Do you prefer TIME CONSUMING platinums or HARD platinums?

fresquinho

Must... resist... making... cliched... played out... overused... corny... AHHHHH!!!!!

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!!!!!!

...dammit.

Funny!!!!!!!! XDDD :yay: ......................no ( ._.)

There is no such thing as a hard platinum. Every so called "difficult" platinum in reality is just time consuming. People don't spend enough time to get good with the games. Hence, they call them hard.

I agree, tbh.

There is no such thing as a hard platinum. Every so called "difficult" platinum in reality is just time consuming. People don't spend enough time to get good with the games. Hence, they call them hard.

There's a difference between spending 100+ hours on GTAIV multiplayer doing the same mission over and over again... and say, beating every boss in 3D Dot Game Heroes without taking any damage.

That said, I prefer time consuming (less frustrating)... but I really dislike both of them. Average difficulty and completing them in a fair amount of time is perfect for me. :)

There's a difference between spending 100+ hours on GTAIV multiplayer doing the same mission over and over again... and say, beating every boss in 3D Dot Game Heroes without taking any damage.

Nah. If you spent 100+ hours playing 3D Dot Game Heroes, I am pretty sure you could do everything flawlessly.

Nah. If you spent 100+ hours playing 3D Dot Game Heroes, I am pretty sure you could do everything flawlessly.

Not if you repeatedly do 100+ hours worth easy missions for easy cash/levels.

3D Dot Game Heroes is hard, GTAIV isn't. You can argue that a hard game can take 100+ hours to properly learn, but it's a pretty weak argument.

I prefer HARD platinums with fun games. Time Consuming ones are the game that you complete the game and then have to start playing the same things over and over, then they get boring and you just dont want to play them anymore and they become the thing of the past for you.

Some of the game that become very time consuming are:

NFS: The Run - Complete the game and every other trophy was unlocked and you were only lvl25 and still had to play the game about another 10-12hrs before you got to lvl30

Shift 2 Unleashed - Getting to 10 million dollars

GT5: Just how long the game is in general and how much time you have to put into the "Special Challenges" and "License Tests" along with the 24hrs races (4 total)

And many more, those are some that just came to mind

Hm.. technically then, I have one easy plat (U3) and two time consuming/easy Plats (Skyrim/ME3). That says a lot in itself, haha. Nonetheless, I'm two trophies away from BF3 and am currently cleaning up Uncharted 1 and 2 for those as my 5th and 6th Plats. Again, those are all games I enjoy playing and working on the trophies (albeit annoying at times) will be fun.

hmmm.....honestly ill agree with oscar and say fun....case and point the un-platted GoW1 and 2, Vanquish, GTA on my list, plus some others....

....but to keep with the question....i cant decide. W@W on my other account (fuck doing HotR twice on vet, im not THAT crazy), plus ive done KZ2 and a few other decently difficult games, so i can say i like a challenge: being given a plat is boring, its basically just a waste unless i buy the game because i want to (which is happening a lot recently, so im losing myability to say this lol)

....however, i have games with time sucking plats...case and point im working on Star Ocean and ive platted FEAR 2....in these cases i enjoy getting a ton of time out of the game....but again, if i dont enjoy it (you boost 100 hours of moving the left stick back and forth for 15 minutes a match for 3 months, and tell me you had loads of fun :| ) its not something ill continue.

.......so as i try to find a good answer ill say this..i guess: either, as long as it doesnt S-U-C-K

Afterword: if you liked any games i used in negative or slightly negative examples....oops? eheh

• Like 1