Project Cars technical details confirmed!

ZeroXOF

I'm a bit lost for words and don't know what to say.

Part of the article:

"As for the console versions, on PlayStation 4 Project Cars runs at 1080p resolution and 60 frames per second.

On Xbox One it's 900p resolution and 60 frames per second.

There's no PS3 or Xbox 360 version of the game, but there is a Wii U version. What about the Wii U resolution? "More info will be released in an upcoming featured article," SMS said."

Read more at Eurogamer: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-04-15-project-cars-technical-details-confirmed

I know WMD members voted to get rid of the last gen versions of the game but I am curious as to why that didn't apply to the Wii U as well. If I'm not mistaken the Wii U is barely more powerful than the PS3 and 360 but there is a much bigger following on those systems (especially for a racing sim) and they actually have racing wheels available so I don't think it makes much sense to cut those and still develop the Wii U version. 

Still, I cannot wait for this game. This has the potential to be a fantastic series and I hope the launch and delay issues don't hurt it. 

Parker

I also remember that I got shocked when they decided to cancel the last gen version of the game, yet still consider a Wii U version, as the Wii U it self was built with a 7th gen quality hardware in mind with 2GB ( if I wasn't wrong ) of RAM as the only difference than ps3 and 360, even though it's GPU is a lot slower than ps3 and 360's.

One of the weirdest excuse of a developer I ever heard.

aw well, I hope the game will live up the hype and turned out to be good so when I finally get myself a ps4 I will get a copy of it, and at least I hope the best for Wii U owner to get it too and not to cancel that version.

Edited by yellowwindow7

> Lol at XBone. Like seriously... that thing seriously can't handle anything on 1080p... 

And people are still saying there is a competition for the best next-gen console

> WiiU?

Wait... what? I do hope they are joking because... if they try to create a WiiU version then we will never get the game.

How can that useless piece of HW that barely has computing capacity of Xbox handle something even XBone cannot handle in 1080p?

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

> Lol at XBone. Like seriously... that thing seriously can't handle anything on 1080p... 

And people are still saying there is a competition for the best next-gen console

> WiiU?

Wait... what? I do hope they are joking because... if they try to create a WiiU version then we will never get the game.

How can that useless piece of HW that barely has computing capacity of Xbox handle something even XBone cannot handle in 1080p?

I wouldn't say that about the X1. Forza 5 was 1080p 60FPS and was a launch game. The PS4's only racing game Driveclub was 1080p 30FPS and still had problems. Competition for the best next gen console is subjective at the moment but it's clear PS4 is taking the sales game to a new level. 

The Wii U inclusion is probably because of their publisher, Namco. Maybe they want to gain some of the Japanese racing game market down there? Also Hardware isn't the problem for these consoles it's the developers. 

Last thing, there was screen tear in the X1 version so I would be careful supporting these people, if they can't make decent games they should still to steam level of indies.

Edited by BearShark