Horribly broken touch screen, am I alone?

I have the OLED White one and it has never happened to me. Only issue is that rarely the lockscreen doesn't register when I swipe down. I can't believe you used a lighter for the minigame. You didn't have a TV screen, computer or cellphone you could have used?

I'm not sure what could be causing your problem, but this is simply a guess, could you be unknowingly pushing too hard on the touchscreen to cause that?

The issue I get is a little different, and not really much of a problem, but my Vita's touchscreen seems incredibly sensitive,there are times where I've sworn I hadn't touched the screen yet, however it registers that I did, always in the same spot where my finger is hovering over the screen, It does make certain games annoying, like Run, Sackboy! Run! (The amount of times I've had my finger hovering over the touchscreen ready to jump over a hazard in that game only to have Sackboy jump prematurely onto\into aforementioned hazard is ridiculous).

• Like 1

Hmmm, iv had my Vita(original model) sine October 2012, and so far i havent encountered any touch screen issues, now and again it will seem a little unresponsive but it always returns to normal after giving it a clean with an optic wipe and a lint free cloth....sweaty hands really don't help either, i remember trying to do a level on Jak and Daxter on a hot day, and the touch screen wouldnt respond because my fingers were too moist lol

The Vitas touch screen is extremely sensitive to bodily fluids. Maybe your hands are too sweaty or something? After owning it for awhile I noticed if any beads of sweat, spit (Not common but it happens lol) get on the screen it will throw off the calibration and you may even have to restart to get it working normally again. Try making sure the screen is completely clean and dry and washing your hands before using it if possible.

I have the newest model of the Vita 2000 I believe & I got it on February 2nd 2015 and the screen does not respond half the time it glitches also. (Pretty poor if you ask me, but that would explain why I got it for sooo cheap $300 NZD)

Cheap? Dude, I went to JB HiFi and got mine for 150. And back in the day, the Feb 2013 one, I bought from EB for 200. Both were new. The Vita is well worth 300, but still, that's so much more than you needed to pay. Feels.

I have the OLED White one and it has never happened to me. Only issue is that rarely the lockscreen doesn't register when I swipe down. I can't believe you used a lighter for the minigame. You didn't have a TV screen, computer or cellphone you could have used?

Dude, I tried my bedroom's light, I tried all the other room's lights, I tried my laptop, phone, phone's flash, the light in my fridge, literally everything in the house that made a light, the lighter was the only thing that got the slightest response. I was quite confused...rear touch pad screwed up and I thought I was gonna have to return it (and pretend it was like that from the get go, since it was a few days old at the time) but then by some miracle it worked fine in the morning and did until I sold it.

The Vitas touch screen is extremely sensitive to bodily fluids. Maybe your hands are too sweaty or something? After owning it for awhile I noticed if any beads of sweat, spit (Not common but it happens lol) get on the screen it will throw off the calibration and you may even have to restart to get it working normally again. Try making sure the screen is completely clean and dry and washing your hands before using it if possible.

Thought it might have been me, so I got my girlfriend and someone else staying at my house at the time to play around with both the old model and it's replacement, it was just as terrible for them.

Here's a fun fact. So I went to return the new one right, they had two in stock at the time I purchased it, in the 4 days between then and now, someone bought the other and returned it due to being faulty as well. Maybe that store just had a bunch of dud ones? Anyway, another store in that chain about half an hour away exchanged the unit for me earlier today and so far so good. Hopefully the original model died of old age and the replacement was just a shit one and this one will work for years to come, like my faithful PSP over there who's been kicking for almost 10 years with no trouble.

(Vita is like my waifu lol)

Know that feeling =D

Yea, agree with this. I can't stand any kind of bubbles on the screen but they something happen and I can confirm it screws the touches for a while.

Giving Vita a clean is a must after this.

The only time I had an issue with mine was after I sneezed on it.  Gross I know, so little Vita was a bit angry with me after that.  Wouldn't do what I asked but once I gave it a proper cleaning it was happy again.

She definitely was right to be angry! Don't ever do it again!

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My second fucking replacement (by this point I cannot be fucked holding in my swearing for the online people) isn't fucking working fucking either.

Fucking LittleBigPlanet is doing all sorts of crazy shit after multiple fucking resets and it's happening now in the menus and shit too. I thinks the fucking back button is being held when I'm in the trophy menu, I can't scroll up or down but can if I use the buttons so the Vita's not frozen, just the touch screen is fucked.

So I'm gonna see if I can manage to make my way through this game fully, then I'm returning this piece of shit. Fuck you Sony. I've bought literally every model of PSP, I've two of the PSP Go, this is my third Vita in the space of a couple weeks.

As far as I'm concerned, your portable shit, can suck my left nut. Fuck you and your faulty shit, you've had more than enough chances.