God Of War: Ascension multiplayer footage

AndroidFox

God of War: Ascension has online and offline multiplayer battles for up to eight players. There are a variety of multiplayer modes, customisable avatar warriors, armour and weapon types to unlock. Eurogamer's Johnny Minkley saw it in action for a God of War: Ascension preview, published today.

Multiplayer "combines the brutal gameplay and large-scale battles that God of War is known for to create a competitive experience like never before", Sony said. According to game director Todd Pappy it's a "fresh twist" on competitive gaming.

But the game has single-player, too, this time with a "revamped" combat and weapon system, "promptless" mini-games and new puzzles. Sony mentioned "fluid, life-like characters, dynamic lighting effects, and world-changing scenarios".

Pappy told Eurogamer Ascension's campaign is "just a little bit shorter" than in previous God of War games. "We've mapped out everything and given time estimates. It'll be pretty damn close."

And lead combat designer Jason McDonald insisted that single-player has not suffered as a result of the addition of multiplayer. "We didn't want to sacrifice single-player for multiplayer, neither did we want to tack [the latter] on," he said. "We're definitely going full force with both."

Is no SP game sacred any more :angry:. None seem to be immune from the dreaded MP curse.

Why does God of War need multiplayer? Seriously it doesn't.

We are cut from the same cloth... I feel the same way...

although, truth be told i picked up ME3 and haven't even tried the single player because a few of my friends are playing the multiplayer and its pretty dang fun!!!

Video games are evolving for sure... its just a fact of life now that we need to just deal with... before trophies and multiplayer people had to just enjoy games... now people are obsessed with kill counts and trophies and online status... I cant stop the train but i can still just enjoy a game for what it is instead of rushing through it for a platinum.

I think the bigger problem here is that all the GOW games seem to be the same thing over and over again... Kratos fights for the titans until he pisses them off and switches sides... fights along side the gods until he pisses them off and then goes back to fighting for the titans... why don't the gods and the titans all get to gether and smash him... Temperamental family murderer... BAH!