Left Behind standalone - Separate list or?

It's cheap, yes. I considered buying the standalone to see if I'd be interested in getting the TLoU remastered on PS4. Just one thing cauhht my eye at PS store:

Important: 

• This is a standalone game and doesn’t require a copy of The Last of Us™ Remastered.

• This game includes a two-hour trial of Factions multiplayer mode, which you can upgrade to the full version via the in-game store.

So it's a two-hour trial, not really a standalone game?

What? 

The two hour trial is for the multiplayer, not for the game

• Like 1

^This people. It's a cheap way for people who played it on ps3 but didn't buy the dlc who now have ps4's and don't want to have to rebuy the full remastered game. Nothing wrong with OPTIONS.

But then they're stuck with the Remastered trophy list on their profile, so they do have to rebuy the full remastered game if they want a good overall completion. This is such a shitty move, akin to the Uncharted 3 nonsense when that was on PS+, and it's simply despicable. Just another awful move by Naughty Dog, but that should be expected at this rate. They love screwing customers over.

• Like 1

But then they're stuck with the Remastered trophy list on their profile, so they do have to rebuy the full remastered game if they want a good overall completion. This is such a shitty move, akin to the Uncharted 3 nonsense when that was on PS+, and it's simply despicable. Just another awful move by Naughty Dog, but that should be expected at this rate. They love screwing customers over.

Believe it or not, the majority of gamers are not profile completionists.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, after reading through different websites and this discussion, I still couldn't really figure it out. My question is: I plan to buy the DLC, but if I buy the standalone version of Left Behind for the PS3 and I already own a retail version of TLoU (PS3 as well), will the trophies for standalone still pop up, or do trophies for that even exist? Otherwise I'd rather buy the DLC normally. Hopefully someone knows the answer. :)

So, after reading through different websites and this discussion, I still couldn't really figure it out. My question is: I plan to buy the DLC, but if I buy the standalone version of Left Behind for the PS3 and I already own a retail version of TLoU (PS3 as well), will the trophies for standalone still pop up, or do trophies for that even exist? Otherwise I'd rather buy the DLC normally. Hopefully someone knows the answer. :)

In your case if you have the PS3 game and want the extra content on PS3, it doesn't matter which version you buy, you'll get the same trophies.

This standalone is for really people who want to play Left behind on PS4 without having to buy the full game on PS4

In your case if you have the PS3 game and want the extra content on PS3, it doesn't matter which version you buy, you'll get the same trophies.

This standalone is for really people who want to play Left behind on PS4 without having to buy the full game on PS4

Thanks, now I got it. Really helped me out there, man.