DW8 Needed for Platinum?

I've tried looking around as a normal google search, but I see answers both ways. So I'm going to put my faith in the heart of the cards PSNP.

Does anyone know whether or not the Dynasty Warriors 8 disc is necessary in order to fully play, or in this case Platinum, Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends?

if im not mistaken xtreme ed is an expansion or remaster in a sense of dw8 and has a separate trophy list to plat

Yeah they have 2 separate lists. I know that in the past when you play the Xtreme Legends game and load up the normal edition it will unlock the story modes on the XL game. I'm more than sure I don't need the DW8 in order to unlock anything within 8XL in order to get the Platinum, but I don't have a clear answer. I also don't remember needing DW7 for 7XL.

I traded in DW8 a long time ago which was kind of a mistake...and now it's more expensive than the XL game.  :facepalm:

If I remember correctly, you have to be a premium member to lock threads. 

Sounds about right. I learn a lot about the workings of PSNP through other threads but can't remember it all.  -_-

Even if it does get locked I'm sure I'm not the only person that has had this question so hopefully others can see it and have an answer.

I've tried looking around as a normal google search, but I see answers both ways. So I'm going to put my faith in the heart of the cards PSNP.

Does anyone know whether or not the Dynasty Warriors 8 disc is necessary in order to fully play, or in this case Platinum, Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends?

No DW 8 is not needed for the DW8 XL plat, As I had went for DW 8 XL on the PS4 and had no issues.

DW 8 just help's with Importing u're said data from 8 over to XL.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...