Infamous First Light Contains Spoilers For Second Son?

Spiersaz

I got First Light on PS Plus a while back but forgot about it until now. I've played Infamous 1 but not Second Son. So my question is if I need to play Second Son before First Light or is it possible to start with the latter?

Also I'm aware of that First Light is a prequel but some backstories are written as if to be experienced by their release orders and not chronologically. So is that the case with First Light?

Not really spoilers - but the Fetch charater is supposed to be a bit mysterious for a while in the Second Son story - which will obviously not be the case if you played through First Light first - but i dont think it would really ruin the story - just change its impact a little

• Like 1

It's been a long time since I played both, and both were played on their release more or less, so Second Son then First Light, but I don't think anything will be spoiled, however playing the prequel first might be interesting, as it'll give you some insight into the villain & the lead in FL when you meet them in SS.  As I said, been a while, but I don't recall any particular 'spoilers' and it's a proper prequel leading up to events very early in SS.   I don't see a problem, someone will correct me if I'm forgetting something, but yeah, it could enhance the SS experience...

• Like 1

You're pretty safe. You're simply learning what led to the beginning of Second Son(very briefly) along with the back story of Fetch and how she came to be placed in the story.

I really, really enjoyed First Light. If you play it first, I really don't think you'll ruin too much and it would be a great way to practice with the controls of Second Son before actually playing it. First Light has some nice challenges and trial type gameplay. Waves after waves of enemies

Edited by blankmar

It pretty much just shows one of the opening scenes of Second Son. I forget if it gives away who a couple of the other characters are. I don't think it spoils anything about them anyway if it does. I think they could played in either order just fine.

I actually think I'd recommend First Light be played before Second Son. As others have said, the mystery of "Who is the conduit" quest line in Second Son is lost, but I think I would have preferred to experience Fetch's story first instead of being told it later. That way the end of her story isn't spoiled before you play it.