Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

Killed the Undying Dragon, got the Darkness Ring. Did all Arumat coliseum BTs (+ got a ton of other grindy BTs in the process), Solo 15 Rank right now.

Going to start 7SD tomorrow.

Will update later.

Awesome, congrats :yay:. I'm also doing the 7SD. What level is your party? I first entered around lvl 75 and was barely surviving with the main party. Returned at lvl 90 and it's so much easier.

Everyone is slightly underleveled then. Sarah 68, Reimi 69, Edge 70 and Arumat 73. I think I'll just run around the first floor and Dragon Roar at everything for a time being.

It's much quicker to get 5 ambushes at the start of the Palace of Creation. Just lure a couple of enemies to the golem and use Ocarina to respawn them. I got around 200,000 exp per battle with 140% exp + 100%-150% ambush exp. A single battle in 7SD only yields around 50,000 exp with 140% and takes much longer to complete.

Btw how did you get Dragon Roar already? I thought the water ring was on the seventh floor in 7SD.

It's much quicker to get 5 ambushes at the start of the Palace of Creation. Just lure a couple of enemies to the golem and use Ocarina to respawn them. I got around 200,000 exp per battle with 140% exp + 100%-150% ambush exp. A single battle in 7SD only yields around 50,000 exp with 140% and takes much longer to complete.

Btw how did you get Dragon Roar already? I thought the water ring was on the seventh floor in 7SD.

The Xbox Efficency Guide (and a handful of others) lists Dragon Roar chest as darkness based, and I didn't bother to check if that was the case in PS3 version... until now. My bad. I should've known that the International version, as usual, will do something like this.

Edited by NetEntity

The Xbox Efficency Guide (and a handful of others) lists Dragon Roar chest as darkness based, and I didn't bother to check if that was the case in PS3 version... until now. My bad. I should've known that the International version, as usual, will do something like this.

Ah I see, that was a huge disappointment for me too.

Maxed out my bunny Usagi and did a few 100 Class Races. Already can see that this is going to be tedious.

Moved to the save point near the Palace of Creation, going to start level grind for the 7SD soon and work for the Edge's -ology drops \ Arumat kills in the process. Switching in time is going to be tricky, but I'm going to be there a long time anyway, so I might as well multitask.

Current stats:

Edge: 32%

Reimi: 22%

Faize: 48% 

Lymle: 18%

Bacchus: 64%

Meracle: 9%

Myuria: 6%

Sarah: 1%

Arumat: 43%

25/47 Trophies - 243/900 Battle Trophies - 97:34 Hours (+ 4:13 Hours)

• Like 1

Dr, thought ahead and equipped many synth Ashley jewels :angel:

I believe the correct number was "a shit ton" ^_^

Good to know, I've yet to face Ashlay.

Yeah...they kind of help. Not only do they boost your attack (by a lot) but also give you another hit. So I had 4 equipped on my weapons and another one worn by Edge, Arumat and Meracle. So all 3 of them were powerhouses who just didn't stop attacking. In the back I had Sarah just healing and resurrecting (turned off all her other attacks). She literally never got touched once and Satanail didn't know what hit him...well I mean he knew what hit him as I pounded his ass over and over and over but you know what I mean :D

• Like 2

Maxed out my bunny Usagi and did a few 100 Class Races. Already can see that this is going to be tedious.

Moved to the save point near the Palace of Creation, going to start level grind for the 7SD soon and work for the Edge's -ology drops \ Arumat kills in the process. Switching in time is going to be tricky, but I'm going to be there a long time anyway, so I might as well multitask.

Current stats:

Edge: 32%

Reimi: 22%

Faize: 48% 

Lymle: 18%

Bacchus: 64%

Meracle: 9%

Myuria: 6%

Sarah: 1%

Arumat: 43%

25/47 Trophies - 243/900 Battle Trophies - 97:34 Hours (+ 4:13 Hours)

Good luck.

Yeah...they kind of help. Not only do they boost your attack (by a lot) but also give you another hit. So I had 4 equipped on my weapons and another one worn by Edge, Arumat and Meracle. So all 3 of them were powerhouses who just didn't stop attacking. In the back I had Sarah just healing and resurrecting (turned off all her other attacks). She literally never got touched once and Satanail didn't know what hit him...well I mean he knew what hit him as I pounded his ass over and over and over but you know what I mean :D

I want those Ashlay Jewels. 

Yes. I'm using the Ocarina strategy, but the drop rates didn't improve much so far even with the ambushes.

Just making sure (because I stupidly made this mistake with Sarah) you have your drop rate leveled to 10 right?

Also don't fret too much about Edge's drops as you need to get to 30000 kills anyways so you will be killing a lot of enemies with him over time ^_^

Just making sure (because I stupidly made this mistake with Sarah) you have your drop rate leveled to 10 right?

Also don't fret too much about Edge's drops as you need to get to 30000 kills anyways so you will be killing a lot of enemies with him over time ^_^

Good point, I forgot to do that with Arumat at first :facepalm:. Figured it out once the BT for 20 drops didn't unlock after killing a few hundred bugs  -_- .

Of course, Antropology was the very first skill I've maxed for him. I've always maxed the drop skills right after learning them from the skill books.

I'm not sure whether to do Edge's BTs on this playthrough or Faize's. I'm trying to devise an optimal course of action, and so far it goes as "well, I'm going to be in the Palace for a while, so this seems like good opportunity to do the drops as well" but I've also decided to focus on Arumat kills right now...

Maybe I should just main Edge for a while and eventually do his kills on this playthrough as well?  

Edited by NetEntity