Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

Update time. Finally caught a glimpse of that light at the end of the tunnel when this happened:

https://imgur.com/gallery/LhgekyH

As mentioned a couple of updates back, the plan was to then get the 255 zoology drops for Sarah when this was done, and after redoing the Satanael fight again for Sarah's boss trophies and grinding out 999 revives, now both Faize and Sarah are up to 100%. My Myuria seemed to be a fair bit behind so I'm building her up a bit right now, but in theory I'm just a lot of grinding away from the platinum. I do still have my Universe/Chaos runs to do, and get Faize's ending which I keep screwing up, and 100 races, but those are just a matter of time. I still think it will take me well over a month, I am not known for playing quickly, but it will happen.

Battle trophies:

Edge: 81

Reimi: 85

Faize: 100

Lymle: 83

Bacchus: 81

Meracle: 85

Sarah: 100

Myuria: 69

Arumat: 88

Total: 772/900

• Like 4

Another Sunday, which means another update.

I managed to 100% Reimi and Myuria and last night finished off Lymle to 100%. For the 123 damage, I was doing long range attacks at 112 ATK vs a Killer Wasp. The plan now is to go for Meracle 100% and if that happens with time to spare, probably start my universe run and do the Bacchus farming there. After that, it'll just be Arumat/Edge left for the long grinds. I have a few more bunny races under my belt, though still have a long way to go there.

Battle trophies:

Edge: 82

Reimi: 100

Lymle: 100

Bacchus: 89

Meracle: 85

Myuria: 100

Arumat: 89

Total: 845/900

• Like 3

It's been a slow week for me, so there isn't a huge amount to report on for this week. However, I did finish off Meracle to 100%. I changed my mind over what to do with Bacchus and have decided to just farm his in Nox Obscuris. So far with Bacchus, I have completed all his damage trophies (the 65536 one sucked). Now he just needs 255 rush modes, 255 robotics (and 50/100) and 999 mechanical kills. I did however start my universe run with getting the Faize ending in mind and will be continuing that once I get something to eat. I'm currently saved just before the phantoms fight there. I won't have much time to play next week as I'll be abroad for most of it, but should be able to finish off my Universe run. I'll probably go for Chaos right after (at least until the point of no return, it's a nice last thing to do for the platinum) so don't expect much BT progress for next week.

Battle trophies:

Edge: 82

Bacchus: 95

Meracle: 100

Total: 866/900

• Like 3

Another week gone, and as stated before, being out of the country for most of the week has meant that I haven't been able to get that many hours in for this. That said, I did finish my universe run (9 hours) and got the Faize ending and my Chaos file is currently on Roak, though I'm going to make that the last thing I do for the platinum. I am still working on Bacchus' ology drops (by my count, on 155 so far). The rest of his BTs however are done so I am doing as many kills as I can with Edge and hit a couple more of his BTs out. It'll be more of the same for this week, but I should get Bacchus done tomorrow and then I can work on Edge or Arumat depending on how I feel (the general route is the same for either). 

Battle Trophies:

Edge: 84

Bacchus: 99

Total: 872/900

• Like 1

Update time:

I'm getting close to the end now. I have nowhere left to run when it comes to all these Edge and Arumat kills. I finished Bacchus' drops and suffered through the 100 bunny races, and then cleared out pretty much all of the miscellaneous BTs for Edge and Arumat. I'm currently farming away at the Palace of Creation to try and get Edge's ology drops. Seeing as I'm now on 892/900, I may as well just post the BTs I'm missing now:

Edge - 30k/100k hits, 255 Anthropology drops, 15k/30k enemy kills

Arumat - 8k/15k/30k enemy kills

After I get the Anthropology drops, I'm debating whether to stay at the Palace or go to the Cave of the Seven stars for the rest of the kills. I'm working on trying to do a certain number of battles per day depending on how much free time I have. I did 1500 yesterday, but that burned me out, so will probably settle for 500 when I have work and 1000 when I don't (may need to settle for 250 when I have work and other commitments). I'm currently on around 11k kills on Edge and 4600 ish on Arumat.

This is more of a formality given the above, but overall battle trophies:

Edge - 95

Reimi - 100

Faize - 100

Lymle - 100

Bacchus - 100

Meracle - 100

Sarah - 100

Myuria - 100

Arumat - 97

Total: 892/900

Edited by manudude02
missed a few details
  • Like 3

Update time:

I suspect this might be the last update before my platinum. I have finished the grind for Edge (44 hours to get the kills) and finished his other BTs, and started the grind for Arumat. I think I'm somewhere around 7500 kills for him now. I played a little more of my Chaos file last night and beat the phantoms which I'm glad about seeing it was the one fight I was most worried about if I am going to do a platinum stream. Going by my estimates. I expect to have the 30k kills finished on Friday night or Saturday, and then I'll just need to complete the Chaos run to get the platinum. 

Battle trophies:

Edge: 100

Bacchus: 100

Arumat: 97

Total: 897/900

• Like 4

I can't take this challenge. I played Star Ocean 2 as my first entry and OMFG that was hard, I'd rather try to speedrun Pokemon Ultra Moon with nothing but an unevolved Alolan Sandshrew more than attempt to do this challenge. (And that's impossible without Double Team due to Alolan Sandshrew being quad weak to fighting and fire attacks and having the worst special defense in all of Pokemon, so even a simple Bubble attack can one-shot it. :P)

That's not to say I won't support anyone attempting to do this platinum, as I recently platinumed FFXIV (the PS5 trophy list, and boy howdy that game DRAGGED - I mean, 3000 FATEs is no small amount!), and it was so tedious that it ruined the game for me and I've stopped playing FFXIV for a month or so. Still, I applaud those attempting to 100% all the battle trophies and wish you all the best. ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Update!

Synthed my Laser Weapon and Laser Suit and defeated Gabriel.

Also got 50% BTs for everyone and just finished doing the exact damage battle trophies for everyone. At 64 hours played. Next up is 200 colosseum fights with everyone while combining as many BTs with it as possible.

Edge: 58

Reimie: 68

Faize: 50

Lymle: 60

Bacchus: 78

Meracle: 65

Sarah: 60

Myuria: 64

Arumat: 54

• Like 2

Lots of progress over the weekend.

Managed to kill Ethereal queen within 10 minutes with Lymle and also got 75% battle trophies!

Edge: 59

Reimie: 79

Faize: 50

Lymle: 70

Bacchus: 83

Meracle: 82

Sarah: 77

Myuria: 88

Arumat: 87

Total: 675/900

• Like 4

Got 30k kills with Arumat and all the -ology drops minus Bacchus now. Working on Edge's 30k kills at the moment. I think I'm gonna save this plat for #200 so I'm gonna hold off on the platinum for awhile.

Edge: 97

Reimie: 100

Faize: 96

Bacchus: 97

Sarah: 98

Arumat: 100

Total: 888/900

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Back in action and attempting a 3rd stack of Star Ocean: The Last Hope -International-! 

Progress: 

• Edge -78%
  • Reimi - 88%
  • Faize - 51%
  • Lymle - 97%
  • Bacchus - 94%
  • Meracle - 88%
  • Sarah - 94%
  • Myuria - 94%
  • Arumat - 90%

Overall: 774 battle trophies (86%)