Flawless Raider: A Guide

sol_r-

I wrote a guide on Kotaku's user blog after getting almost fifty friend requests to help. Hopefully it will making things a bit easier, though I see a lot of people are figuring it out themselves now.

http://tay.kinja.com/flawless-raider-a-guide-1705429103

This is really well done, you should post it as a gameplay guide on this site as well if you want ;) If so I'd link it from the main Destiny guide since its Flawless Raider trophy needs an update

Edited by BlindMango

Thanks, this is the first guide I've ever made. I don't really know how to use the site.

Ah, you'd just need to go to the Destiny game page and then press the big green button on the right side that says "Create a Trophy or Gameplay Guide" and from there you'll need to press the "Gameplay Guide" button and make a title and description for the guide (which can be edited later), then press "Create Guide" and that's where you can paste everything into sections and submit it for approval once you're done! ;)

You also need to prove it's you somehow so I know you're not taking someone else's work and claiming it as your own (which is a normal thing we have to be sure of) :P Maybe post a status update on your Kotaku profile linking your PSNProfile or something like that, or post a comment in the guide saying something, whatever's best, lol

I updated the guide with a message at the bottom. I'll post it as a guide here soon.

Okay cool, I see it - However, it's PSNProfiles.com, not .net  :P

Anyway, it checks out! You're good to go! :) If you need help with anything like how to make sections or upload images and stuff, go ahead and drop a comment in the comments area for your guide.

Edited by BlindMango

I got this trophy by completing the VOG, but yes Crota's End is much easier if you are attempting to get the Flawless Raider trophy. The first part is really easy with a Hunter, not to mention the tons of cheese this Raid has and now that we can level up to Level 34 this should be piece of cake.

Yeah, Crota can be done in under 30 minutes with no problem, and the only player that really has to be good at the game is the Hunter. Everyone else has to just follow directions and not be totally incompetent. 

Yeah, Crota can be done in under 30 minutes with no problem, and the only player that really has to be good at the game is the Hunter. Everyone else has to just follow directions and not be totally incompetent.

Published your guide! Made some formatting fixes here and there and also added the introduction! Nicely done ;)

I also linked your guide from the main Destiny guide, it's one of our most viewed guides here on the site so it should give your guide some good traffic after a while!

Edited by BlindMango

...snip

Very thorough guide. I did flawless on VoG, but I've done a lot done a lot of CE and I've cheesed more of it than I'd care to admit. I'd like to give some suggestions if that's ok.

• Not really a cheese, but I prefer having the party build and send the hunter across the bridge. Climbing the tower is easy regardless of whether there are enemies on the map or not and the hunter will be safe as long as they don't shoot anything on the other side.
  • The hiding spot on the other side of the bridge is the best spot, like you said. However, have your hunter dance or sit down. The third person view will help you see enemies better. If you didnt kill the gatekeeper and he or thrall are trying to rush you, simply step to the left. They usually run over the ledge.
  • Defender Titans help out emensely for the entire raid. They're especially useful for the thrall hallway. Use the bubbles for protection from the Shriekers hate blast. It works even better with a Saint-14 helm to blind the rushing thralls.
  • Place a ward of dawn bubble (weapons of light) on top of the large doors in the crystal room during the Ir Yut fight. The bubble should be placed as far to one side of the door as possible to allow room to leave the bubble to shoot rockets and still stay on top of the door.
  • After Ir Yut is dead have everyone empty their primary and heavy weapons without killing anything. Then equip Icebreakers and kill everything with that. This will make tons of heavy ammo drop. Be careful not to step onto any ammo or it will end the glitch.
  • If you used the previous glitch you should have enough heavy ammo that everyone should have enough rocket launcher ammo to take out the sword bearer and shoot two rockets a Crota instead of using primary fire. Gjally usually holds 7 rockets and Hunger holds 6. Thats two or three rockets for the Sword bearer and four for Crota (2 for each down).
  • A defender bubble placed on the platform between the glass where everyone is standing and the boomer knights will distract the boomers long enough to leave a little room for error for the hunter. The bubble should be placed on the platform where Crota usually stands when he comes close to the window on top of a circular vent looking thing. The Titan should place the bubble as soon as the sword bearer goes down and should stay in the bubble to draw the boomers fire, but be prepared to step out and shoot Crota when the hunter is ready.

Cool, thanks! Didn't expect it to be posted anywhere officially. I just had tons of people asking me to help them with the trophy. Thought it looks like my guide might be made redundant as there's a rumor going around saying the level 32 Prison of Elders pops the raid trophies...

Cool, thanks! Didn't expect it to be posted anywhere officially. I just had tons of people asking me to help them with the trophy. Thought it looks like my guide might be made redundant as there's a rumor going around saying the level 32 Prison of Elders pops the raid trophies...

Only raiding party. The article I read on Reddit had one person saying flawless didn't unlock for them.