Reincarnation & Item World.

I'm new to the Disgaea universe with this being my first game. I've played through the main story & am now working on the very lengthy post game. Just a few questions I need answered. 

Is reincarnation really beneficial? I've read in a guide you keep your stats. But do you also keep the skills at there current levels & the mana? 

Currently my highest level character is at 700+ which I know is not nearly close to what I'll need for all the post game stuff. Would it be worth is to reincarnate? 

As for the item world; does different items reach different levels? At the start of the game I just threw in a common item to see what the place was about & it went 30 floors in before it wouldn't let me back in the item world with that item. But now I'm working on a legendary item & I've past floor 30.

Speaking from almost finishing the original PS3 game, i'm not sure if PSV version is different.

Yeah it is beneficial in a lot of ways, You don't get to keep your stats of your current level, but rather the base stats + the points you get to use to enhance stats.

You do get to keep all learnt skills and evilities, except the unique ones if, and only if, you are changing from a class to another, but the amount of mana resets.

But at your current level, do not bother reincarnating until you have reached your first LV9999.

Common items contain 30 floors only, Rare contain 60 floors, and Legendary go all the way up to floor 100.

Hope that helps! ^_^

Edited by Timanthon
  • Like 2

But at your current level, do not bother reincarnating until you have reached your first LV9999.

Aw I'm gonna dread maxing out just to start over again. But I'm sure I'll have to do it anyway. 

Common items contain 30 floors only, Rare contain 60 floors, and Legendary go all the way up to floor 100.

Okay that makes sense. I've only been taking the item boost routes though. Would it matter if I took an innocent route? I'm not really even sure what an innocent is...

Thank you for the answers! ^^

To add to what Timathon said not only should you wait until you are max level but you also want some strong lv. 300 equipment with high stats. You also want some lv. 300 statistician innocents on your equipment so you can quickly level up on Mt of Ordeal 4, reincarnate, rinse and repeat. If you can't quickly level up after reincarnating. then you really aren't gonna see much benefit since you get a little with each reincarnation dood.

• Like 3

To add to what Timathon said not only should you wait until you are max level but you also want some strong lv. 300 equipment with high stats. You also want some lv. 300 statistician innocents on your equipment so you can quickly level up on Mt of Ordeal 4, reincarnate, rinse and repeat. If you can't quickly level up after reincarnating. then you really aren't gonna see much benefit since you get a little with each reincarnation dood.

Alright guess I need to start putting in major time in the item world. But how do I get a statistician innocent? 

Alright guess I need to start putting in major time in the item world. But how do I get a statistician innocent? 

You get them in reverse pirating. Reverse pirating becomes available after you defeat a crew of pirates in the item world for the 1st time. For every 20 floors of an item you complete you will be able to do 1 Reverse pirating floor for an item. I just realized this thread is for the vita version though and my experience comes from the PS3 version so not sure if things work differently on there dood

• Like 2

You get them in reverse pirating. Reverse pirating becomes available after you defeat a crew of pirates in the item world for the 1st time. For every 20 floors of an item you complete you will be able to do 1 Reverse pirating floor for an item. I just realized this thread is for the vita version though and my experience comes from the PS3 version so not sure if things work differently on there dood

Well I have yet to run into any pirates, but really haven't spent much time in the item world. Thank you for the answer! I'm sure I'll run into some soon. 

PS Vita is the same as the console versions, but contains all the DLC as well. A pity you started off on D4, wish you had started with D3 for the Vita.

Actually, I would have recommended finding a cheap PSP and picking up D1 and D2 before going on to D3 and D4 on the Vita. The portables contain all the DLC from the console versions and change just some minor stuff. Playing D4 first and then going to D3 will partially spoil you and may make completing D3 a drag.

Learn to love item world, innocents and reincarnating. You're going to be doing a lot of it to finish all the post-game stuff. There is tons of in-depth strategy out there with explanations about what innocent does what, where to find them and how to max them out. I wore out my original D1 strategy guide around my 500th gaming hour on my PSP. 

Still have my fingers crossed for a D1 and D2 combo Vita release. I'll pre-order the second I hear about it.

• Like 1

Some tips on the statisticians and any other inocent lvl up.

Get 1 rank 1 item and run item world to floor 96 (Gency out in this floor) always going through the innocent path.

Get some enforcer innocent (any emblem have a chance of having those innocents, you can force them to appear in the intermarry emblems, and 1 of the Mont of Ordeals map have alot of enemies with emblems, use that to get all enforcers that you need).

Move the unsubdued innocents to the item you prepared at lvl 96, then save, enter the item, if the innocent spawn kill it, and gency out (don't go any floor in it). If no innocent spawn but there's a event or mystery gate do it to see if the innocent spawn, if not, quite the game and reload.

After that move another unsobdued innocent and merge it with the subdued one, and repeat the above step.

That's the easiest to max lvl innocents in this Disgaea.

But for Statisticians and Guardians I would suggest to dupe items on the senate using a foreign minister to charm your character.

And for start I would suggest you to get 16+ sets of 300 Statisticians and Managers.

Also get some 300 apt characters from someone else (I would give you some, but my pirated only show up on turn 2 or 3 and I don't have enough parts to make a better pirate ship).

PS: Disgaea 4 vita, basically is the same as Disgaea 4 on the PS3, but have all the DLC and some new features add in either Disgaea 3 vita and Disgaea D2 (they kept improving features with each game, the original Disgaea 3 was the worst in the innocent management and grind part..)

And lastly, all FAQs found in GameFAQs for Disgaea 4 for PS3 are valid for this game, so read them, there's alot of good info there.

• Like 1

Actually, I would have recommended finding a cheap PSP and picking up D1 and D2 before going on to D3 and D4 on the Vita. The portables contain all the DLC from the console versions and change just some minor stuff. Playing D4 first and then going to D3 will partially spoil you and may make completing D3 a drag.

I still have my PSP. I thought about buying them in order, but really I don't think it'd bother me too much. I like grindy games & figured I'd play the newest one out just in case there was any improvements from the old ones. Even though I'm still trying to get the gameplay down with the item world, geo blocks, etc I really like the challenge & will definitely get around to the other games in this series. But only after I understand everything in this one. 

Still have my fingers crossed for a D1 and D2 combo Vita release. I'll pre-order the second I hear about it.

I would love for that to happen. I did think about buying them from the PS store, but it's only playable on the PS3 & games like these never hold my interest on a console. Something about portable suits me better. 

Some tips on the statisticians and any other inocent lvl up.

Get 1 rank 1 item and run item world to floor 96 (Gency out in this floor) always going through the innocent path.

Get some enforcer innocent (any emblem have a chance of having those innocents, you can force them to appear in the intermarry emblems, and 1 of the Mont of Ordeals map have alot of enemies with emblems, use that to get all enforcers that you need).

Move the unsubdued innocents to the item you prepared at lvl 96, then save, enter the item, if the innocent spawn kill it, and gency out (don't go any floor in it). If no innocent spawn but there's a event or mystery gate do it to see if the innocent spawn, if not, quite the game and reload.

After that move another unsobdued innocent and merge it with the subdued one, and repeat the above step.

That's the easiest to max lvl innocents in this Disgaea.

But for Statisticians and Guardians I would suggest to dupe items on the senate using a foreign minister to charm your character.

And for start I would suggest you to get 16+ sets of 300 Statisticians and Managers.

Also get some 300 apt characters from someone else (I would give you some, but my pirated only show up on turn 2 or 3 and I don't have enough parts to make a better pirate ship).

PS: Disgaea 4 vita, basically is the same as Disgaea 4 on the PS3, but have all the DLC and some new features add in either Disgaea 3 vita and Disgaea D2 (they kept improving features with each game, the original Disgaea 3 was the worst in the innocent management and grind part..)

And lastly, all FAQs found in GameFAQs for Disgaea 4 for PS3 are valid for this game, so read them, there's alot of good info there.

This is exactly what I was looking for! I really needed like a walkthrough to get me started. 

& it's good to know the GameFAQs worked for the Vita as well. I've been looking through those, but wasn't quite sure if it applied. 

Yes, from the most of it, it's the same as the ps3 version if you play with all the DLC.

The only addictions to it were the innocent storage (add in Disgaea 3 vita), Cheat shop (add on Disgaea D2), and I believe the Peta magic rank and rank 40+ for weapons (new or returning from earlier games, I think), but I may be wrong and those could have been in the DLC on the ps3 version, I didn't bough any DLC for it.

• 6 months later...