Atelier Sophie - Coming west in June

I'm pretty sure there will be NA versions as well. 

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=atelier+sophie

Amazon has it, so other stores will surely have it as well.

I'm only seeing Japanese versions on amazon. So unless amazon plans to put up a standard NA version, it looks like buying the Limited Edition is the way to go, really didn't want to spend that much money. But if its the only way to get a NA release of the disc on the ps4, then I gotta snag it. 

Edited by bcks007

I'm only seeing Japanese versions on amazon. So unless amazon plans to put up a standard NA version, it looks like buying the Limited Edition is the way to go, really didn't want to spend that much money. But if its the only way to get a NA release of the disc on the ps4, then I gotta snag it. 

Ah, my bad, didn't read the full descriptions. Well, in any case, check Amazon when the release date is near.

• 2 months later...

I'm still debating whether to get this on ps4 or on Vita. I was leaning toward Vita (even though i hate that its digital only) but i read on facebook that it would be missing some of the preorder content from the ps4 version including the Aqua Suit (Gamestop, Amazon) and the BGM pack (Bestbuy).

I really hate that digital purchasers get less content (especially since i'm not sure they will even sell these on the psn store) but it is what it is. I might hold off till a couple reviews to see if the Vita runs well or if i'm better off just getting the ps4 copy.

I'm still debating whether to get this on ps4 or on Vita. I was leaning toward Vita (even though i hate that its digital only) but i read on facebook that it would be missing some of the preorder content from the ps4 version including the Aqua Suit (Gamestop, Amazon) and the BGM pack (Bestbuy).

I really hate that digital purchasers get less content (especially since i'm not sure they will even sell these on the psn store) but it is what it is. I might hold off till a couple reviews to see if the Vita runs well or if i'm better off just getting the ps4 copy.

I'm always, and I mean always for Vita in all instances, but... Atelier is a console series. You are probably better off getting the PS4 version =)

I'm getting it so I can have something to play on PS4 because PS4 has no games :awesome:

• Like 1

I'm always, and I mean always for Vita in all instances, but... Atelier is a console series. You are probably better off getting the PS4 version =)

I'm getting it so I can have something to play on PS4 because PS4 has no games :awesome:

You make a great point. There really isn't many jrpgs to play on Ps4, while i already have plenty on ps Vita. :)

I caved and preordered the LE from NISAeurope this morning. The character design has charmed me enough to want to invest. Hopefully this won't be my last foray into the series. I like the look of Shallie to  :)

Just remember that Shallie is a part of Dusk trilogy and should not be played separately from Ayesha and EschatoLogy =)

Though... Sophie is technically part of Dusk as well xD

• Like 1

If I can find the trilogy of games at a decent enough price, I'll have no reason to not play all three titles, don't you worry! ;-) 

Oh is that so? I'll be fine though, surely. I merely want to dip my feet into the pool and if the temperature is just right, I'll jump in! Splash! 

Wow how have i not heard of this sooner?....

Anyways, super excited because

1. Logy-wogy is back :holy:
  2. Lolis everywhere.
  3. Pamela FTW, i missed her <3

and finally.....i'm honored by this...finally....finalllllllyyyyyyyyy a shota in the atelier series (excluding male Hom and Chim) that actually has a role :awesome:

Def going to add to my collection when it is released, still debating if #TeamPS4Lolis or #TeamVita-tanLolis.....

Edited by YaoiGod
  • Like 1

Oh is that so? I'll be fine though, surely. I merely want to dip my feet into the pool and if the temperature is just right, I'll jump in! Splash! 

Yea, Logy is there and Sophie goes timeline-wise concurrently with Shallie but you will probably not need knowledge from Dusk to play Sophie =)

• Like 1

I just published my review for this: http://videochums.com/review/atelier-sophie-the-alchemist-of-the-mysterious-book

It was hard for me to contain my excitement before the review embargo was over but I'm very happy to say that this is my favourite of the series so far!  :D

8.9/10 for those who just want the score  B)

Too bad you reviewed PS4 copy, I would have loved to see how it plays on Vita =)

Btw, unintuitive tasks? You mean you don't know what to do to clear them?

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

There isn't 'click on this to create necessary compounds' this time? =D

Not necessarily but there is a shortcut to create needed materials. The new puzzle-style alchemy system doesn't just let you make stuff by pushing a button because you have to fit the ingredients together yourself.

Not necessarily but there is a shortcut to create needed materials. The new puzzle-style alchemy system doesn't just let you make stuff by pushing a button because you have to fit the ingredients together yourself.

Oh yea, puzzle system, one thing I'm actually looking forward to :D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Satoshi tell me this game has missable trophies? i hear that the game is about 45-50 hours ...