Ps4 trophy support

EliteGamer1983

They do it that way so the info can't be hacked IIRC. Only temp data is saved on the console and deleted when synched.

Even so it's got to be possible to just display that local temp data when the ps4 is offline. Instead of not showing any trophies at all and throwing up an error message.

Even so it's got to be possible to just display that local temp data when the ps4 is offline. Instead of not showing any trophies at all and throwing up an error message.

It was possible to show everything if they wanted, but they are dutifully not going to on purpose. It's not going to happen, I believe.

Sorry bud, but I doubt an update like that will ever come. Keep in mind, when these consoles were being released, they were pretty much being released as "online" consoles. If you also take into fact that these consoles are now pretty much stream machines, we're talking, YouTube, Netflix, PSN, the PS Store, everything requires internet. Hell didn't the Xbox One come out as an ONLY internet required console, meaning if you bought it without internet connection is was practically a brick? 

In this day and age, everyone has internet, and everything requires some sort of internet connection, plus as Damon said, it's also a great way for the company to force us to use their product the way they want us too, as unfortunate as it is, and as great as it would be to sometimes check your trophies offline, it's a big update for a small thing, that really isn't that much good anyways. Welcome to the new age of gaming mate. :)

Sorry bud, but I doubt an update like that will ever come. Keep in mind, when these consoles were being released, they were pretty much being released as "online" consoles. If you also take into fact that these consoles are now pretty much stream machines, we're talking, YouTube, Netflix, PSN, the PS Store, everything requires internet. Hell didn't the Xbox One come out as an ONLY internet required console, meaning if you bought it without internet connection is was practically a brick? 

In this day and age, everyone has internet, and everything requires some sort of internet connection, plus as Damon said, it's also a great way for the company to force us to use their product the way they want us too, as unfortunate as it is, and as great as it would be to sometimes check your trophies offline, it's a big update for a small thing, that really isn't that much good anyways. Welcome to the new age of gaming mate. :)

For the Xbox, I believe they retracted their original idea of requiring internet to play games after customer backlash.

As well, to say that everyone has internet is a gross overstatement. A majority of people may have access to internet, but everyone definitely does not. To those who do not have internet access, I would barely call it a 'small thing' :P