Allison Road - The Spiritual Successor to P.T.

skiptracing

Oh my god, this game looks amazing. It is apparently being released on PC during Q3 2016 according to their Steam Greenlight page. You'll be able to play the game with or without an Oculus Rift. The creator, Christian Kesler, says he's in touch with PlayStation and Xbox to see if his team can bring Allison Road to PS4 and Xbox One. You can check out their Facebook page for updates on the game.

This is what we should be supporting, why ain't we supporting this? The quality, the presentation and just everything is just so beautiful. Also in talks into bringing it to Xbox One and PS4? I honestly thought this gen was a piece of crap but developers like this give me hope.

Looks good, but Silent Hills was anticipated due to it's all star team behind it, without Kojima, Del Toro etc, it kind of boils down into just another indie horror game. Alot of what made P.T a good horror game seems to be being reused here, except the catch is after these ideas will eventually run out, and we'll see what horror game Allison Road truly is when it is no longer inside P.T's shadow.

You will take on the role of the unnamed protagonist who wakes up one day without ANY recollection of prior events. Over the course of five nights, it is your objective to uncover the whereabouts of your family, unravel the mysteries of the house, and face off against [dark entities] that are nested deep within the house, while the clock is relentlessly ticking towards 3:00am. 

What would you do if you could feel something stalking you in the dark in the safety of your own home?

If you couldn’t tell what’s real and what’s not? 

I'm sorry, but that is really grinding my gears. It sounds to me that she/he doesn't know shit about shit, so how does the person knows that it's her/his house?

I'm feeling I might be too nitpicking here, but still...

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 1

Does this have members of the dev team who were making PT making this game? Usually a spiritual successor has members of the original dev team behind it.

I'm sorry, but that is really grinding my gears. It sounds to me that she/he doesn't know shit about shit, so how does the person knows that it's her/his house?

I'm feeling I might be too nitpicking here, but still...

I'd say you're being nitpick. it says prior events. The person could've remembered their entire life except for the "prior events". Think of it as getting drunk, The person had no idea what happened last night.

• Like 1

Does this have members of the dev team who were making PT making this game? Usually a spiritual successor has members of the original dev team behind it.

Doesn't seem like it, just a lone developer originally... clearly inspired by P.T... though the team behind this one is supposedly up to like 6 individuals now.  I don't think they are calling it a spiritual successor though, for what it's worth.  It's just a tag the unruly masses have given the game.

Loving the P.T vibes from this.  Would be great if this ragtag team of indie developers could really capture the atmosphere of it and make something worth playing.  That being said... I have a big problem with the protagonist talking/commenting on what's happening.  The sound/audio is going to be critical to giving off the right feeling, and P.T had it 100% perfect.  This one concerns me a bit.

I also don't really care for the Gone Home-esque "hey lets pick up a bunch of objects, spin them around and figure out what's going on" style of gameplay.  That's another thing P.T did very well in it's short runtime... the little story there was, was told through appropriately creepy methods (ie. radio messages, brief video-less narrative segments, etc).

The unfortunate thing, like I'm doing right now... people will have some pretty lofty expectations if it's trying in any way to be like P.T, and even loftier criticisms.  Hope they can figure it out.

EDIT: Also interested to see if they start up the Kickstarter for it.  If there's a physical release on the PS4 in play, I may just throw a few bucks at it.

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

Doesn't seem like it, just a lone developer originally... clearly inspired by P.T... though the team behind this one is supposedly up to like 6 individuals now.  I don't think they are calling it a spiritual successor though, for what it's worth.  It's just a tag the unruly masses have given the game.

Loving the P.T vibes from this.  Would be great if this ragtag team of indie developers could really capture the atmosphere of it and make something worth playing.  That being said... I have a big problem with the protagonist talking/commenting on what's happening.  The sound/audio is going to be critical to giving off the right feeling, and P.T had it 100% perfect.  This one concerns me a bit.

I also don't really care for the Gone Home-esque "hey lets pick up a bunch of objects, spin them around and figure out what's going on" style of gameplay.  That's another thing P.T did very well in it's short runtime... the little story there was, was told through appropriately creepy methods (ie. radio messages, brief video-less narrative segments, etc).

The unfortunate thing, like I'm doing right now... people will have some pretty lofty expectations if it's trying in any way to be like P.T, and even loftier criticisms.  Hope they can figure it out.

EDIT: Also interested to see if they start up the Kickstarter for it.  If there's a physical release on the PS4 in play, I may just throw a few bucks at it.

This. The talking totally threw me off the vibe, and it wasn't really needed. And I think they are going to be putting up a Kickstarter soon, saw it somewhere on their Facebook page.