Destiny, just started no idea what I'm doing, what do I need to do

AffectatiousDonk

Hey all,

So after having bought destiny a few months ago finally time to crack it open, I have no idea what I'm doing so what should I know going in, ( I have sent a request to join psnprofiles clan .... If they are still recruiting )

Thanks in advance

Just play the game to start out. You don't really need any direction until you get to level 20. Once you reach 20, you should focus on earning enough vanguard and crucible marks (in-game currency) to buy legendary armor and weapons. I'd say level 30 is a good place to start doing raids as you'll be able to do both. The weekly reset is every Tuesday at 2:00 am PDT. After that point, you'll be able to do weekly activities and be able to get rewards. You'll only be able to get rewards once per character per week which is why many people choose to have three. You'll need one of each class anyway if you're going for the plat.

End game content depends largely on whether or not you have the expansions as you may be locked out of some weekly events.

You may want to make a post in PSNP's Official Destiny boosting thread. The boosting thread at .org has more people posting in it though. There's also Destiny LFG. It's more for finding temporary partners for weekly events, but it can be used to find people for just about everything Destiny related. I've used it quite a few times and I've been able to make some good friends through it.

On a last note, Destiny can be very repetitive. You'll be doing a lot of things many times over and over again on your way to the plat. That grind is what kills it for most people. What most of them don't understand is that Destiny is meant to be played with others. It's a very social game. If you don't already have friends playing Destiny, you need to make some and play everything co-op (pvp and pve). Avoid playing solo if possible and you'll have a much better time.

• Like 2

PSNP clan is pretty much dead by this point.

You don't really need to know anything going into Destiny, just play the story and do some strike missions/bounties alongside. Then do it all over again a billion times to get better loot. Then find a group of people to play the raid with. The game explains itself to you pretty well really.

• Like 2

There's also Destiny LFG. It's more for finding temporary partners for weekly events, but it can be used to find people for just about everything Destiny related. I've used it quite a few times and I've been able to make some good friends through it.

I didn't know about this, thank you. Will be doing my very first raid now!

• Like 1

I didn't know about this, thank you. Will be doing my very first raid now!

I've used it a lot and, for the most part, it's a pretty good experience. You'll still find a couple idiots every now and then, but most are good people that want to get things done? Have fun with the Vault.

Btw, if you don't already know, there's also a Destiny Event timer. I've also been using Destiny Status for keeping track of Grimoire and it also tracks stats and weekly event status for all your characters.

Edited by Rowdi
  • Like 2

Another fast way to get to level 20 and upgrade you're weapons fast is to participate in the crucible, you are killing two birds with one stone with this method as you are also gaining crucible marks to buy legendary weapons and armour. Once you hit level 20 the real fun begins as that's when you can equip exotic gear.

• 4 weeks later...

Everyone probably knows but check on this too:

https://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---07232015/en/News/News?aid=13177

You will get 9 strange coins (currency for buying good stuff on weekends, you will soon understand) if you allow Bungie to send you mail. Scroll down until you see "Penny for your thoughts".