Borderlands 2 in Development

BountyHunterinc

borderlands-banner.jpg

According to Eurogamer, the second Borderlands game is in development, and we should expect a full announcement from 2K Games soon. The original Borderlands appeared on store shelves in 2009 and since then, has been widely successful. The sales prove that too, as to date, the game has sold over 4 million copies.

"A source close to the game told Eurogamer the Gearbox-developed shooter will release on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 next year."

Borderlands 2 has been getting a lot of speculation for months now, beginning in April when it was spotted on a game developer's online CV. More so, Gearbox boss Randy Pitchford told Eurogamer that they had every intention of revisiting the Borderlands franchise at some point in the future.

He stated; "I can tell you that myself and everyone at Gearbox LOVES Borderlands and we have been absolutely thrilled at the reception it's gotten from our customers and the fact that it's sold over four million units now,"

No doubt we will be hearing more from this title in the coming months.

Stay Tuned.

Source: Eurogamer

yea, theres been a lot of talk of this recently...and i realised: i hope they add modding weapons as a feature, like what Willowtree did. after you plat, modding gives the game so much more play value, and it really sucked when they stopped it on Borderlands, its what kept me playing for the most part. plus this way you can really make it a RPS by making customizing the whole gun a feature, thatd be epic

I had Borderlands on the PC for a while but was never really amazed by it. I bought it form the PSN a few weeks ago and have had a much more enjoyable experience on the console than PC. If I get Borderlands 2 I'll be skipping the PC copy and going straight to PS3.

Parker

sepcoverblfull.jpg

Gearbox Software’s co-op lootfest is back with a host of exciting changes to the first game's addictive formula.

The September issue of Game Informer contains 12 pages of exclusive details and screenshots from Borderlands 2, and outlines the numerous improvements the developer has in store for your return trip to Pandora. Don’t expect just a couple bazillion more guns this time around. Gearbox is introducing new and more diverse environments, smarter and more powerful enemies, and an improved mission system capable of delivering a better story. This and much more will be revealed in the story, as well as our full month of additional online content.

In addition to taking a look at Borderlands 2, the September issue contains an extensive roundup of the games heading to the 3DS this year, plus an in-depth look at how research and development has shaped the creation of some of your favorite era-specific games. We also take a look at the wildly popular I Am 8-Bit art show, and the history of the wildly awful Super Mario Bros. feature film. Plus, find out which holiday game GI readers are most excited about in our revealing survey. The September issue of Game Informer will start arriving in mailboxes in the next few days. In the meantime, check out the full cover below.

Source: GameInformer