Street Fighter V - Ken Reveal Trailer (New character also teased?)

He's back to being where he was in 3S, it appears.  Not bad.  Some folks really need to quit talking out of their asses.  It blows my mind how stupid they sound and how misinformed they are -_-

I can't believe oblivion called Ken a "Ryu" clone! I feel hurt and something......

His moveset is definitely improved and he looks a lot more fast-paced than in SF4. The thing is that Ken now seems to be a sort of "Rush-Down Shoto" kind of like Akuma. Don't know if this means Akuma won't be in the game since this game is focusing on making all characters unique instead of "cloney". It's very possible they might change up Akuma's moveset as well, if they do that then Capcom's got my money for sure.

As for his looks, i'm pretty sure we'll get his "Classic long hair baby face" Ken outfit from earlier SF games.

You was my favourite, how could you? 

I didn't say you were hating, i was talking about the haters that complain about his design. And regarding Ryu & Chun-Li, it's because they're classic characters and Ken is just a literal clone of Ryu. I guess clones take top priority in Capcom's eyes lol

F***, did i write this comment? I'm sorry guys. I was talking about how Ken was in SSF4, not SFV.

I'm sorry for not correcting myself there.

F***, did i write this comment? I'm sorry guys. I was talking about how Ken was in SSF4, not SFV.

I'm sorry for not correcting myself there.

I wouldn't say he's a clone in SSF4 either. His tatsu keeps opponents standing, his fireballs are slower, his fierce shoryuken does 2 hits and can be FADC'd, he has the step kick, he has his Inazuma overhead kick which can also be held down to cancel, he has kara throws which ryu can't do, etc.

Nice avatar btw lol.

Ken and Ryu and been fundamentally different since the ST, truthfully. 

I can't believe oblivion called Ken a "Ryu" clone! I feel hurt and something......

I wasn't just talking about that.....  I was talking about the generalized statements, especially when it comes to fighting games.  Frankly, when it comes to trophy sites, most folks are ignorant in the fighting game genre.

Edited by grimydawg

I wouldn't say he's a clone in SSF4 either. His tatsu keeps opponents standing, his fireballs are slower, his fierce shoryuken does 2 hits and can be FADC'd, he has the step kick, he has his Inazuma overhead kick which can also be held down to cancel, he has kara throws which ryu can't do, etc.

Nice avatar btw lol.

True, true. If it was like i said then in my words Akuma could be considered a "Ryu clone" as well. Sorry for the stupid a** comment, i'm still a lil' bit inexperienced when it comes to these things.

Also, thanks lol, i'll keep this one for a long while. Planning to play the beta? Just hope i get my code since i live in Europe and not US.

Edited by Oblivion
  • Like 1

True, true. If it was like i said then in my words Akuma could be considered a "Ryu clone" as well. Sorry for the stupid a** comment, i'm still a lil' bit inexperienced when it comes to these things.

Also, thanks lol, i'll keep this one for a long while. Planning to play the beta? Just hope i get my code since i live in Europe and not US.

Yeah I'm all set for the beta. 

It's pretty messed up that players in Europe don't get guaranteed access. Hope you get in. 

Ken and Ryu and been fundamentally different since the ST, truthfully. 

I wasn't just talking about that.....  I was talking about the generalized statements, especially when it comes to fighting games.  Frankly, when it comes to trophy sites, most folks are ignorant in the fighting game genre.

I didn't say you were hating, i was talking about the haters that complain about his design. And regarding Ryu & Chun-Li, it's because they're classic characters and Ken is just a literal clone of Ryu. I guess clones take top priority in Capcom's eyes lol

Ken was literally a clone back in the day, he's been fleshed out ever since then. I wouldn't say a whole lot, but he is definitely his own character!