Street Fighter V - Ken Reveal Trailer (New character also teased?)

Ken looks sick, they're really outdoing themselves with these new takes on everyone. It also looks like they found an announcer; just from hearing K.O! I can tell I'm going to like him.

Is that Akuma at the end? Some people are saying it's Honda or Blanka but it doesn't look like either of them to me. He looks a lot more like Akuma.

Ken looks sick, they're really outdoing themselves with these new takes on everyone. It also looks like they found an announcer; just from hearing K.O! I can tell I'm going to like him.

Is that Akuma at the end? Some people are saying it's Honda or Blanka but it doesn't look like either of them to me. He looks a lot more like Akuma.

I thinks it's new character, since the "rasta hair style"

• Like 1

Really? I think it looks more like Honda.

wKo06f5.jpg

Would be cool if its a new character, been waiting to see some fresh world warriors.

Really? I think it looks more like Honda.

wKo06f5.jpg

Would be cool if its a new character, been waiting to see some fresh world warriors.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards him being a new character as well. If it ends up being Honda or Akuma then he went through a pretty drastic redesign. 

I think that's the New...New Zealand character. Having yellow eyes isn't really normal, maybe he's a new Shadaloo member? What with Birdie being an ex-member of Shadaloo maybe this guy is his replacement?

It's not Honda.  His face paint needs more red and his eyes aren't yellow-green either.  I'm thinking it's a new character.  Capcom has given obvious clues for characters that have already been in the series, like it did with Nash and Dictator.

Edited by grimydawg

I like this redesign a fair bit. I think they've done a pretty good job at separating Ken and Ryu in every way without making it too hard to believe they practice the same discipline of fighting, mores than ever.

Also, the haters are only hating on the fact that they might be seeing a topknot and long hair. If anything, it looks like the kind of style you see in old king fu movies, which is great.

air juggle FADC V trigger for the win.

Edited by AuzzieWingman

I like this redesign a fair bit. I think they've done a pretty good job at separating Ken and Ryu in every way without making it too hard to believe they practice the same discipline of fighting, mores than ever.

Also, the haters are only hating on the fact that they might be seeing a topknot and long hair. If anything, it looks like the kind of style you see in old king fu movies, which is great.

air juggle FADC V trigger for the win.

There's no focus attack.  Thankfully there isn't.  Less noobs will be around....

The new guy is a Rolento - Blanka hybrid, because he looks like he's a nightmare.

There's no focus attack. Thankfully there isn't. Less noobs will be around....

I didn't say it was a FADC, his V trigger is practically a FADC and seems to blast airborne opponents back into the air for more hits.

Meh, the haters can hate all they want i like Ken the way he looks now, his design in SF4 was so "bleh".

I wasn't hating, but I prefer his classic look. Nobody complains about Ryu or Chun-Li not getting a new design.

Edited by Xugashi

I wasn't hating, but I prefer his classic look. Nobody complains about Ryu or Chun-Li not getting a new design.

I didn't say you were hating, i was talking about the haters that complain about his design. And regarding Ryu & Chun-Li, it's because they're classic characters and Ken is just a literal clone of Ryu. I guess clones take top priority in Capcom's eyes lol

• Like 1

First and most importantly his new moveset looks a lot of fun and i'm really happy about that.

In terms of his new look I think its better than his SF4 look, but I always preferred his look in SFA3, although it looks like he has the same super from that so i'm very happy.

First and most importantly his new moveset looks a lot of fun and i'm really happy about that.

In terms of his new look I think its better than his SF4 look, but I always preferred his look in SFA3, although it looks like he has the same super from that so i'm very happy.

His moveset is definitely improved and he looks a lot more fast-paced than in SF4. The thing is that Ken now seems to be a sort of "Rush-Down Shoto" kind of like Akuma. Don't know if this means Akuma won't be in the game since this game is focusing on making all characters unique instead of "cloney". It's very possible they might change up Akuma's moveset as well, if they do that then Capcom's got my money for sure.

As for his looks, i'm pretty sure we'll get his "Classic long hair baby face" Ken outfit from earlier SF games.