How can you check if a game needs WiFi to play?

AnRoDr

Last time I took my VITA on a trip I wanted to play Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD, but the game refused to start up without an internet connection? Either I'm doing something wrong or there are some games out there that need to be connected to PSN before you're able to play.

Did some searching, but can't seem to find a list of these games or how to get games like that to work offline ....

Don't they just need it for leaderboards? So disabling leaderboards updates or something should fix it?

I never experienced any game that would require online connection (sasuga J-games :awesome:)... I experienced wi-fi shut downs because of the game, though.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

I don't think any Vita game needs wifi connection. They're all playable offline.

Last time I took my VITA on a trip I wanted to play Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD, but the game refused to start up without an internet connection

You're doing something wrong :P I'm 100% sure that I played this offline. Maybe you've got the game from PS+? IIRC when your subscription expires after you renew it you must log onto PSN once to get your old PS+ games working.

Edited by Rollers23
  • Like 2

yeah it was a PS+ game, but I never "lost" my subscription

jeah but when you are offline the system dont know if you renewed your sub . Every game has a "expire Date" , after that it checks if you still have ps+ sub .  but if you cant log in to online the game dont know if you still ps+ .     its just bad timing i think.

• Like 1

I don't think any Vita game needs wifi connection. They're all playable offline.

Well, Ecolibrium and the now defunct Destiny of Spirits would disagree with you...

I don't know of others off the top of my head, everything else I own is playable offline.

Last time I took my VITA on a trip I wanted to play Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD, but the game refused to start up without an internet connection?

I think this was a fluke as suggested above. Vita was likely trying to connect to verify sub, couldn't so it didn't start the game. Another bummer about digital games...

• Like 1

Well, Ecolibrium and the now defunct Destiny of Spirits would disagree with you...

I don't know of others off the top of my head, everything else I own is playable offline.

I think this was a fluke as suggested above. Vita was likely trying to connect to verify sub, couldn't so it didn't start the game. Another bummer about digital games...

Ecolibrium has an offline mode IIRC. You can also pause your animals to i think.

It was a PS+, huh...? Can you try to disable your wi-fi connection when you are home and try running the game?

It's fairly possible that Vita needs to check your PS+ subscription prior to starting the game which obviously needs internet connection.

Oh gee, so complicated... been a while since I played something from plus =D

• Like 1

At home it runs without problem. So when I start the game up once just before leaving on a trip all should be well? Then it should work or at least until it needs to check my subscription again ... 

I'll give it a try!