Japanese PSN

HKelly91

I have a EU PSN however want to create a Japanese PSN so I can expand my gaming experience and trophy list.

I know I can buy cards via play asia if I want to buy stuff from the psn

How do I do this and I want to play Japanese games where do I start.

As for games you should get, that entirely depends on what you want.  If you just want Japanese games to play for story/gameplay etc., there's a hell of a lot.  If you just want quick trophies, then look into the following:

• SIMPLE500リーズ Vol.2 THE 密室からの脱出 (1~2 hour 100%)
  • SIMPLE500リーズ Vol.3 THE 密室からの脱出 ~月夜のマンション編~ (1~2 hour 100%)
  • Vividred Operation - Akane to Mayo tto Operation! (10 minute 100%)
  • iDOLM@STER Gravure for You! Vol. 1-9 (10 minute 100%s each)
  • Cyber Troopers Virtual On (5-10 minute 100%)
  • Virtua Striker (30 minute 100%)
  • Dream Club Host Girls On-Stage (30 minute 100%)

Dream Club is on PS4, the rest are PS3.

Edited by Kashiyuka

As for games you should get, that entirely depends on what you want.  If you just want Japanese games to play for story/gameplay etc., there's a hell of a lot.  If you just want quick trophies, then look into the following:

• SIMPLE500リーズ Vol.2 THE 密室からの脱出 (1~2 hour 100%)
  • SIMPLE500リーズ Vol.3 THE 密室からの脱出 ~月夜のマンション編~ (1~2 hour 100%)
  • Vividred Operation - Akane to Mayo tto Operation! (10 minute 100%)
  • iDOLM@STER Gravure for You! Vol. 1-9 (10 minute 100%s each)
  • Cyber Troopers Virtual On (5-10 minute 100%)
  • Virtua Striker (30 minute 100%)
  • Dream Club Host Girls On-Stage (30 minute 100%)

Dream Club is on PS4, the rest are PS3.

I'm looking for story/gameplay as well I trophy hunt but I'm not that bad just looking for quick/easy trophies. I want the game to be in japnese with english subtitles. My games genres are universal so could you give me around as many as possible I have PS3 and PS4.

I'm looking for story/gameplay as well I trophy hunt but I'm not that bad just looking for quick/easy trophies. I want the game to be in japnese with english subtitles. My games genres are universal so could you give me around as many as possible I have PS3 and PS4.

Well if you're looking for story games with English subtitles there's... none, to be honest.  They have no need to supply English subtitles since the vast majority of people buying the games would be Japanese speakers.  Only game I can think of off the top of my head with English subtitles is Red Seeds Profile, but that's already localised as Deadly Premonition. :(  Sorry. 

Well if you're looking for story games with English subtitles there's... none, to be honest.  They have no need to supply English subtitles since the vast majority of people buying the games would be Japanese speakers.  Only game I can think of off the top of my head with English subtitles is Red Seeds Profile, but that's already localised as Deadly Premonition. :(  Sorry. 

Ok :) Well I've always wanted to learn japanese, I don't mind there being no subtitles. Could you recomend some titles I could play for PS3 or PS4 just look at my psn trophies I universal when it comes to games so give me some places to start. I really want to start playing japanese games

Edited by HKelly91

Ok :) Well I've always wanted to learn japanese, I don't mind there being no subtitles. Could you recomend some titles I could play for PS3 or PS4 just look at my psn trophies I universal when it comes to games so give me some places to start. I really want to start playing japanese games

Hmm well there's quite a few then, and if you're up for any genre it'd probably be best just to have a gander yourself and see what tickles your fancy.  :)  But from what I know...

• Those two SIMPLE500 games I mentioned, easy trophies aside, are actually pretty solid puzzle games and are worth the small asking price.  For the short time they lasted I had a lot of fun playing them.
  • Yakuza 1/2 HD (or Ryuu ga Gotoku as it's called in Japan) is less than 2k yen and that's two platinums in one.  Though the Japanese is apparently kind of demanding being a Yakuza game, at least story-wise.  I think that price is only part of a sale though so if you want it grab it soon, it's a pretty good deal.
  • If you haven't played Rogue Legacy yet the Japanese version has its own trophy list.  Might be good to ease yourself into the games with a western game in Japanese.
  • Under Defeat HD has a separate Japanese trophy list and is apparently pretty easy, I know someone who double-platted it.
  • There's dozens of Arcade Archive games scattered across the PSN store, some localised and some not, they all have pretty standard (easy) trophy lists and that aside are just classic games, might be a good beginner spot.
  • All the other games I mentioned in that previous post (bar maybe Mayonnaise with Akane) are pretty solid games to invest in on their own.

Anything else is going close to RRP which is pretty pricey in Japan (4,000+ yen).  Unfortunately I can't speak for too many PS4 games as I've barely touched any of them yet haha, sorry.  There are a few PSN games for PS4 though, I just can't vouch from personal experience or anything.  Hope what I gave helps a bit though :)

Then you don't really need Japanese account.

If you want this, just pick up non-Atlus localized games =) 

For everything else, there's Yuki-chan :P

I also want games that I wouldn't get on the european store so I m going to look at importing games and if I figure out how to navigate the japanese store download some psn ones

I have a japanese account now

I'm looking for japanese exclusives only available on the JPN PSN Store however I want the game to be decent

I also want games that I wouldn't get on the european store so I m going to look at importing games and if I figure out how to navigate the japanese store download some psn ones

I have a japanese account now

I'm looking for japanese exclusives only available on the JPN PSN Store however I want the game to be decent

Theeen... that's gonna occupy you for a while =D

As for navigation... it's mostly in katakana so you shouldn't have that much of a problem if you know some.

Also, if you are looking for the free games, they will not have price but 2 ugly square-like thingies =D 

If you find such a game, it's free =)

You don't need a Japanese account to play Jap games, just import them.. If it's japanese you wanna learn your better to learn it properly rather than relying on the games. Take a look at my profile and you will see what i mean. 

Edited by EternalChaos72