Firmware: Calendar App incoming?

StrickenBiged

Looks like we might be able to schedule gaming sessions in our PS4's soon.

Take a close look at the second image for the Journey Theme on the PSN Store website. See that little App in between your friends and messages apps. Looks like a calendar, doesn't it?

Personally, I'm hoping that we will be able to schedule gaming sessions with our friends, as a lot of mine don't use sites like this. 

A nice addition might be some sort of time-keeping function. If it logged how long you played each game, it'd make estimating the "amount of time taken to platinum" much easier.

What do you guys and gals think?

P.S. Thanks to PushSquare for the tip off. Just thought I'd share. ;0)

Edited by StrickenBiged
  • Like 1

Pretty sure it's just a generic and basic calendar app like on the Vita and practically every other electronic device in the observable universe.

I dunno. The way the image shows 5 flags beside the app certainly suggests that you'd be able to set up appointments.

Based on the fact that the guys at Sony have said that they want to make everything on the PS4's dashboard as new and useful as possible when they roll it out (hence why they haven't yet added notifications when your friends come online - they said they wanted to make it different from the way it worked on PS3 and more functional) I do expect the calendar app to have some features which are aimed at gaming specifically. 

Knowing that I have to see my doctor next week, etc, would make this a very useless app for me. 

I dunno. The way the image shows 5 flags beside the app certainly suggests that you'd be able to set up appointments.

Based on the fact that the guys at Sony have said that they want to make everything on the PS4's dashboard as new and useful as possible when they roll it out (hence why they haven't yet added notifications when your friends come online - they said they wanted to make it different from the way it worked on PS3 and more functional) I do expect the calendar app to have some features which are aimed at gaming specifically. 

Knowing that I have to see my doctor next week, etc, would make this a very useless app for me. 

I sincerely think you're expecting more out of this than what we'll probably get.

I sincerely think you're expecting more out of this than what we'll probably get.

I'm only going off what they've said. Overall, the PS4's UI is much better than the PS3's (where, for example, I still can't figure out how to set up a party or chat with online friends) so I think an element of trust in them is justified. 

I'm only going off what they've said. Overall, the PS4's UI is much better than the PS3's (where, for example, I still can't figure out how to set up a party or chat with online friends) so I think an element of trust in them is justified.

You can't party chat on the ps3 much to our dismay.

Disagree. The interface is shit and stuffed full with social nonsense

Xbox does a better job at this

You can't party chat on the ps3 much to our dismay.

Oh. That explains that then.

Disagree. The interface is shit and stuffed full with social nonsense

Xbox does a better job at this

Agreed that XBox 360 did a better job. Haven't tried the XBone's UI. But there is a simplicity to the PS4's 2 row UI that I like. Horses for courses I think.

Maybe so, but if it turns out not to be I can just imagine how hilarious it will be to be the first person ever to be excited over the release of a basic calendar app. :P

Lol. I wouldn't say I was excited. Just that, if it does the things I think it might, it'd be pretty cool.