End of an Era

DanielVT

I know this is a tad bit early, but I am very sad to hear about the PS4 arriving potentially at the end of next year. The PS1 and PS2 were my early-to mid childhood systems, and the PS3 was my console through my teenage years. The PS4 will be my console at the beginning of my adult years. By the time the PS5 comes out I will most likely be married and possibly have a kid or two and will have graduated from law school etc. The PS brand has been with me since I was a baby (even though I did not play it then lol). Basically the PS has grown up with me, and I am sad yet in way excited to both the PS's future as a console lineage and my personal future matur/evolve. Am I the only one who feels thit way? If you can relate in any way, sound off below by all means! :)

This seems a little premature. Not only does it sound like it's still a year and a half away but I'm not even sure how legitimate that is (you didn't provide a source).

Either way... it's been a good run?

I already said it was premature, and also I never flat out said it was coming out next year, as I said POTENTIALLY. :D I just am going off of the general consensus of the gazillion analysts (which I know is speculation.) Still just the thought makes me sad, and yes, it has most certainly be a phenomenal run, and may it continue as long as possible. I was happy Sony kept up its MASSIVE support of the PS3 during their press conference. IMO they flat out demolished Microsoft's pitiful showing.

I still think the PS3 has a hell of a lot more life left in it. The games being released at the moment are of a very high quality and developers are figuring out how to get more and more out of the system. I would say there is at least 5 more quality years in the PS3 and a PS4 released before that time would be premature.

• Like 2

I still think the PS3 has a hell of a lot more life left in it. The games being released at the moment are of a very high quality and developers are figuring out how to get more and more out of the system. I would say there is at least 5 more quality years in the PS3 and a PS4 released before that time would be premature.

I agree with this 100% although I feel that Sony will have a premature PS4 release.

• Like 1

The PS3 still has quite a few mores years left in her. Hell, when the PlayStation 3 was released Sony was still releasing tons of games for the PS2 so I see no reason why the same won't happen next generation. I've been nothing but pleased with the PS3 and the only thing I hope they change about the PS4 (other than the obvious better hardware and such) is the release price. I was more than happy to spend $599 on my launch 60gb PS3 but I hope Sony launch the PS4 at a lower price to help it kick off so it won't have the slow start the PS3 did. Other than that if it's business as usual I'll be a happy gamer.

Parker

I know this is a tad bit early, but I am very sad to hear about the PS4 arriving potentially at the end of next year. The PS1 and PS2 were my early-to mid childhood systems, and the PS3 was my console through my teenage years. The PS4 will be my console at the beginning of my adult years. By the time the PS5 comes out I will most likely be married and possibly have a kid or two and will have graduated from law school etc. The PS brand has been with me since I was a baby (even though I did not play it then lol). Basically the PS has grown up with me, and I am sad yet in way excited to both the PS's future as a console lineage and my personal future matur/evolve. Am I the only one who feels thit way? If you can relate in any way, sound off below by all means! :)

Technology marches on. My first console was a PS1, and I still play PS1 and PS2 games, they make me feel warm and fuzzy with nostalgia. Nothing changes, we just have newer, shinier things to add to the collection of things we already have - it's a win-win really.

• Like 1