Random single beep from PS4.

Haysi_Fantayzee

Last night whilst just sitting on the dashboard my PS4 made a random single beep (its the same tone as when you eject a disc).

I have so far re-built the database and also I have no new hard drive added, my PS4 is as it came.

Anyone seen anything or know anything about this please? google does not offer much for my single beep.

Edit: It 100% was from the PS4 not somewhere else, my game room is mostly empty.

Edited by Haysi_Fantayzee

I get that too from time to time. No idea what its for or why. I have installed a 2TB HDD, so for a while thought it was something to do with the read/write laser switching from one platter to another too quickly... but if you're hearing the noise too then that can't be it! I have had the sound twice, both times during gameplay.

Sooo, if anyone else does know what's going on I'd be interested too. 

AFAIK it hasn't impacted on or disturbed the PS4's performance in any way. 

Last night whilst just sitting on the dashboard my PS4 made a random single beep (its the same tone as when you eject a disc).

I have so far re-built the database and also I have no new hard drive added, my PS4 is as it came.

Anyone seen anything or know anything about this please? google does not offer much for my single beep.

Edit: It 100% was from the PS4 not somewhere else, my game room is mostly empty.

Are you talking about the unexpected disk eject (even if it doesn't have the disk) I am the one discussing this the most and I sent PS4 by warranty.

I get it too. An occasional very loud beep at random times. Don't know why, though. I've never used a disc with my PS4, so I don't know if it's the same noise as that. The PS4 also makes a quiet beeping noise more regularly as well, even in stand by mode.

Are you talking about the unexpected disk eject (even if it doesn't have the disk) I am the one discussing this the most and I sent PS4 by warranty.

Not sure about that sorry?

I should add that sometimes the PS4 beeps 3 times when I turn it off via the game pad, I think 3 beeps was supposed to be something to do with a disc eject error? (I often leave discs in when I shut down).