Sword Art Online Fan Thread

Im2Fast_4U

I've watched all of SAO and SAO2 that has been released in dub so far, and I have a few thoughts;

Kirito and Asuna are the canon couple. And I think they work at their relationship, both in and out of game. Part of the evidence that makes that strong is when they found out about the added floors (during the second arc of SAO2) when they got their old cabin back.

Klein, despite what you all say about his character, is useful as something; Comic relief. I mean, who else but him could fall for 2 women in the space of a single mini-arc, and only get a hammer and a smile?

The remainder of the women are support cast in some way. Just appreciate that.

What I want to see (even in an OVA) is the infamous fight between Kirito and Harayuki. That would be worth price of admission alone...

Edited by dmann

Finished season 2 of SAO. GGO seemed like a spin off anime because Kirito used that girly avatar and Sinon was the female protagonist. While there were a few funny moments, I would've prefered if the reason was given as to why Kirito used that avatar. During the GGO arc it felt like I was watching an anime version of Star Wars o_0. I actually liked the 3 Excalibur filler episodes more than the GGO arc. Mother's Rosarie was ok too, Asuna got a big part in that arc. I'm hoping season 3 will bring back the feeling from the Aincrad arc and put both Kirito and Asuna in the lead again. Anyone got an idea when season 3 might start?

• Like 1

Anyone got an idea when season 3 might start?

Satoshi mentioned it earlier ->

That's also one reason why I like Alicization, because Asuna isn't ever-present (yea, you guys may not like S3 because of that  :) Btw, talking about S3, I actually read it could be Winter 2016 or Summer 2016 o.O)

I started watching the show as it was released, got impatient, and read all the novels (fan translations ftw). I highly suggest to anyone who watched the anime to read them, as they add a fresh perpective and quite a bit of details. Also, well, if you want to know what happens next but are too impatient to wait for Season 3...

If requested I'll link the translations...

Edited by ElfenSky

I started watching the show as it was released, got impatient, and read all the novels (fan translations ftw). I highly suggest to anyone who watched the anime to read them, as they add a fresh perpective and quite a bit of details. Also, well, if you want to know what happens next but are too impatient to wait for Season 3...

If requested I'll link the translations...

Don't encourage them =D

They will realize how awesome UW is and forget liking Asuna :DDDD

• Like 1

I haven't read it yet but if they allowed Kirito to use DW, Haruyuki has no chance.

Maybe, but it depends on what powers they allow on both sides.

I'm watching log horizon right now, accel world after. If you guys say some spoilers about the MC of Accel world please put spoiler tags for my sake xD

Or use the spoiler thing.

I don't think we'll be talking about Accel World here  xD

Even though yeah... And yeah... And yeah... And YEAH...

Well seeing that I am only on episode 13 I really can't get into the conversations as much as yall, but I can say that I am loving the show so far.  I really feel like if hardcore gamers got trapped in a world like that,  they would adapt and fight for their new lives.  Hell probably more than they do now ( know I'm in that boat).  I really enjoy the love story between Kirito and Asuna, and think that it's awesome that they found someone to care for and love in their situations.

• Like 1

Yeah summer 2016 and winter 2016 are so far away T_T.

Winter 2016 anime cour == Winter 2015 calendar-wise :D

Anime winter cours use the year they end at.

Since winter cours go from December to February, they end at year+1 they start :D

So if it's Winter 2016, it would be in December :D

in the next few arcs?

There's only one big arc, though =D Everything from volume 9 to the most recent (16) is Alicization/Underworld arc.

That also means that there's 95% chance S3 won't adapt the whole Alicization.

I take it Asuna goes back to being a secondary character

Well... I can't really say yea =D She isn't even secondary :D She and the other girls are almost non-existing :D

It's expected though, considering the setting and Kirito-kun.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Winter 2016 anime cour == Winter 2015 calendar-wise :D

Anime winter cours use the year they end at.

Since winter cours go from December to February, they end at year+1 they start :D

So if it's Winter 2016, it would be in December :D

There's only one big arc, though =D Everything from volume 9 to the most recent (16) is Alicization/Underworld arc.

That also means that there's 95% chance S3 won't adapt the whole Alicization.

Well... I can't really say yea =D She isn't even secondary :D She and the other girls are almost non-existing :D

It's expected though, considering the setting and Kirito-kun.

Oh ok, I didn't know that. Winter 2016 wouldn't be that bad.

Wow that sure is a long arc :D, here's hoping the anime won't rush it. Is it the final arc in the story?

NOOOO noooo-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862514

• Like 1

Considering there's no end in sight, no one knows :D

It will probably depend on how Alicization ends...

Here's hoping Alicization can bring back the feel from Aincrad. It would be great if SAO Progressive got an anime too.

Don't encourage them =D

They will realize how awesome UW is and forget liking Asuna :DDDD

NEVER!!!

SAO is great, but I liked the first season more than the second one, maybe because was something "new"... but I liked the first arc in season 2 as well, but the second arcs in both seasons are quite just to complete number of episodes and appeal more to sentimental emotions, this is my opinion xD

SAO S1 = 10
SAO S2 = 9

• 1 month later...

Can I say... the end of Mother's Rosario was so not okay. It was good, but it was that fitting ending that sucks in every way. If that makes sense. Yuuki was such a great character, I wish something other than death would've met her. Totally not cool. I liked Yuuki.