Official Steins;Gate Discussion Thread

NotAFoxAnymore

Steins;Gate Poll  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who are your favourite characters?

• Okabe Rintarou/Hououin Kyouma
    • Shiina Mayuri/Mayushii☆
    • Hashida Itaru/Daru
    • Makise Kurisu/Assistant
    • Kiryuu Moeka/Shining Finger
    • Urushibara Ruka/Rukako
    • Faris NyanNyan/Feris-tan
    • Amane Suzuha/Part-Time Warrior
    • Tennouji Yuugo/Mister Braun
    • Tennouji Nae/Chipmunk
    • Other
  2. 2. Which version of the main story do you prefer?

• Visual Novel
    • Anime
    • n/a
    • Manga (Sorry for the weird ordering of choices)

• 4 weeks later...

Steins-Gate-0_2015_11-27-15_009.jpg

This screenshot looks a lot like what happened in the Steins Gate timeline. Looks similar to what happened after Okabe killed Kurisu. I guess it could be the timeline of Steins;Gate 0 (though they already pretty much said that this was the timeline for it.) I'm gonna predict that the game will end with you sending the Dmail to turn on the TV.

This screenshot looks a lot like what happened in the Steins Gate timeline. Looks similar to what happened after Okabe killed Kurisu. I guess it could be the timeline of Steins;Gate 0 (though they already pretty much said that this was the timeline for it.) I'm gonna predict that the game will end with you sending the Dmail to turn on the TV.

Yeah that wouldn't surprise me. I would assume that screenshot is at the start of the game, since Mayuri is still in the outfit from the first game.

Doesn't mean much to me cause I don't know Japanese but the trophies are up - http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4134-STEINS;GATE-0

Can anyone say how they are? Looks like your standard VN stuff

Seems to be almost identical to S;G just without the collectibles.

Chapter trophies + galleries openings and CG/Tips collecting.

• Like 1

Remember that manga I mentioned a while back? I got volume 1 today :D

kbdjYMP.jpg

I had a flick through and it follows the same story as the anime and main VN, and from a bit of researching I believe it's split into 3 volumes. (Which makes me worry it's gonna be rushed). Also the art style is a little...off imo

puie3Q0.jpg

Sorry for the blurry photo.

I'm still looking forward to it regardless! According to Amazon, Volume 1 is out now, 2 on December 17th, and Volume 3 on 31st March which may be a placeholder. Regardless, Amazon hasn't been very reliable in terms of the release dates for this

Remember that manga I mentioned a while back? I got volume 1 today :DkbdjYMP.jpg

I had a flick through and it follows the same story as the anime and main VN, and from a bit of researching I believe it's split into 3 volumes. (Which makes me worry it's gonna be rushed). Also the art style is a little...off imo puie3Q0.jpg

Sorry for the blurry photo.

I'm still looking forward to it regardless! According to Amazon, Volume 1 is out now, 2 on December 17th, and Volume 3 on 31st March which may be a placeholder. Regardless, Amazon hasn't been very reliable in terms of the release dates for this

Looks cool, but like you said, the artstyle is kinda off. Is that Kurisu in the second page?

Edited by NullRay85

Well I finished volume 1 and I'm very disappointed. I've already addressed my problems with the art style, but also the pacing is weird, it moves way too fast through the story (3 volumes definitely isn't enough) and some bits are just missing. its possible that the manga won't follow the true ending, because all the set up to that ending seen at the start of the story (the stuff in the spoiler below) is missing. There's also no rivalry between Suzuha and Kurisu, Mister Braun isn't even in this volume (I would hope he's in it later) and a whole bunch of other stuff. There's also bits that don't really make sense and times when characters will say things that if you know about them you'd know that's not something they would say. I also noticed a few spelling and grammar mistakes and considerably less humour and references.

Overall...if you're a huge fan of Steins;Gate like me, maybe pick it up and see how it is. But if you haven't seen anything Steins;Gate before, PLEASE DONT read this as your first experience. You will enjoy it infinitely more if you either play the VN or watch the anime. The best thing about this is the cover art.

Set up stuff that's missing

No metal upa scene (actually no mentions of Upa, Gero Froggy, or Alpacaman), no scene where the satellite lands normally on the roof, and no video of static