Official Steins;Gate Discussion Thread

NotAFoxAnymore

Steins;Gate Poll  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who are your favourite characters?

• Okabe Rintarou/Hououin Kyouma
    • Shiina Mayuri/Mayushii☆
    • Hashida Itaru/Daru
    • Makise Kurisu/Assistant
    • Kiryuu Moeka/Shining Finger
    • Urushibara Ruka/Rukako
    • Faris NyanNyan/Feris-tan
    • Amane Suzuha/Part-Time Warrior
    • Tennouji Yuugo/Mister Braun
    • Tennouji Nae/Chipmunk
    • Other
  2. 2. Which version of the main story do you prefer?

• Visual Novel
    • Anime
    • n/a
    • Manga (Sorry for the weird ordering of choices)

I'd probably end up doing what Okarin did. I'd relive it over and over until I drove myself mad. This isn't just because of my pro-harem stance. Kurisu is so smart and funny and Mayushii is so innocent and caring. If I had to choose, I'd reverse the decisions to reverse the others' dmails so that everyone didn't have to give up their most important thing while Kurisu lived and Mayushii died. I wouldn't be able to stand it if everyone gave up their things with the intent of saving Mayushii and then not save her. Saving Mayushii isn't an option if they both can't be saved. It would be selfish to save her after everyone gave up their happiness (and in kurisu's case, her life) just to save your oldest friend. At least this way, everyone but Okarin and Mayushii gets to have what they desire most. It's not a happy ending for me, but at least the others would be able to find their happiness.

What Tom said is exactly how I felt after getting Mayushii's end in the VN...

Even though I think Kurisu is better for Okabe, I'd be wrecked if I had to choose between them. I hate to say it, but I'd rationally think it through and think:"Mayushii's life doesn't weigh up to everything else that's lost" :S

You just can't make the choice without leaving a sour taste.

Edited by Vivify-King

What Tom said is exactly how I felt after getting Mayushii's end in the VN...

Even though I think Kurisu is better for Okabe, I'd be wrecked if I had to choose between them. I hate to say it, but I'd rationally think it through and think:"Mayushii's life doesn't weigh up to everything else that's lost" :S

You just can't make the choice without leaving a sour taste.

It's literally an impossible decision, I don't think anyone could rationally get through it >.<

Haka = Hacka

Hakkaa = Hacker

Daru (actually first wrote his future name, tehe~) said it himself, Haka jya nakute, Hakkaaa!

Actually, I would probably do something like in Omega worldline.

still don't get the difference :3

eh? you mean you will follow Faris End?

Come to think of it, that isn't actually such a bad option to settle with...

true.. after a moment of thinking after reading Satoshi-sama's post...

it seems to be the most easiest way out... the only bad thing I could think of it is you will sacrifice your long time friendship with Mayushii and others + love for Christina...

it seems to be the most easiest way out... the only bad thing I could think of it is you will sacrifice your long time friendship with Mayushii and others + love for Christina...

Faris's ending does seem to have the least consequence, especially since you will still see your friends in the world.

True, but

At least they're all safe and I think I could slowly fall for Rumiho (If I were Okabe alright, not myself) if she'd have more of those dere moments

I can't believe this thread is still only on page tuturu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgouXrkye20

In other news I'm gonna make my own Upa Cushion because the world would be a better place if everyone had one.

I'll time leap back and sort out this situation o.o I need an Upa Cushion too...

Edited by Makise Kurisu

So apparently an English version of the manga is releasing? I can't find anything solid online but listings for Volume 1 and 2 have appeared on Amazon with release dates and preorder links -

Volume 1: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steins-Gate-Volume-Yomi-Sarachi/dp/1927925509/ref=pd_bxgy_14_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0ZS67PBKGQR2XWRW377W

Volume 2: http://www.amazon.co.uk/books/dp/192792555X/ref=pd_bxgy_14_img_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=09PF681J6NTCSX197BA4

Apparently Volume 2 releases before 1?! Don't know what's with that...but Vol. 2 is listed as November 2015 whereas 1 is listed as January 2016. What worldline is this?! Either way I've already preordered the first one...

Apparently Volume 2 releases before 1?! Don't know what's with that...but Vol. 2 is listed as November 2015 whereas 1 is listed as January 2016. What worldline is this?! Either way I've already preordered the first one...

Perhaps they were sent as a dmail but they set the times backwards for volume 1 and volume 2?

• Like 1

Wouldn't be surprised if she was Kurisu's daughter or something :D

hmmm.. I am actually thinking more like a clone.. since according to article... Steins;Gate 0 happened in world where Christina is dead right? Or maybe team leap + World line leap is possible in Beta World Line... >_<

• Like 1

hmmm.. I am actually thinking more like a clone.. since according to article... Steins;Gate 0 happened in world where Christina is dead right? Or maybe team leap + World line leap is possible in Beta World Line... >_<

We don't know what's possible in that world line, since Okabe is able to send videos as D-Mails it shows that they must've been trying new experiments :3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What is thisssss O:

A video :awesome:

Rough translation (from google translate and then adjusting from the engrish):

みなさん、はじめまして
牧瀬紅莉栖です
私は、牧瀬紅莉栖という人物の
記憶を持つAIになります
あ、オリジナルが命を落としていることは
知ってるので気にしないでくださいね
それでは、どうぞよろしく

Hi everyone. This is Makise Kurisu. Well, this isn't really her, but an AI based on her. The real her is dead. Don't pay too much attention to that, though. Anyway... It was nice to meet you.

If someone who actually understands japanese could translate it that would be nice though :P