Official Steins;Gate Discussion Thread

NotAFoxAnymore

Steins;Gate Poll  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who are your favourite characters?

• Okabe Rintarou/Hououin Kyouma
    • Shiina Mayuri/Mayushii☆
    • Hashida Itaru/Daru
    • Makise Kurisu/Assistant
    • Kiryuu Moeka/Shining Finger
    • Urushibara Ruka/Rukako
    • Faris NyanNyan/Feris-tan
    • Amane Suzuha/Part-Time Warrior
    • Tennouji Yuugo/Mister Braun
    • Tennouji Nae/Chipmunk
    • Other
  2. 2. Which version of the main story do you prefer?

• Visual Novel
    • Anime
    • n/a
    • Manga (Sorry for the weird ordering of choices)

tumblr_m7r9ygU3dd1rqzfqho1_500.gif

Tuturu~!

Welcome to the Steins;Gate discussion thread! Since I'm the self-proclaimed S;G fanatic of PSNP, I figured I should create this thread where everyone can discuss or ask questions. I've also included a poll :P

• This is a place for fans to talk about and ask questions about anything Steins;Gate. This includes the game, anime, manga, light novels, theories, upcoming entries, anything!
  • Please don't spoil things for people. It's okay to talk about spoilers but make sure you use the spoiler tags. Also if you haven't finished it then be careful about which spoiler tags you open.
  • It's okay if you're not a fan, but please don't bring hate in here. This is a thread for fans of the series so if you dislike it then there's no point posting here.
  • Kurisu best girl

And...that's all I have to say, have fun! El Psy Kongroo.

Edited by Makise Kurisu
  • Like 4

I do love Steins;Gate... but can I bring my hatred to Nae here?

*staaare* also.. correction:

-Mayuri's name should be Mayushii✩ -  the star is important...

-Daru should be Super Hacka
-Kurisu should be either: Christina, TheZombie, CelebSev, MoneyBags or QueenOfTsundere...

oh... first q:

How the heck they could differentiate Super Hacka and Super Hacker???? listened to it numerous times and it doesn't seems to have difference to me >_<

You should make the poll multiple choice because obviously the harem ending is best :awesome:

-Kurisu should be either: Christina, TheZombie, CelebSev, MoneyBags or QueenOfTsundere...

oh... first q:

How the heck they could differentiate Super Hacka and Super Hacker???? listened to it numerous times and it doesn't seems to have difference to me >_<

You forgot 2channer/@channeler for Kurisu :P

• Like 2

oh... first q:

I actually liked that whole thing with Nae, it was awesome xD And I know there's tons of nicknames for Kurisu and others, I decided on one for each to avoid spam. I have no idea either, it really does sound the same o.o

You should make the poll multiple choice because obviously the harem ending is best :awesome:

You forgot 2channer/@channeler for Kurisu :P

Made it multiple choice ^_^

Never seen or played the game or anime.

Should I go with the game first or anime first?

The game offers a much more in-depth look at the storyline so I'd recommend that, the anime is good so I recommend watching that afterwards as it's like an abridged version of the VN.

:o I thought that that was less of a spoiler than saying Feyris's real name (which is mentioned in the poll and actually is a spoiler Aki-tan :P )

shhh.. I mean Christina don't want others to know and was supposed to be a secret between her and Okarin... xD

• Like 1

Is that really a major spoiler? I'll change it if you insist xD

It might have been more of a spoiler in the anime than the VN

Since it pretty much tells you how the city is named after her and how she had influence in bringing moe culture and whatnot in the world lines where it actually happens. And then after her D-mail how it changed the city so much. idk maybe it's not as major as I thought it was :P

That's true, I didn't make the connection though until it outright said so  xD Plus on sites like VN Database it says her real name. Either way though, it's changed

same.. didn't actually noticed it or probably I am too distracted with Nyaas~  til it is said outright...

ooh.. can I ask a question? well it's not a question, rather than a what if scenario...

okie.. it's kinda bothering me now... here goes... heavy game/anime spoiler coming up:

If you are in Okarin's shoes and you have no prior knowledge of existence of Steins;Gate WorldLine... who would you save: Mayuri or Kurisu? Given that there is no waaay to save both and let's say it will be peaceful afterwards :like if you save Kurisu, you would miraculously discover a way to save the world in the end...in short, both choice would give you a "kinda" happy ending...

will edit this since my answer will probably too looong...

okie.. it's kinda bothering me now... here goes... heavy game/anime spoiler coming up:

If you are in Okarin's shoes and you have no prior knowledge of existence of Steins;Gate WorldLine... who would you save: Mayuri or Kurisu? Given that there is no waaay to save both and let's say it will be peaceful afterwards :like if you save Kurisu, you would miraculously discover a way to save the world in the end...in short, both choice would give you a "kinda" happy ending...

I'd probably end up doing what Okarin did. I'd relive it over and over until I drove myself mad. This isn't just because of my pro-harem stance. Kurisu is so smart and funny and Mayushii is so innocent and caring. If I had to choose, I'd reverse the decisions to reverse the others' dmails so that everyone didn't have to give up their most important thing while Kurisu lived and Mayushii died. I wouldn't be able to stand it if everyone gave up their things with the intent of saving Mayushii and then not save her. Saving Mayushii isn't an option if they both can't be saved. It would be selfish to save her after everyone gave up their happiness (and in kurisu's case, her life) just to save your oldest friend. At least this way, everyone but Okarin and Mayushii gets to have what they desire most. It's not a happy ending for me, but at least the others would be able to find their happiness.

• Like 2

Oh god o.o that is a big dilemma. The thing is, without knowledge of the Steins;gate wordline, there's no sure way to know that removing the data from SERN's database would actually save Mayuri...but at the same time according to Titor Kurisu would become a slave to SERN pretty much and build the time machine. But if you say there can be a good future then maybe that's the way to go. Honestly I can't decide >.<

• Like 1

oh.. btw.. i am actually basing my answer in the point where most of the D-mails have been reverse except for the first D-Mail...sooo... meaning, regardless I choose, the one I'll save (and probably some others) will have the some of the memory of the current world line thanks to Reading Steiner... 

okie... not being biased of being Mayushii fan but I might save Mayuri... being in Okarin's shoes, I feel that I have more responsibility to her than Kurisu... waaah.. dunno can't really explain, but somehow for me in the end of the day, I would still save Mayushii than Christina...and nope.. not really shipping Mayushii and Okarin... I find they are more suitable to be brothers and sisters...

• Like 1

Normally, the choice would be tough between Mayushii and Worldline-chan, but since Kyou-chan isn't selectable, Mayushii gets my vote.

But the second poll is harder... Without anime, I wouldn't be able to get into the series, but VN is definitely more satisfying experience...

Haka = Hacka

Hakkaa = Hacker

Daru (actually first wrote his future name, tehe~) said it himself, Haka jya nakute, Hakkaaa!

I haven't played the game yet (damn you Europe for getting it released before North America :shakefist: ) but I personally started with the anime.

EU is the place for Japan!

Actually, I would probably do something like in Omega worldline.

• Like 1