Official Steins;Gate Discussion Thread

NotAFoxAnymore

Steins;Gate Poll  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who are your favourite characters?

• Okabe Rintarou/Hououin Kyouma
    • Shiina Mayuri/Mayushii☆
    • Hashida Itaru/Daru
    • Makise Kurisu/Assistant
    • Kiryuu Moeka/Shining Finger
    • Urushibara Ruka/Rukako
    • Faris NyanNyan/Feris-tan
    • Amane Suzuha/Part-Time Warrior
    • Tennouji Yuugo/Mister Braun
    • Tennouji Nae/Chipmunk
    • Other
  2. 2. Which version of the main story do you prefer?

• Visual Novel
    • Anime
    • n/a
    • Manga (Sorry for the weird ordering of choices)

So...is AI Kurisu a Future Gadget?

From here

From them Okabe learns about the "Amadeus" system, which stores the memory of a human and creates an emulation of that person. His life is changed completely when Leskinen asks Okabe to become a "tester" in interacting with Amadeus and Okabe meets Kurisu's "Memories" held within the system.

As a tester Okabe continues to speak with "Kurisu" using a dedicated smartphone application. As their conversations pile up, like in the past Okabe begins to grow closer. However, Okabe is also filled with anguish.

Why? This isn't a sequel that comes afterwards in the storyline

I feel it's pointless and I'm afraid it'll suck and stain the original's reputation. Hopefully It's not just milking the cow, 2 fandiscs are already enough and I'd rather call this a fandisc too instead of a "true sequel".

I feel it's pointless and I'm afraid it'll suck and stain the original's reputation. Hopefully It's not just milking the cow, 2 fandiscs are already enough and I'd rather call this a fandisc too instead of a "true sequel".

It's one of the infinite alternate timelines. It's no more real or fake than anything else that is seen in the game/anime. It's supposed to tell the story of what happened in a timeline where

Kurisu ends up being dead and Okabe obsesses over her death until the future lab creates the time machine and sends suzuha back in time. It's pretty much the timeline before the true end of the game/anime's end.

Edited by Urushiro
  • Like 1

It's one of the infinite alternate timelines. It's no more real or fake than anything else that is seen in the game/anime. It's supposed to tell the story of what happened in a timeline where

Kurisu ends up being dead and Okabe obsesses over her death until the future lab creates the time machine and sends suzuha back in time. It's pretty much the timeline before the true end of the game/anime's end.

It feels like a side story and it's canon. No other vn they made comes even close to S;G's level which worries me, why meddle with a story that was perfect as is?

Also console only like the fandiscs, which makes no sense.

Edited by theladozz

That delay...!

Oh well, better quality! GIVE IT TO MEH, 5pb!!

*picks up phone*

Hello? Yes. This is Hououin Kyouma.

It seems the Organization has infiltrated 5pb and delays all of their games.

For what? They say it's about quality, but we still get "Game is Dead. Mismatch."

It's a complot by SERN!

Edited by SleepSub
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just finished Feyris's end and something seemed a little... strange.

In Feyris's end, Okabe goes to Mr Brown's house to find the divergence meter and does find it. That's strange to me. Who put it there, who made it, and why was it there? It makes me think that the Omega worldline isn't actually a happy end like you were all saying on page tuturu. It has to have a reason for being there and Okabe is the only one capable of using it. 

I don't think anyone will be able to answer that, but it's my immediate reaction.

Edited by Jibril

Omg! & dang i didn't play the first Steins;Gate game =.= No ps3 (anymore) or a vita. I hope they port the first one to PS4 =/

As a first-print bonus in Japan for the sequel, they offer the PS4 version, but it has no trophy support (unless this has changed), so I'd just get a Vita :P

Also 

Its+a+cyanide+and+happiness+comic+when+y

Edited by Makise Kurisu
  • Like 1

After playing the VN, I've updated my vote and added Nae.

Yandere lolis are pretty cute. (I'm a little surprised no one else thinks this o.o)

She is 100% yamu and 0% deredere, how is that cute? :D

That said, I love this CG so much, probably one of my favourites from S:G.

To4SbFW.jpg

• Like 1

Coming to PS4 and Vita in December for Japan, no word on a localisation :( I'm confident it'll happen though, it seems like the game sold well in the West

I wish i was turning japanese, I wish i was turning japanese, I really wish so. Nooooo! Japan why you do this =( My heart aches with pain </3

• Like 1