[PSA] Be sure to connect your PSTV online regularly, or it will mess up your trophies!

Doppelgangergang

This is a very good info. I don't have it yet, but I do plan to get it eventually so this is good to know.

If you always sync before unplugging the Vita TV could this bug happen?

It's not actually a software bug, it's a limitation of the PSTV itself. The PSTV doesn't have a tiny backup battery inside it so the clock that timestamps the trophies are lost when you unplug it. The PS3 and PS4 use tiny batteries to keep their clocks, so they are not affected by this issue. (And the Vita has a nonremovable battery, so it never loses the clock)

Syncing before unplugging is not going to help, as you will lose the clock you sync after you unplug it.

It seems my Vita has not yet synced to PSN and thus don't have the Missing Timestamp trophies. I put my Vita in flight mode and now retrying to earn the trophies that have missing timestamps.

My theory is that I hope earning trophies with timestamp will override the ones without timestamps. I hope.

I'll update if anything.

I'm curious as to what proof there is that this is actually true. I ask because going by this I should have had to reset my clock after plugging my PS TV back in after not using it for close to 2 months, which I didn't have to, and when I unlocked Legendary Gardener in Nier on my original PSN ID the timestamp should have synced to the moment I unlocked it, which it didn't, instead of to the exact moment I synced the trophies with the PSN server as it did.

Edited by ScutumMagister

I'm curious as to what proof there is that this is actually true. I ask because going by this I should have had to reset my clock after plugging my PS TV back in after not using it for close to 2 months, which I didn't have to, and when I unlocked Legendary Gardener in Nier on my original PSN ID the timestamp should have synced to the moment I unlocked it, which it didn't, instead of to the exact moment I synced the trophies with the PSN server as it did.

Did you have an internet connection? the system might have synced automatically.

As for the legitness of the issue I described, I did have broken timestamps on my profile after I did what I described. You are free to attempt to reproduce the issue, but only if you are OK with potentially adding Missing Timestamp trophies on your PSN Profile.

As for the PSTV having no batteries, you can see the teardown of the front and back of the circuit board. Neither a Lithium Battery or a rechargeable NiMH cell is present.

As for the trophies, I managed to pop the affected trophies on my Vita and they have timestamps. Crossing fingers and syncing...

EDIT: ARGH. IT DIDN'T WORK! :(

Edited by Doppelgangergang