How to properly use the omega symbol

Satoshi Ookami

This. This is why I'm not fond of Japanese games. There are some fantastic ones, like Soul Sacrifice, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy etc. but then you get games like this with overly sexualized anime girls, who most of the time look underage.

I just don't get the appeal.

Don't worry.  These games are seen as just as absurd in Japan as well.

This is what you would call a true Japanese game :D

That is an insult to the likes of Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill - y'know, Japanese franchises that don't rely on anime boobs to shift some copies.

It's a bit sad tbh.  If the devs focused more of their effort on better story-writing or in-depth character development or a really intuitive battle system, they might actually garner a strong, dedicated following the old-fashioned way - and not just for its copy-and-paste jiggle physics.

That said, of the (little) gameplay shown in the trailer, the battle system actually looks like it could be promising, so it might end up being one of those bargain bin purchases.  But I've got plenty better games to be playing until then.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly the game will be worth it for playable character voiced by Kobayashi alone.

That is an insult to the likes of Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill - y'know, Japanese franchises that don't rely on anime boobs to shift some copies.

But at this point FF, MGS and Silent Hill are made with western market in mind just as with japanese market. You can't really compare them with this game when they are focused on much larger user base. And if you mean old titles in those series that actually had to get popular here you have to consider how much has market changed (for both western and jp).

I'm not really defending the game though. It is kusoge at its best appealing to otaku for fast cash grab. But there are people who like that (me included) and oyu can't really except every game to appeal to everyone

It's a bit sad tbh.  If the devs focused more of their effort on better story-writing or in-depth character development or a really intuitive battle system, they might actually garner a strong, dedicated following the old-fashioned way - and not just for its copy-and-paste jiggle physics.

What if it was some revolutionary jiggle physics?

But at this point FF, MGS and Silent Hill are made with western market in mind just as with japanese market. You can't really compare them with this game when they are focused on much larger user base. And if you mean old titles in those series that actually had to get popular here you have to consider how much has market changed (for both western and jp).

I'm not really defending the game though. It is kusoge at its best appealing to otaku for fast cash grab. But there are people who like that (me included) and oyu can't really except every game to appeal to everyone

What if it was some revolutionary jiggle physics?

Yeah, I understand that the examples are appealing to a much larger fanbase, but I was more so pointing out to Satoshi that saying a game like this is a "true Japanese game" when, like you said, it's a very obvious kusoge focusing on sex appeal over substance.  If this was the magnum opus of Japanese creativity, I'd run a mile.  :P  That said, I will play this at one point, when it hits that ridiculous price-drop all games like this face weeks after release.  :P

Guess I'm just sick of seeing games like these that are in an endless loop of yearly release with no intuition.  But it's clearly doing enough to support them, so props to them for making a living I guess.

• Like 1

This. This is why I'm not fond of Japanese games. There are some fantastic ones, like Soul Sacrifice, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy etc. but then you get games like this with overly sexualized anime girls, who most of the time look underage.

I just don't get the appeal.

That is the appeal yo.

Yeah, I understand that the examples are appealing to a much larger fanbase, but I was more so pointing out to Satoshi that saying a game like this is a "true Japanese game" when, like you said, it's a very obvious kusoge focusing on sex appeal over substance.  If this was the magnum opus of Japanese creativity, I'd run a mile.   :P  That said, I will play this at one point, when it hits that ridiculous price-drop all games like this face weeks after release.   :P

Guess I'm just sick of seeing games like these that are in an endless loop of yearly release with no intuition.  But it's clearly doing enough to support them, so props to them for making a living I guess.

To be honest he has kind of point because the market is flooded by these precisely for the fast cash. I don't think it can go for that long but at the moment you could say it's a "true japanese game". But attitude of these behind the game makes a lot of impact. Most of these are just cash crab you could compare it to Senran Kagura where it doesn't really hava anything over these games but it still feels better because of Takaki who's making these games what he actually wants them to be. Compared to this even things like FF feels just like large scale cash grab.

This argument could said for pretty much every western game as well so I don't see the point in what you're saying. It's kind of baffling that people these days are "tired" of games like this one when these types of games have been around for years.

• Like 1

This topic is in Civil War, with people who hate the fanservice and people who love the fanservice. I sympathize with both sides, because I hated games that looked moe because most of the games that moe girls are in is just pure fanservices, bland characters that rely on looking sexy and boring gameplay or story, for example: Monster Monpiece, this is also why I haven't seen Anime in two years, but at same time if the certain game or anime is able counter-balance the pervertness with actually good gameplay, good music, different personalities traits, or good story, it will be alright. I love Hyperdimension Neptunia because of it's comedy and it's characters, I remember I used get annoyed with it's fanservice (especially mk2) but I am used to it now. Also Senran Kagura had me enterained because of it's gameplay and the character design but I don't like how big their boobs are but some do and I am alright with that.

P.S. I was alright with the game up until the part where you have to rub the girls, I already did it once for a trophy and I don't want to do it.

P.S.S. seeing that people are starting to debate the Japanese-American-European gaming markets, means that things are going to get ugly and people sooner or later.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...