Pokemon Shuffle mobile out now in the West

TheVader66

Feeling crazy cheated right now.

I spent all 13 hearts from logging in at the update on that stupid ass pikachu and didn't catch it. I was even S-ranking the damn thing left and right. No super catch rates on my best attempts only when I was at a less than 20% catch rate. If I get another SCR in the 70's I'll throw a GB...

New Type Restrictions on the Competition events are gonna be interesting for player feedback.

Only going to Stage 50 on Latios

Definitely want to catch Luxray while it's easy.

Overall should be a smooth week. If I finish early enough I'll get my coins back to a comfy 70K before going back to catching leftover pokemon.

EDIT:

Screw it. I beat that crappy pikachu in 4 moves. FOUR moves. 28% and it didn't even shake before breaking. Threw a GB at 56%, not even a damn SCR, and caught it. 

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

I ran into this info while surfing Reddit though you guys may already know about.

Competitive Stage Now Live! (Shiny Mega Gyarados)
A type-restricted Shiny Mega Gyarados competitive stage is here! For this competitive stage, you are restricted to Electric- and Normal-type Pokémon. In addition, if you use Support Pokémon that can Mega Evolve, you are limited to these four: Ampharos, Audino, Kangaskhan, and Lopunny. Note that you cannot use Manectric or Audino (Winking). Prizes include Mega Stones and other awesome stuff! Check the Ranking in this special stage for more information! Those who have already obtained Gyaradosite will get one Level Up instead. Against Shiny Mega Gyarados, we recommend Shiny Gyarados Costume Pikachu. Along with the Shiny Mega Gyarados competitive stage, Shiny Gyarados Costume Pikachu will also appear in a special stage this week!
Event Period: Until 05:00 UTC 07/04/2017 (US date format)
Mobile Reward Period: From 06:00 UTC 07/07/2017 until 06:00 UTC 07/14/2017 (US date format)
3DS Reward Period: From 06:00 UTC 07/04/2017 until 06:00 UTC 07/11/2017 (US date format)

Incase you need more information here is a link to it: https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonShuffle/comments/6jqt9u/shiny_mega_gyarados_competitive_stage_pikachu/?utm_content=comments&utm_medium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=PokemonShuffle

37K to catch Attack Deoxys. Pile of shit.

First item run without C-1 and without +5. As usual I fucked myself by not bringing the +5 because I got destroyed and didn't even win.

2nd item run was with everything. Needed 2 GB at 62%. So this run alone was 27K.

Up to 802 caught. 23 more Main Stage pokemon to catch. I'll need to grind out more coins with 12K left. Safari pikachu is eluding me and I missed the daily pikachu. -_- 

1 hour ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

37K to catch Attack Deoxys. Pile of shit.

First item run without C-1 and without +5. As usual I fucked myself by not bringing the +5 because I got destroyed and didn't even win.

2nd item run was with everything. Needed 2 GB at 62%. So this run alone was 27K.

Up to 802 caught. 23 more Main Stage pokemon to catch. I'll need to grind out more coins with 12K left. Safari pikachu is eluding me and I missed the daily pikachu. -_- 

Complexity really? Is this stage that bad?

I'm currently trying to find the Shiny  Ray pika from the safari. I will go for Deoxys after that.

Edited by Aexuz

Just now, Aexuz said:

Complexity really? Is this stage that bad?

I'm currently trying to find the Shiny pika from the safari. I will go for Deoxys after that.

If you haven't watched a video on I I really recommend it. Pak showed that it can be beaten without a C-1 but you better be in good standing with the gods to catch it.

It starts off with a disruption that is meant for Mega Sableye (O-shaped). Then each disruption after is nuts. Barriers and blocks. One of the last ones you'll see is a fck-ton of rocks with a couple barriers in the middle.

You have 13 moves to do around 16.5K damage. Attack Deoxys is a 5th support. DD runs out fast so don't be like me...just bring the +5 if you use a DD. <_< 

The shiny pikachu this time isn't a puzzle stage. Pak brought Shiny Gyarados, Golurk for the blocks, and Landorus-T for damage.

7 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

If you haven't watched a video on I I really recommend it. Pak showed that it can be beaten without a C-1 but you better be in good standing with the gods to catch it.

It starts off with a disruption that is meant for Mega Sableye (O-shaped). Then each disruption after is nuts. Barriers and blocks. One of the last ones you'll see is a fck-ton of rocks with a couple barriers in the middle.

You have 13 moves to do around 16.5K damage. Attack Deoxys is a 5th support. DD runs out fast so don't be like me...just bring the +5 if you use a DD. <_< 

The shiny pikachu this time isn't a puzzle stage. Pak brought Shiny Gyarados, Golurk for the blocks, and Landorus-T for damage.

I will check the videos when I get home. I think mega beedril may be a better option for the shiny ray pikahu instead of Gyarados.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2017 at 10:38 AM, Aexuz said:

I think mega beedril may be a better option for the shiny ray pikahu instead of Gyarados.

Mega beedrill was definitely the better option. Took around 50 hearts to finally find the pikachu, but I took it down in 4 moves and caught it in a pokeball. After the travesty that was Deoxys the game must have taken pity on me.

Missed the once a day pikachu again. <_< 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

Now I can get back to the main stages. I used complexity on Deoxys and ended up capturing him at 99% with greatball. I encounter the shiny ray pikachu around my 10th attempt.

Nice! Braver than I am because I never would have went in with Sableye and mine is maxed.

Mega Shiny Rayquaza is supposedly going to be the next competitive stage to appear next tuesday. Hoping to get back to around 50K in coins by then. I just need one more week of weak releases to catch up fully I think lol.

On 7/5/2017 at 11:42 AM, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Nice! Braver than I am because I never would have went in with Sableye and mine is maxed.

Mega Shiny Rayquaza is supposedly going to be the next competitive stage to appear next tuesday. Hoping to get back to around 50K in coins by then. I just need one more week of weak releases to catch up fully I think lol.

I still need to beat the escalation stage level 50 for an extra mega speed up. Do you think is enough with +5 turns and attack power?

2 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

I still need to beat the escalation stage level 50 for an extra mega speed up. Do you think is enough with +5 turns and attack power?

Depends on your mega I guess. I can't remember what I used for that stage. Tbh I think I used a +10 seconds and an MS on Rayquaza...and I just barely won.

If it's Beedrill I'd say it should be enough, but you gotta keep the combo going. Getting stuck too many times will not end well. It only has 14K HP and Beedrill should clear enough of the board to help you out especially if you take advantage of the clock stopping to see new matches.

I stopped noting down a lot of what I do in the game in this thread because I'm never really sure it helps anyone who might read it lol.

@Aexuz

Have you caught Woobat? (stage 511)

8/10 times I can't even beat the stage and I've used a bunch of different strong teams.

EDIT:

Too many hearts wasted here. The team that gave me the most wins was probably Gengar, Banette, Giratina (ghost), and Hoopa-U.

Took a chance on a 58% GB and thankfully it worked because that was the highest % I saw for the stage.

EDIT2:

Finally down to Prasino Woods and only 15 main stage pokemon left to catch. :o 

@Avatar_Of_Battle yeah I have all Natch Carnival S ranked and captured. What I'm missing is:

555 Haunter - S rank

559 Gastrodon - S rank, capture

560 Arbok - capture

564 Kirlia - S rank

568 Pangoro - S rank

569 Diglett - Capture

570 Clawitzer - Capture

572 Gardevoir - S rank

574 Ditto - S rank, capture

578 Beautifly - capture

579 Mightyena - S rank

580 Mega Gallade - S rank

581 Cascoon - capture

586 Spinda - S rank

588 Conkeidurr - S rank

590 Crustle - capture (spent 15k and didn't catch him)

594 Basculin - S rank

597 Servine - S rank 

16 hours ago, Aexuz said:

@Avatar_Of_Battle yeah I have all Natch Carnival S ranked and captured. What I'm missing is:

555 Haunter - S rank
559 Gastrodon - S rank, capture
560 Arbok - capture
564 Kirlia - S rank
568 Pangoro - S rank
569 Diglett - Capture
570 Clawitzer - Capture
572 Gardevoir - S rank
574 Ditto - S rank, capture
578 Beautifly - capture
579 Mightyena - S rank
580 Mega Gallade - S rank
581 Cascoon - capture
586 Spinda - S rank
588 Conkeidurr - S rank
590 Crustle - capture (spent 15k and didn't catch him)
594 Basculin - S rank
597 Servine - S rank 

Ditto...ugh.

Personally, that would take me around 70K to S-rank probably. <_< 

We share a bunch of captures needed.

I need:

554 Shellos

556 Ekans

559 Gastrodon

560 Arbok (15 hearts and not one win. :angry: )

565 Clauncher

569 Diglett

574...Ditto...

578 Beautifly

581 Cascoon

582 Remoraid

587 Dwebble

590 Crustle

594 Basculin

597 Servine

I'm gonna feel real empty when that's all done lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Ditto...ugh.

Personally, that would take me around 70K to S-rank probably. <_< 

We share a bunch of captures needed.

I need:

554 Shellos

556 Ekans

559 Gastrodon

560 Arbok

565 Clauncher

569 Diglett

574...Ditto...

578 Beautifly

581 Cascoon

582 Remoraid

587 Dwebble

590 Crustle

594 Basculin

597 Servine

I'm gonna feel real empty when that's all done lol.

Any easy S rank stage from my list that you can remember?

16 hours ago, Aexuz said:

Any easy S rank stage from my list that you can remember?

Iirc pretty much everything there needed at least a +5. I don't think I got any of the ones in your list itemless S-ranked. 

Some of them are tough as hell reading my comments on the last page lol.

EDIT:

Caught Gastrodon on my first try. :o 

EDIT2:

Caught Registeel and new Pikachu on first try each in a pokeball.

I can NOT get a single win in 3 stages so far. Arbok, Ditto, and Beautifly. Not one win across probably 30 hearts. I might have to grind my coins back to max just to catch these 3. I'm talking like C-1 runs just to ensure a high catch rate and throw a couple GBs. Ridiculous.

I really hope that Magearna comes back. :( I never caught it. 

First attempt at the mega shiny rayquaza comp netted me a little over 70K. Completely satisfied with that since at the moment I'm in the 2nd bracket and I won't fall below the third.

Used, M-Tyranitar, Articuno(lvl 17-SL5), Angry Pikachu(maxed), and noob pikachu in shiny rayquaza costume.

Only one opportunity for articuno to get a match of 4 for I think 2500. Angry pikachu activated twice once for a 5 match for 9999 and I think the 3 match was for 6900. 

Only went to 276 on the Mew EB. I was too unlucky and needed minor amounts of coins for some of the boss stages. Apparently a fully maxed out Dusknoir is a god for boss stages. Lot of people I noticed used M-Heracross too. -_- 

I've got a list of good Last Ditch Effort pokemon set up to max out. Mawile for Steely Resolve, and I switched the Original Cap Pikachu to Hyper Bolt. 

Ampharos will be maxed out when we get our rewards on Friday. Aggron is up next.

Gotta get these last 7 dumbass main stage pokemon before they add more lol.

Just have Abok and friggin Ditto left to catch. 

I can't beat Arbok at all itemless. :S I'm going to have to hope an item run does it if I fail my next couple teams.

Thankfully I was able to take out the Safari in 24 hours. Didn't even know Butterfree was a once a day...glad I caught it the first day lol.

I managed to take enough stupid free surveys to save up $2 lmfao. Bought myself 4 jewels for a hopefully quick boost in coins. :devil: 

EDIT:

I ended up not wasting anymore hearts. I've had to have wasted at least 100-150 on the last I think 15 in Prasino Woods and I'm just tired.

Tri-item run on Arbok didn't go well, but the GB was 40% and I ended up only need one. Thank fuck that stage is over. At least I can win Ditto's stage itemless it just has a horrible catch rate.

Once Ditto is caught I can just be lazy on my way back to 99999 coins. Will hold my jewels in reserve. Then I can tackle the expert stages. 

We are getting a new Survival Mode type thing next week. It's like a competitive stage where your prizes are determined by score. A score of 250K nets you the top prizes I think.

EDIT2:

No screwing around with Ditto I decided. Used MMX, Machamp, Meloetta-P, Lucario. Spanked it's jiggly pink ass.

Items used were +5, DD, and C-1. Won with 11(6) moves left. Broke out of a 38%. It boosted to 76% and SCR'd it's way to 100%. Damn skippy I threw that GB lol. I'm free and clear to grind out stage 37 until next Tuesday. :D (went from 43K to 17K with the last 5-6 catches)

@Satoshi Ookami @Aexuz

Remember that if you want to try and get a score in for the Mewtwo Score Challenge you shouldn't wait. There's only 2 days left for it. I thought it was coming out on tuesday as part of the update.

I recommend reading through this thread if you want to know about which teams might be decent scoring.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonShuffle/comments/6nz4mb/mewtwo_score_challenge_guide/?sort=new

My first item attempt I used Tyranitar as the mega. I suck horribly with using him in the middle of a combo so my score wasn't high. Gengar did a little better by getting me 91.8K and that's where I'm staying. Not worth another 10.5K coins. I used on of my jewels on weekend meowth to boost me a little.

On 22/7/2017 at 2:03 AM, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

@Satoshi Ookami @Aexuz

Remember that if you want to try and get a score in for the Mewtwo Score Challenge you shouldn't wait. There's only 2 days left for it. I thought it was coming out on tuesday as part of the update.

I recommend reading through this thread if you want to know about which teams might be decent scoring.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonShuffle/comments/6nz4mb/mewtwo_score_challenge_guide/?sort=new

My first item attempt I used Tyranitar as the mega. I suck horribly with using him in the middle of a combo so my score wasn't high. Gengar did a little better by getting me 91.8K and that's where I'm staying. Not worth another 10.5K coins. I used on of my jewels on weekend meowth to boost me a little.

I was very close to 100k. I think it was worth trying once or even twice  because in the worst escenario you will recover 5k coins from one of the brackets plus the mega speed up at 40k. Finally captured Butterfree from the great challenge so I'll be back to farm Meowth for a while. I need 6 more S ranks and 9 captures to finish the main stages.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

I was very close to 100k. I think it was worth trying once or even twice  because in the worst escenario you will recover 5k coins from one of the brackets plus the mega speed up at 40k. Finally captured Butterfree from the great challenge so I'll be back to farm Meowth for a while. I need 6 more S ranks and 9 captures to finish the main stages.

I wish we had a strong RT ghost. Lunala served me well in my run, but Mega Rayquaza would have gotten more combos and without a BS+ pokemon the ghost team just isn't as strong as a Dark team. Between Hoopa-U, Zoroark being PSB farmable, and Yveltal's BS+ the team is probably one of the best.

As for the bold part...

May god have mercy on your soul...

RIP Platinum Profile Card. ?

^seriously the new Survival Mode setup is trash. Megas at every other stage? MMY at stage 10? I got to it with 6 moves left. 

Managed 17K itemless on the Shiny Tyranitar Comp. Heracross is going to be the best I think. Butterfree and Hitmonchan are disrupted.

MMX did well for just 8 moves though.

Got to stage 58 for Kyurem thanks to those 30 free hearts. Going to 125 and probably be done. I'm going to use the EB to get some free items to use in the Comp stage. :P 

On 25/7/2017 at 2:32 AM, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

RIP Platinum Profile Card. 1f622.png

^seriously the new Survival Mode setup is trash. Megas at every other stage? MMY at stage 10? I got to it with 6 moves left. 

Managed 17K itemless on the Shiny Tyranitar Comp. Heracross is going to be the best I think. Butterfree and Hitmonchan are disrupted.

MMX did well for just 8 moves though.

Got to stage 58 for Kyurem thanks to those 30 free hearts. Going to 125 and probably be done. I'm going to use the EB to get some free items to use in the Comp stage. :P 

Copied your team for the competitive stage and went pretty good. I always get crappy scores with Tyranitar so I was motivated when I looked at your team and saw you did well with Ray :)

I have now 45k coins thanks for the Meowth stage so I think is time to get some main stages S ranked and captures.

That new survival mode is serously insane. I'm not going to do it for a long long time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aexuz said:

Copied your team for the competitive stage and went pretty good. I always get crappy scores with Tyranitar so I was motivated when I looked at your team and saw you did well with Ray :)

I have now 45k coins thanks for the Meowth stage so I think is time to get some main stages S ranked and captures.

That new survival mode is serously insane. I'm not going to do it for a long long time.

I saw that when I woke up you lucky bastard lol. :P I was surprised he did that well for me so I am happy with my score this time around. I hope to stay at least within the 2nd bracket but I'll probably drop down to 3rd as usual. I wish my Meloetta-P was maxed out I would have gotten over 100K for sure.

I was surprised that Tyranitar is in the top 5 this time. The highest in my friends list was you until a couple minutes ago when someone got 109K with Heracross. I figured Heracross would be dominating given how much people have been abusing him over the past couple weeks.

I'm at 63K in coins and I just got so bored with Meowth that I've moved on to Ampharos to max some of my LDE pokemon for later events. I've almost got Heatran's LDE maxed out.