Pokemon Shuffle mobile out now in the West

TheVader66

8 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Taking the 1000 coins for logging in yesterday and the 500 I'll get in a few minutes I reached 69K like I wanted from the 49K I had 24 hours ago. ^_^ 2 red presents were a huge boost.

I only got one red present from tropius. Used the Rhyhorn exploit to capture Arcanine from the expert stages and some mission cards as well.

18 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

I only got one red present from tropius. Used the Rhyhorn exploit to capture Arcanine from the expert stages and some mission cards as well.

Ohh nice! I completely forgot about the expert stages lol.

Maybe I'll go for Arcanine too... :hmm: 

EDIT:

Holy shit. Scored 9500 coins on Meowth.

I highly recommend Rayquaza, Accelgor, and Sunkern. Leave the 4th spot blank.

Accelgor is the key pokemon.

EDIT2:

Went after Arcanine. I don't think Snorlax even helped but at 74% I threw 2 GB to catch it. Felt like that was gonna be the best I saw and only spent a heart.

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

10 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Ohh nice! I completely forgot about the expert stages lol.

Maybe I'll go for Arcanine too... :hmm: 

EDIT:

Holy shit. Scored 9500 coins on Meowth.

I highly recommend Rayquaza, Accelgor, and Sunkern. Leave the 4th spot blank.

Accelgor is the key pokemon.

EDIT2:

Went after Arcanine. I don't think Snorlax even helped but at 74% I threw 2 GB to catch it. Felt like that was gonna be the best I saw and only spent a heart.

I ended up using my mega speeds on Mewtwo. He now evolves in 6 matches which is also great for the Meowth stage. I think I earned 8700 yesterday. Arcanine is great fire pokemon with the power of 4. Definitely worth getting. I used a greatball too to capture him.

4 hours ago, Aexuz said:

I ended up using my mega speeds on Mewtwo. He now evolves in 6 matches which is also great for the Meowth stage. I think I earned 8700 yesterday. Arcanine is great fire pokemon with the power of 4. Definitely worth getting. I used a greatball too to capture him.

1 hour ago, Aexuz said:

The Brute Force exploit was fixed today. That was fast o.o

MMY and MMX are my very next megas to candy. That makes MMY and MMX equal in evolution speed I think?

Arcanine is in my top 5 favorite Gen 1 pokemon so I definitely wanted to catch him and max him out.

Yeah they probably weren't thrilled at everyone Brute Forcing their way through the game. :giggle: 

Can't decide if I should beef up Sceptile or Ampharos. (after 19 MSU for MMY, MMX, and Garchomp -_- )

Ampharos evolves in 9 icons instead of 6, but I have mega boost on it and I can overlook the ability crossing itself so I put it above Manectric.  Sceptile, however, can evolve in 6 icons and get 5 RML for a power boost. So it requires the least amount of MSU but is the most luck based and is only good on an all grass team whereas Ampharos can do well in a mixed electric/grass team. I keep needing items in water stages so now I'm putting more thought into it. xD 

Also, prepare for some ridiculous scores from the Tyranitar Kings lol.

Stage 130 should be enough for me in the Diancie EB.

Doing well in Gruacus Hall. Spent about 25K and have gotten 15 more S ranks. Some of which were itemless but some stages needed a 2nd item run...17 S ranks left.

EDIT:

Stage 30 and 50, boss stages, done itemless so far. :D Beedrill, Metagross, Cobalion, and Dialga are doing well. If it weren't for Metagross activating Cross Attack on a 3x4 match for 1200 damage I wouldn't have won stage 50 when I did. :D  Stage 100 will require items for me. Same setup as 30 and 50 with over twice the HP. I have a free +5 and won't need an MS since Mega Beedrill rocks. Wish I had listened to @Aexuz and gotten Mega Aggron weeks ago though lol. 

EDIT2:

Stage 100 done. Same team as in my first edit. Items were the free +5 moves and an AP^. Won with 5 moves left and had average luck with creating combos. So technically the +5 wasn't needed but I wasn't taking risks lol. Onward to 130. ?

EDIT3:

I didn't know the one a day Landorus stage had a chance to drop an MSU. That was a nice surprise.

Scored above 70K on my first, and hopefully only, item run. Definitely happy I went for the free AP^ on Diancie. ^_^ 

Finished up Graucus Hall! Now at 513/550 S ranks. 

I absolutely DESTROYED Mega Metagross this time. I won with 22(17) moves left so I wouldn't have even needed the +5.

My team was Camerupt, Machamp, Golurk and Talonflame which was removed by the C-1. Camerupt created so many combos I was actually shocked.

Game trolled me hard on Fraxure lmfao. When the S-rank was beyond obtaining I fell into a 216 combo and the 106K score I got was higher than anything else I've gotten so it replaced my high score on one of the event stages. xD 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Finished up Graucus Hall! Now at 513/550 S ranks. 

I absolutely DESTROYED Mega Metagross this time. I won with 22(17) moves left so I wouldn't have even needed the +5.

My team was Camerupt, Machamp, Golurk and Talonflame which was removed by the C-1. Camerupt created so many combos I was actually shocked.

Game trolled me hard on Fraxure lmfao. When the S-rank was beyond obtaining I fell into a 216 combo and the 106K score I got was higher than anything else I've gotten so it replaced my high score on one of the event stages. xD 

I don't remember the Mega Metagross level but I have an S rank on it. I'm really behind with the S ranking though. I'm currently working on Roseus Center (41/60 S ranks)

I got a good score in my 3rd attempt for the Houndoom special stage. Hopefully I wil get in the second bracket this time :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aexuz said:

I don't remember the Mega Metagross level but I have an S rank on it. I'm really behind with the S ranking though. I'm currently working on Roseus Center (41/60 S ranks)

I got a good score in my 3rd attempt for the Houndoom special stage. Hopefully I wil get in the second bracket this time :)

I believe it was the first boss that didn't allow all items. No DD for it. It had a lot of block disruptions and around 45K in health.

Roseus Center was a big hurdle having the most pokemon. I'm hoping my only item run is good enough for at least 3rd but I doubt it. I would rather not spend a day's worth of coins and just get through the last area before they go crazy releasing all the new pokemon.

8 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I believe it was the first boss that didn't allow all items. No DD for it. It had a lot of block disruptions and around 45K in health.

Roseus Center was a big hurdle having the most pokemon. I'm hoping my only item run is good enough for at least 3rd but I doubt it. I would rather not spend a day's worth of coins and just get through the last area before they go crazy releasing all the new pokemon.

Most of my friend list is farming Ash's Grenninja right now. That Unity Power ability is awesome but I'm not sure if I want to spent all my lives trying over and over for that skill booster.

17 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

Most of my friend list is farming Ash's Grenninja right now. That Unity Power ability is awesome but I'm not sure if I want to spent all my lives trying over and over for that skill booster.

I just spent my last SS on Cubone lol. I want him to be fully powered for Garchomp or possibly Camerupt in the future.

Mega Salamence and Shiny Rayquaza have proven to work incredibly well and when MMY is maxed out again Unown will probably evolve it in one match.

For Water teams right now I'm focusing on Mudkip. It can go to level 14 and I want to get Big Wave to SL5.

@Satoshi Ookami @Aexuz

Have either of you noticed a drastic change to Stage 37?

Over the past week or so, since the update that boosted skills like Conkledurr's, I've noticed that meowth spawns a lot less rocks and spawns far more coins for me. Unfortunately, without Conkledurr I'm not winning as much either. I've switched him out for Hitmonlee as I wanted to max him out anyways. I get the occasional rock over coin spawn but it's probably like 1 out of 15 hearts. 

2 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

@Satoshi Ookami @Aexuz

Over the past week or so, since the update that boosted skills like Conkledurr's, I've noticed that meowth spawns a lot less rocks and spawns far more coins for me. Unfortunately, without Conkledurr I'm not winning as much either. I've switched him out for Hitmonlee as I wanted to max him out anyways. I get the occasional rock over coin spawn but it's probably like 1 out of 15 hearts. 

P5 => almost no Shuffle xD

5 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

@Satoshi Ookami @Aexuz

Is still bad for me. Blocks and blocks... like 3 from my 5 attemps.

3 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

P5 => almost no Shuffle xD

lol fair enough I guess.

37 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

Is still bad for me. Blocks and blocks... like 3 from my 5 attemps.

Nvm then. Maybe for the moment I'm getting lucky.

Did a 2nd and last item run. 71K so I'll end up in the 4th bracket no matter what probably lol. Absolutely zero combos from the disruptions. <_< 

Such a bad week for this game lol.

This competitive event is shit. I got a decent amount of combos using my full item run team, but the RNG dicked me out of a great amount of combos because on the disruptions nothing matched itself.

On the positive side, I think I managed to place higher than I thought I would in the last event. Find out tomorrow morning. :D

And thanks to Dragonite in the main stages soaking up 3 item runs I likely won't even be going for a second item run in Hoopa-U. 35K coins left so I hope I can get from 540 to 550 while S-ranking everything along the way. 

EDIT:

LMFAO these later stages are just...I can see why people spend money to refill coins. I've failed so many +5, MS, DD runs today I feel like just uninstalling the app. And by fail I mean I am barely winning these stages with just a couple moves left. Dragonite took 3, Tentacruel isn't even done and it's going to take a third run or more to S-rank, and numerous other stages have taken multiple +5 runs. 

EDIT2:

Even if I hadn't spent 7K on 2 GB for Skiploom I still wouldn't have enough for a full item run against Aggron lol.

Skiploom is a ridiculously tough stage. :S I spent 10 hearts on it and only beat it maybe twice? I think I needed 3 +5 runs just to S-rank it.

EDIT3:

Didn't have enough for C-1 on Aggron. Fucking lost by maybe 500HP. So much for seeing my profile in anything other than silver for the next couple weeks. (assuming the alolan stages start appearing next week like some think.)

I'm sure you guys, @Satoshi Ookami @Aexuz, knew this post was coming.

What do you guys think of the changes coming up? Or if you don't know scroll down a bit and look at the right side of the reddit page.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonShuffle/

They are replacing Victini, Meowth, Carnivine, and Wobbuffet. :o I hope like hell the victini replacement keeps the 3000exp for crowns.

Gonna be a real busy year. I'm glad Mega Gallade is here, but its ability is not enough to replace MMX. Especially since Gallade can be a valuable support with no viable replacement.

I feel kinda dumb about it...but to catch everything Day 1 I spent a bit more than I should have. :P  Threw some greatballs that didn't need throwing. 

Threw 2 GB at Graveller not knowing how rare/common it was, 1 at Litten because 8 hearts later I was pissed. Caught Cosmog on a 12% pokeball though. 

For the Safari there is a trial 15 minutes no hearts item in the special shop. I recommend not using it until you need like 2 pokemon in the safari. I did and when I got into a match I immediately quit if it wasn't one I needed to get the most time out of the item.

Oh my God.. so much new stuff and I'm broke. Just when I was almost finishing S ranking Desert Umbra. Its so hard to advance in this game. How much time do we have for that free trial? because the only one I'm missing is Graveler and I don't feel like wasting it on that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Well... not much to say before we actually see the stages...

I'm not really that thrilled about Alola forms, though.

The special stages weren't too bad. That 5 pokemon safari is a sure thing to return later with maybe 3 uncaught pokemon though.

Having never seen them before I can't comment on the way they look.

1 hour ago, Aexuz said:

Oh my God.. so much new stuff and I'm broke. Just when I was almost finishing S ranking Desert Umbra. Its so hard to advance in this game. How much time do we have for that free trial? because the only one I'm missing is Graveler and I don't feel like wasting it on that.

I have no idea how long that trial thing lasts. But if you just have graveler I wouldn't bother with it. Then again, I have no idea what else it would be good on as 15 minutes isn't too long. At least if you use it for graveler you wouldn't need to waste hearts on it and could save them for meowth, plus whatever time you have left from the item.

And yeah I hear you about advancing. I'm never going to see a platinum profile at this rate. I just need 19 more for Nacht Carnvial and I can move on to the newest stages. At 35K though it's going to be at least a week before I'm ready to start S-ranking again...which means the new special stages are going to appear and need some coins of their own. -_- 

EDIT:

Just couldn't help myself lol. I might be back at 6400 coins...but I was getting too irked at the fact that I hadn't S-ranked Mega Salamence or Mega Aggron. So they're both done now. :D it helps a bit too because Mega Aggron may help me out on some stages I still have to S-rank. 

I'm thinking I get enough items to S-rank a stage and keep going back and forth. That way I feel like I'm being more productive. :dunno: 

4 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

The special stages weren't too bad. That 5 pokemon safari is a sure thing to return later with maybe 3 uncaught pokemon though.

Having never seen them before I can't comment on the way they look.

I have no idea how long that trial thing lasts. But if you just have graveler I wouldn't bother with it. Then again, I have no idea what else it would be good on as 15 minutes isn't too long. At least if you use it for graveler you wouldn't need to waste hearts on it and could save them for meowth, plus whatever time you have left from the item.

And yeah I hear you about advancing. I'm never going to see a platinum profile at this rate. I just need 19 more for Nacht Carnvial and I can move on to the newest stages. At 35K though it's going to be at least a week before I'm ready to start S-ranking again...which means the new special stages are going to appear and need some coins of their own. -_- 

EDIT:

Just couldn't help myself lol. I might be back at 6400 coins...but I was getting too irked at the fact that I hadn't S-ranked Mega Salamence or Mega Aggron. So they're both done now. :D it helps a bit too because Mega Aggron may help me out on some stages I still have to S-rank. 

I'm thinking I get enough items to S-rank a stage and keep going back and forth. That way I feel like I'm being more productive. :dunno: 

I'm so tempted to buy those half priced jewels. I need to stay strong haha.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2017 at 11:17 PM, Aexuz said:

I'm so tempted to buy those half priced jewels. I need to stay strong haha.

lol if I had a source of income I would have no problem putting in $40 to catch up just the one time. I'm still missing 45 pokemon from Desert Umbra to Nacht Carnival. 20 of which are in Violetta Palace alone because I think that particular area has the shittiest catch rates in the game. So once I catch up on S-ranks I can go waste time catching them. Then move on to the Expert Stages. Rapidash was added so I want to go after that soon too. :D (I kinda want to get all 151 original pokemon to Max Level. :giggle: )

From what I see of Prasino Woods, the newest area, there are only 14 new pokemon. If they space out the main stages I have a chance of catching up.

@Aexuz @Satoshi Ookami

2 potential layouts for the new weekend meowth. Neither are my photos I found them on reddit. Used Ray/Eject++ team. Managed 6400 because the +5 was free.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/143412573973250048/307513079938416640/DSC_0301.JPG

^I got this one.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/143412573973250048/307515162531987456/DSC_0304.JPG

A vid by Pak I found interesting. I knew he must have had a massive surplus of MSU, RML, Boosters of all kinds...but it never occurred to me that the game might cap you and anything after 99 goes to waste. :o