J2V_89's Platinum Legacy Remix & no unachievable trophies challenge

J2V89

Nice checklist man, i wanted to like this more than once just because of the Chiddy bang music vid from NFS Hot Pursuit. I platted this game twice :D

Really like this song.

Thanks, that song by Chiddy Bang I knew about it before it was on NFS Hot Pursuit and it's a favorite song of mine. I platinum NFS Hot Pursuit as well which is a lot fun. Glad you like the checklist.  

DLC Update: 

Fallout 3

Point Lookout

Lb6dda2.png

The dlc is ok and can be difficult if your level is under 25. I played this at level 22 and finished at 24. The Power Armor from Operation Anchorage helped me out a lot which made it less difficult for me. Finding each location took a bit of time to do. The framerate and freezing issues can happen a lot because my save file was at 11 mb and only frozed once, I made extra saves and followed the advice guide which helped me get thru it.

Currently playing the Mothership Zeta dlc while working on getting to level 30.

DLC Update: 

Fallout 3 

Mothership Zeta 

Lb6dda2.png

Like how this dlc takes place in space and is fun using alien weapons. Took about 4-5 hours to complete. No freezes luckily and got the alien recordings with no problems.

One more dlc left & Fallout 3 will be at 100%. 

DLC Update & Fallout 3 100%

Broken Steel 

Lb6dda2.png

This dlc was fun and the last mission was pretty long. If you are prepared with good weapons and armor then, it will not be too bad. Getting to Rank 30 I did by playing the other dlc's.

Fallout 3 is my 24th game at 100% that requires dlc's. I had so much fun even though it frozed on me 7 times but it's an amazing game to complete for my collection. One of my top 10 games on PS3 for sure. Made the Vault Boy proud. 

DLC Update:

Fallout: New Vegas

Honest Hearts

Le2a717.png

I enjoyed this dlc and I started it at level 8 and it got me to level 16 by the end. It was short although it freezed on me at times which was a bit of a pain. Joshua Graham my companion during the last mission kept on killing the enemies and I did very little lol.

Fallout: New Vegas is a lot of fun & hopefully I can make it through and earn the 100% despite freezing issues. 

Nice work on all this Fallout related DLC. Getting a 100% on all of a Fallout games trophies is really satisfying and usually a fun experience. Except hunting down the ingots...That just sucked and took too long

Thanks, it is satisfying indeed. The ingots took me awhile since I missed a few when I was near 100 and had to look for them. 

Now that PS2 games can be played on PS4 with trophy support it means that now I have a PS2 backlog. Looking forward to playing and completing GTA III, Vice City, Twisted Metal Black, The Mark Of Kri, Dark Cloud & War Of The Monsters with trophy support. 

Update:

Twisted Metal Black 100%

L5d1d91.png

My very first PS2 game completed on PS4. I played a few of the Twisted Metal games as a kid but never played Black. What I liked about the game was the characters stories and it's crazy by the time I finished it. Not sure why it didn't have a platinum but oh well lol. Proud to beaten and completed it.

Update: 

War Of The Monsters 100%

Lb37129.png

Enjoyment: 8

100% Difficulty: 2/10

Personal Rating: 80

I remember back in 2003 when this game had a commercial that aired on TV. At first I wasn't really interested in it but found out many years later it was actually a good game. The trophies for this game are very easy and 1 trophy will require you to unlock all the skins which is a bit of a grind to do but it's not too bad. I completed every monsters stories which was fun. Only issues about the game is that it does get a bit repetitive and it's not too challenging.

Edited by J2V_89

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

#96 Life Is Strange

Ld80014.png

This is a good game with a good story. The first 2 episodes were ok but the last 3 were better. I like how you can rewind time and time travel which leads to changing the past, present, and future. It was a great experience.

Proud to have this as my 1st platinum of 2016 and looking forward to many new games this year.

• 2 months later...

Update: 

#97 Tales From The Borderlands

1L2ee2ae.png

Enjoyment: 9

Personal Difficulty: 1

Personal Rating: 89

Recommend: Yes

It's been awhile since I last updated my checklist and I recently got this platinum. The story was very good and funny which I strongly recommend.

Very soon I'll be at my 100th platinum which I'm excited for and I got this platinum today which is 5 years now since I had my account. It's a good feeling. 

• 3 weeks later...

Update: 

#98 Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare

1L059d6c.png

Platinum Difficulty: 3

Personal Rating: 83

This game was good but not as great as the other Call Of Duty games I played. The story was interesting and having Kevin Spacey as the villain is nice although the story could have been better. Veteran difficulty was not really difficult as much for the single player. The platinum is not really hard but exo survival can take some time to get the trophies. Exo Survivor trophy gave me a bit of trouble but it wasn't too bad.

Only 2 more platinums till the 100th so I know what it will be. In the words of DJ Khaled he would say....

anotheronelol.JPG

Update:

#99 Battlefield 4

1Lc4dcd7.png

Platinum Difficulty: 4

Personal Rating: 85

This is one of the first games to come out for the PS4 back in 2013 and it's also my very 1st PS4 game I got. The story was ok but fun to play even though it felt short. The hardest difficulty was really that hard honestly. Getting these trophies are pretty easy and a few can be a pain mostly the assignments for the campaign and the bomb squad trophy for multiplayer. Multiplayer is a lot of fun honestly and at first I wasn't sure I'd enjoy it but it was good. Whenever I do the dlc's for the 100% I'll go back to it. I strongly recommend it.

And now it's time for me to go for my 100th platinum. 

Edited by J2V_89
  • Like 1

Update: 

#100 Grand Theft Auto III

PS2 Platinum #1

1L0ccc83.png

At long last I have now made it to my 100th platinum

Platinum Difficulty 4/10

Personal Rating: 97

I chose Grand Theft Auto III as my 100th platinum because it was my very 1st PS2 game I gotten long ago and wanted this as my 1st PS2 platinum. This game at the time improved from the first 2 games in the series a lot. After GTA III every GTA game has evolved and managed to top each other with every new sequel. The story is still great, fun and it's nice to go back and get this platinum for my collection. Although the game is old now, it will always be my top favorite PS2 game.

RIP to Sean Price

RIP to Guru from Gang Starr who played 8-Ball

Edited by J2V_89
  • Like 1

Update:

Max Payne 100%

#1 PS2 100%

L7a9710.png

100% Difficulty: 5/10 without cheats (2/10 with cheats) 

Personal Rating: 87

A classic PS2 game from 2001 that I had great memories back in the day. The story is pretty good and one of the first games to use the bullet time effect like in The Matrix movies. I liked the bullet time and shoot dodging a lot. On PS2 the game loading screens took about 15-20 secs while playing it on PS4 it's really fast.

Update: 

#101 Bully

PS2 Platinum #2

1L3b428e.png

Platinum Difficulty: 3/10

For my #2 PS2 platinum I chose Bully. Long ago I played the scholarship edition on 360 which was a bit more longer. On that version it had many more new things added that the PS2 version didn't have such as new classes but unfortunately it was very glitchy and crashed a lot. 100% completion was required and I did that. For this version there was no need for 100% completion so I didn't mind. Story was great and done well. It has that GTA feeling but in a school setting. I recommend this game and it's very fun. If there is a sequel someday I would be happy but if not it's ok with me.

• 1 month later...

Update: 

#102 Psychonauts

#PS2 Platinum #2

1L8dfed1.png

Platinum Difficulty: 4

This game came out back in 2005 and heard many great things about it. I never got the chance to play it back then which I should have. This game has a great story with great humor in it. Combat is a lot of fun and the characters are good. It has some missible trophies so back up a lot. The collectibles can be annoying mostly those that are floating in the air so there is a lot to collect. Very fun game in which I'm glad I got to play it finally and complete it. I like how this game requires a 100% completion of everything you must do in order to platinum it. Glad to see a sequel will be coming in a few years.

Since it has the word Psycho in it, I might as well put this video

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

#103 Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered 

1L54495c.png

Platinum Difficulty: 5

DLC: 

100% Difficulty: 6

One of my favorite game series on PS3 that I enjoyed ended up get remastered on PS4. The story of this game was good, funny and amazing to play just like I remember on PS3 long ago. Earning this platinum again was fun and also added dlc trophies. The new brutal difficulty felt insane on certain chapters which really did test my patience because you die in 1-2 hits. Managed to platinum and 100% which is a great feeling.  

I really enjoyed the Fallout theme to your checklist and congrats on the new plat! 

You're going to get to 200 in no time at this rate

Thanks, I went with the Fallout theme because Bethesda studios is located in my state so I gotta show some love. The road to 200 platinums continues as I face roadblocks along the way with online servers on PS3 games. I'm having a lot of fun.

• Like 1

Update: 

#104 Zero Time Dilemma

1L33ae3c.png

Platinum Difficulty: 1/10

Personal Rating: 90

This game is a must to be experienced. If you are looking for a great story, for sure you'll get it.

#105 & #106 Rayman Legends PS3 & PS4

1Le0c262.png

Platinum Difficulty: 5/10

Personal Rating: 91

After many months of playing this because of the final level of awesomeness trophy for both versions, I finally have gotten the platinums. Be prepared to spent at least 3-6 months playing this if you want this platinum. My main motivation was the online trophies and the grind. I just wanted to get through it and not face a server closure. Game was a lot of fun. 

Edited by J2V_89
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Update: 

#107 Rayman Legends PS Vita

1Lec29bc.png

Platinum Difficulty: 7

Personal Rating: 86

I overcame the Champion trophy which required to get a diamond cup on the online challenges. It's the toughest version to platinum because of it but very glad to have gotten it. All online trophies done for each version.

• 1 month later...

Update:

:platinum:  #108 Code: Realize ~Guardian Of Rebirth

1L3dde90.png

Platinum Difficulty: 1

Personal Rating: 89

This is a very good VN and heard that it was great which made me decide to play it. The game's story was great although it does require 5 playthroughs and has missibles. The game can be done in a few hours if you decide to skip everything but there is no fun in doing that I feel. If you are looking for a good VN game, this is a good pick.