Who or What inspire you... And why? Just pondering

C-Kanra

My grandmother really inspires me. She was diagnosed with stage-4 lung cancer and given 1 year to live. This was back in 2012 and she's still alive and kicking. She's always telling me not to let anyone limit me but me and uses herself as an example. She's told me she's thought of suicide just to get away from the pain from the cancer but says as long as she can make others happy, it's not her time to die yet. I find her attitude in the face of an unwinnable battle really inspiring. It sounds kinda childish, but I feel like if she could raise her kids alone after her first husband died; rise back from homelessness; and outlive the doctor's estimate of her death, that no matter how difficult an obstacle may seem, it can be overcome.

• Like 2

Can it be a video game character? I didn't think it was possible to admire a fictional character so much as I admire Joel, from my most beloved game. He's like a superhero to me. I admire him and he inspires me, because he is reminder that we should always follow our heart no matter what. He is so brave. I admire him so much and he means so much to me, that one day, if I ever have a son, I will call him Joel, the name of my hero.

Don't act like you didn't expect this. :P

Nah on a more serious note I find that I mainly get inspired from music, video games, and anime. Usually it's because there's something I end up relating to and makes me look at my life and try and better it. Unfortunately in the real world there's no one that I know that I can look up to or anything like that. :/

Don't act like you didn't expect this. :P

Nah on a more serious note I find that I mainly get inspired from music, video games, and anime. Usually it's because there's something I end up relating to and makes me look at my life and try and better it. Unfortunately in the real world there's no one that I know that I can look up to or anything like that. :/

I have a better one, this guy can inspire anyone.

Now on topic; only person I have found to inspire me is myself, it's only if I want to do something, I do it, no random person is gonna give me anymore inspiration to something if it's not something I'm interested in doing myself first of all.

I'm the same way. Even if it's from works of fiction, sometimes it can really help you relate and reflect on yourself. I don't really look up to people in real life...I'm not really sure why. I guess I just haven't found that person yet.

• Like 1

Hmmmmm, inspiration, eh?

These people inspires me to improve many things in my life

Jim Lee: He's the perfect comic book artist, all of his art is impressive.

Greg Capullo: Another comic book artist, this guy has a really dark style.

Marc Silvestri: Guess what? yeah, another comic book artist, his art is just impressive, he has a great imagination.

Brian Haberlin: Digital Colorist, vibrant and dark, bows**

Koshi Rikudo: Mangaka, he created one of the best manga books ever, Excel Saga (not the same as the anime)

This guy is really a twisted one.

Alfred Hitchcock

Stanley Kubrick

Quentin Tarantino

all of them, great directors, 'nuff said

Edited by cadaver_no_life

Music is great when running! It gives adrenaline. I could not run without it ^_^

When you running the best thing that I'm doing all time is to write the name of two members of your family on your two hands. And then when you are running, you know why you are running and for who.

Kanra

• Like 1

Can it be a video game character? I didn't think it was possible to admire a fictional character so much as I admire Joel, from my most beloved game. He's like a superhero to me. I admire him and he inspires me, because he is reminder that we should always follow our heart no matter what. He is so brave. I admire him so much and he means so much to me, that one day, if I ever have a son, I will call him Joel, the name of my hero.

lol, Joel is no hero...

Joel is my hero, because he is an anti-hero. His most controversial actions are what make him my hero. I have my reasons, like I always have when I say something...  ;)

He's a cold-blooded murderer, torturer, former hunter (who preyed on and probably killed innocent men, women, and children), and completely lied to Ellie. Don't get me wrong he's a fantastic character and one of my favorites but a hero to you? Seems a bit odd but hey, who am I to judge.  :eyebrow:

He's a cold-blooded murderer, torturer, former hunter (who preyed on and probably killed innocent men, women, and children), and completely lied to Ellie. Don't get me wrong he's a fantastic character and one of my favorites but a hero to you? Seems a bit odd but hey, who am I to judge.  :eyebrow:

I assume Joel is a hero to Golden because he is a survivor. You may say he's a cold blooded killer. But look at where he is. What has happened to him. Guy has to survive, and you know what? Against all odds, against actual asshole humans in that game, killer 'zombies' and all sorts, he did. Not only that but he kept true to his word to protect Ellie, even when a cold hearted person would have tossed her aside. It's his strength, his unwillingness to just give in, that makes him the sort of person that would inspire you. You don't have to be a good guy like Link, to show that through determination and sheer grit, you can survive anything, you can keep going, for those you care about. 

Just my thoughts. 

• Like 1

I assume Joel is a hero to Golden because he is a survivor. You may say he's a cold blooded killer. But look at where he is. What has happened to him. Guy has to survive, and you know what? Against all odds, against actual asshole humans in that game, killer 'zombies' and all sorts, he did. Not only that but he kept true to his word to protect Ellie, even when a cold hearted person would have tossed her aside. It's his strength, his unwillingness to just give in, that makes him the sort of person that would inspire you. You don't have to be a good guy like Link, to show that through determination and sheer grit, you can survive anything, you can keep going, for those you care about. 

Just my thoughts. 

I get that, and you've made good points. But when the world has fallen apart and survival is the primal instinct that drives people, that doesn't mean one has to give up their humanity. Look at Joel's brother Tommy for a moment; he's a guy who has survived without having to sacrifice his humanity like Joel has, or resort to cruel methods that have in fact frightened Tommy when he was with his brother. Same goes for characters like Glenn or Morgan from TWD who are strong survivors but don't lose their soul to uncompromising brutality.

And sure Joel could have tossed Ellie aside but I feel the reason he hung onto her was to fill the empty void he had when he lost his daughter. Hadn't that happened, I think he would have been more complacent in getting rid of her.

But anyways that's my stance on the subject. Know that I'm not trying to dissuade you on your beliefs, GoldenSurprise, nor am I judging you based off them. I just enjoy a good debate, and it's a joy to talk to a fellow Last of Us enthusiast.  ;)