Rest In Peace, Andy Griffith

Parker

I saw the local CBS channel break in with the most minimalist attempt at reverence...they played the opening of the Andy Griffith show with Andy and "Opie" walking down the dirt road...then the quick photo with the born/died dates...nothing else.

But hell, it wasn't like he was an American ICON like Whitney Houston who had break-in coverage to a holiday special when she OD'ed in a hotel bathroom after a life of abusing drugs. Gawd knows SHE was the TRUE American ICON...deserving of special notice at the emmy's, special news coverage, and extra special media love, until the drug report came back in...

• Like 3

I'm right there with you. I still can't believe that she got that much media coverage, but it just goes to show you how ridiculous people today are. People like drama and trash (that's why shows like Jersey Shore and The Real Housewives are so popular) and that's exactly what Houston was. I hope TV Land will run an Andy Griffith marathon because they are the only channel I've seen run that show in years and this seems like a great time to do an Andy Griffith and Don Knotts tribute.

image.jpg

Parker

• Like 2

I saw the local CBS channel break in with the most minimalist attempt at reverence...they played the opening of the Andy Griffith show with Andy and "Opie" walking down the dirt road...then the quick photo with the born/died dates...nothing else.

But hell, it wasn't like he was an American ICON like Whitney Houston who had break-in coverage to a holiday special when she OD'ed in a hotel bathroom after a life of abusing drugs. Gawd knows SHE was the TRUE American ICON...deserving of special notice at the emmy's, special news coverage, and extra special media love, until the drug report came back in...

So true. I had no clue who Whitney Houston was before I heard about her death. Andy Griffith however, EVERYONE knows. A true American icon. Rest in peace dear sir.

It is a sad thing indeed. I grew up watching Andy Griffith and have used many of his fatherly techniques on my own children. He is definitely an iconic legend as show "The Andy Griffith Show" is still yet being shown over a half a century later.

RIP