Shopkeeper tips?

VirtualNight

i found a vid for killing the first shopkeeper, ok but...for the next ones? they are angry already and looks impossible to kill them, some of them are waiting me at the end of the stage, any tips?

Don't anger them, you can go through it without the best equipments and still succeed easily after a couple hours trying. The shotgun is not worth the hassle, unless you are already on the temple.

For Speedlunky, it's better not to anger them, however it's easier to have a better time if you steal a compass, a jetpack, a shotgun, bombs and paste, and of course if you manage to evade every shopkeeper on later levels.

To dogde shopkeepers at the exit of the levels, assuming you have a shotgun, always shoot your shotgun from some distance until you think the shopkeeper is dead, it takes 3 shots to kill him since he has about 10 hearts and shotgun shots have a damage of 4 hearts. If you are lucky sometimes the shopkeepers will fall on spiketraps or will be eaten by mantraps which can be kill with one shot killing the shopkeeper inside.

You guys will get better at dodging shopkeepers with time, check videos on youtube.

Edited by Deceptrox

I have a tip that might help, when your standing on the object closets to the exit of the shop click circle and X at the same time. This will make you jump on the shopkeeper giving you enough time to grab the shotgun he dropped then finish him off. Always works for me ...

I think that steal from shopkeepers is very important, because I want get the Big Money trophy too during my run to hell and I want to be equipped very well, with a lot of bombs and glue for Yama, usually I'm unluck because I get a level where I'm exactly above the exit where a shopkeeper is waiting me and is jumping already, plus the compass is very rare (at least for me) so I get it very few times :( and I really like the shotgun which makes the game easier, once I managed to reach the Ice world where I used the Kahn, but after that I lost my shotgun, is there a way to don't lose it? it can be helpful against Anubis .

Another thing: I saw a vid for getting infinite health by staying close to a mummy, does this still work? it could be very important during the hell world.

Edited by VirtualNight

• 2 weeks later...

I think that steal from shopkeepers is very important, because I want get the Big Money trophy too during my run to hell and I want to be equipped very well, with a lot of bombs and glue for Yama, usually I'm unluck because I get a level where I'm exactly above the exit where a shopkeeper is waiting me and is jumping already, plus the compass is very rare (at least for me) so I get it very few times :( and I really like the shotgun which makes the game easier, once I managed to reach the Ice world where I used the Kahn, but after that I lost my shotgun, is there a way to don't lose it? it can be helpful against Anubis .

Another thing: I saw a vid for getting infinite health by staying close to a mummy, does this still work? it could be very important during the hell world.

The infinite health still works while you have the Kapala equipped but I saw you already know this. I recommend not going for Big money & Hell and back at the same time, unless you really want to.

The big money is easier when you "ghost" your gems. Jetpack recommended! There is 1 vault every area (mines, jungle, ice cave, etc.). Try to lure the ghost over the gems which are in the vault's chests for instant 70-80k. You will get the Big money trophy somewhere in the ice caves with this method.

You can hire a helping hand to carry the shotgun but this is not a safe tactic :)

Edited by A1rPun
  • Like 1

The infinite health still works while you have the Kapala equipped but I saw you already know this. I recommend not going for Big money & Hell and back at the same time, unless you really want to.

The big money is easier when you "ghost" your gems. Jetpack recommended! There is 1 vault every area (mines, jungle, ice cave, etc.). Try to lure the ghost over the gems which are in the vault's chests for instant 70-80k. You will get the Big money trophy somewhere in the ice caves with this method.

You can hire a helping hand to carry the shotgun but this is not a safe tactic :)

Well, I'm really unluck with levels, jetpack is the rarest item I can find, usually I need about 50 attempts before find it somewhere, if before1-4 I don't find it or Kali (to sacrifice my 2 others characters and get the Kapala) I restart...I think that I must try those 2 trophies at once, because for both jetpack is very important and I just have to get the gems while playing for reaching the hell, I died always at the last main world because if I have a jetpack or the kapala I haven't many bombs (because shopkeepers haven't them) and i must follow the not blocked ways where is full of traps and enemies where i die :(

Well, I'm really unluck with levels, jetpack is the rarest item I can find, usually I need about 50 attempts before find it somewhere, if before1-4 I don't find it or Kali (to sacrifice my 2 others characters and get the Kapala) I restart...I think that I must try those 2 trophies at once, because for both jetpack is very important and I just have to get the gems while playing for reaching the hell, I died always at the last main world because if I have a jetpack or the kapala I haven't many bombs (because shopkeepers haven't them) and i must follow the not blocked ways where is full of traps and enemies where i die :(

The best strategy to get a jetpack is speedrun 1-1 and check the store in 1-2. If there isn't a jetpack just restart & do this until you get one. This doesn't take more than ~10 tries.

Just pickup the jetpack & fly out of the store, if that is not possible try the method in the .gif. You need to practice it because you can easily screw up.

k8qtU4J.gif

More tips

My strategy to going to hell is to don't angry the shopkeepers. Just buy the stuff you need or get some items from Kali. You need 50k for the Ankh in the black market so don't buy stuff too soon. Sticky bombs are very important!

PS: You have an awesome profile :)

Edited by A1rPun

Use this video for tips: 

For someone who so proudly puts in his sig that completed ninja gaiden without twirl, I expected more from you than this crying over jetpack and shotgun. Those 2 items are very powerful, that is the reason why they are so intentionally rare.

This video about the mummy health increase: 

Stacking Hell and 500k is a horrible idea, even more if you are intending to kill all shopkeepers. It's horribly easy to get killed by the headless chicken running around with their shotguns.

The best strategy to get a jetpack is speedrun 1-1 and check the store in 1-2. If there isn't a jetpack just restart & do this until you get one. This doesn't take more than ~10 tries.

Just pickup the jetpack & fly out of the store, if that is not possible try the method in the .gif. You need to practice it because you can easily screw up.

k8qtU4J.gif

More tips

My strategy to going to hell is to don't angry the shopkeepers. Just buy the stuff you need or get some items from Kali. You need 50k for the Ankh in the black market so don't buy stuff too soon. Sticky bombs are very important!

PS: You have an awesome profile :)

Use this video for tips: 

For someone who so proudly puts in his sig that completed ninja gaiden without twirl, I expected more from you than this crying over jetpack and shotgun. Those 2 items are very powerful, that is the reason why they are so intentionally rare.

This video about the mummy health increase: 

Stacking Hell and 500k is a horrible idea, even more if you are intending to kill all shopkeepers. It's horribly easy to get killed by the headless chicken running around with their shotguns.

I know what should I do to get the jetpack but it is very rare, and have enough gold to buy the Kahn, ,jeypack, ropes and bombs is almost impossible, all things that you can find only in the first world, rarely in the second world and almost never in the 3rd world, but after something like 600 deaths I chose to try this...I haven't problems with the first shopkeeper as i said in the first post.

NG and Spelunky are a total different thing lol and this game depends almost all from luck, and since I'm the king of trophies bugged, well this says how much I'm unluck.

I have over 800 deaths, I thought I could finish this in few time to focus on another hard platinum, but I was wrong and this thing is annoying.

Edited by VirtualNight

I have over 800 deaths, I thought I could finish this in few time to focus on another hard platinum, but I was wrong and this thing is annoying.

I have around 700 and killed Olmec 3 times already under 8 minutes, only to get bumped into lava, combo thrown by a yeti and thrown into a human flytrap. I couldn't agree more with you when you say that this thing is annoying, because it really is. The game isn't hard anymore, it's just a matter of luck to beat it. I don't know you, but I had several 7HP runs that I was like I GOT THIS only to be shot by an airtrap into spikes. Speechless doesn't even describes how sad I was.

Just like you, I just want to be done with this. Isn't fun anymore, so many insta kill sections there. Stun times are too long, often I get 1 stupid hit and keep bouncing and bouncing until I stop right next to a tiki statue, only to meet my demise. I'm sure you have many stories to tell as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I'm' close to finish this, I chose to do the 500K gold and the hell run together, I did the first one and I reached the hell twice with angry shopkeepers without the health trick, I wasn't lucky to do that (I died in the hell just because it was a new world for me, but I see Yama very easy, I just use the shotgun at beginning and bombs at the end), I'm' using 3 characters so I can sacrifice two of them to Kali and get the Kapala easily, the only bad thing is that by doing this I don't appear in leaderboards, but I don't care because they are hacked :facepalm:

Edited by VirtualNight

Ok I'm' close to finish this, I chose to do the 500K gold and the hell run together, I did the first one and I reached the hell twice with angry shopkeepers without the health trick, I wasn't lucky to do that (I died in the hell just because it was a new world for me, but I see Yama very easy, I just use the shotgun at beginning and bombs at the end), I'm' using 3 characters so I can sacrifice two of them to Kali and get the Kapala easily, the only bad thing is that by doing this I don't appear in leaderboards, but I don't care because they are hacked :facepalm:

You did it! Did you do both trophies in one run?

You did it! Did you do both trophies in one run?

No, when I got the 500K then I died :/, but even for the hell run I stole from shopkeepers, in the 4th and 5th world they kept dying as soon as the level began, I used the Vlad's amulet too just to be sure, I had 25 hearths when I reached Yama, but I activated my moron moment and I lost 20 hearths in 1 minute, but at least I finished this game, before reaching something like 400 deaths it was funny.

In total I died over 1000 times.

Edited by VirtualNight
  • Like 1

Whoever still need the 500K and the hell run or who is new on the game, you have 2 ways (summarizing the advices given me in this thread and personal considerations):

1- don't steal or attack shopkeeper, buy the Kahn and the jetpack if possible (in my first run to the hell I hadn't the jetpack so isn't essential), this way depends a lot from luck for how many shopkeeper you can find, what they sell and if you have enough gold to buy bombs and other things, plus is impossible get 500K gold here so you'll need 2 separate runs

2 (what I did)- find a jetpack in 1-2 and make shopkeepers angry, focus on the strategy to get the 500K but at same time pay attention to the things that you must do to go to the hell, don't forget to get the Kapala and use the health trick in 4-x levels, personally I found very easy make a hole in the floor where the mummy is, put yourself down and get the health (or whatever it is) that the mummy drops down, keep jumping and fling little up (not to much or the mummy will hit you) if the mummy walks to the hole instead of shooting, obviously the mummy must be on the edge of the hole otherwise the green health won't reach you.
With this way you'll have a lot of things and bombs (since shopkeepers will be angry you can get all the items in theyr shops)

In the hell world get the Vlad's amulet, it is very important so that you won't get damage from lava or magma's men, during my last run to the hell Yama got me and I landed inside the lava but thanks to the amulet I wasn't dead.

There are some vids about the health trick done in different ways, but get inspiration from this, which shows what I said, is the easiest to do, 100% safe and very fast 1 health up:

Edited by VirtualNight
  • Like 1