GMT -2 displays GMT -3 time...

I use GMT -3 time but some days ago we started to use the summer time. So officially Brazil now uses GMT -2. Since GMT -3 stills in  GMT -3 time I had to change my fuse to GMT -2 time. But idk why GMT -2 time displays the same time as GMT -3...

Wish you guys fix it so i can fix some gaming sessions time.

• Like 1

The clocks went back an hour in the UK (Which is Grenwich Mean Time 0) on Sunday, which may have something to do with the numbers not correlating. Although I've no idea what happens to the rest of the world when our clocks go back! I've never thought about it that way around!

Edited by Half-H3ro

The clocks went back an hour in the UK (Which is Grenwich Mean Time 0) on Sunday, which may have something to do with the numbers not correlating. Although I've no idea what happens to the rest of the world when our clocks go back! I've never thought about it that way around!

Usually, we (US and most of the Western Hemisphere) switch one week after Europe. So next week, everything should be back on track.

• Like 1

I just checked with some gaming sessions and it seems to be working fine.

Also checked with some trophies I earned during DST and after and all times match what is displayed on PS4.

The "-3 GMT" displayed in the timezone list doesn't factor in DST so that region could currently be -2 GMT until DST ends.

Usually, we (US and most of the Western Hemisphere) switch one week after Europe. So next week, everything should be back on track.

Shouldn't make any difference since times are calculated from UTC.

• Like 1

It's pretty much that we're an hour closer/farther from everywhere else until their clocks change. I believe the US clocks go back on November 1st

GMT/UTC doesn't have daylight saving, but most countries' official time / time zones etc usually have. For example where I come from we were UTC+2 until last weekend where we then changed back to UTC+1. Daylight saving is pretty much that you turn the clock an hour ahead.

Edited by MMDE

When you change hour because of the Daylight Saving Time you don't change your GMT +/- value.

Just be sure you have this option flagged on your profile

fa2aeb2.png

I changed my time zone settings on forum and it worked. I had to set that my Time Zone is already in DST. But the real problem is in there...

ezlF1LC.png

seems GMT -3 Buenos Aires and Greenland are not in DST yet. But in Brazil where our standard time is GMT -3 we are already in DST and it works like this http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/brazil/sao-paulo.

Maybe a solution for it would be create a GMT -3 for Brazil...

EDIT:

Also there is another problem. if Stanley is this place then it is not gmt -2. I check the time it gives and it gives exactly the same time as this place http://24timezones.com/world_directory/current_stanley_time.php

if that is the case Stanley should be marked as GMT -3 because of the summer time or gmt -4 because it is its standard time zone.

Edited by Architect-90
  • Like 1

Shouldn't affect the rest of the world since UK isn't always GMT. Before the clocks went back the UK was actually on BST (British Summer Time) which is GMT+1. Now that they've went back it once again lines up with GMT.

What I mean is that whether DST is in effect or not, your GMT is still the same. Mine is and will always be GMT+1 (I'm talking about the forum setting). DST is just a separate additional modifier.

If the site didn't offset correctly your time there might be a problem with the source it is using to keep track of the DST changes around the world :dunno:

And it's not always precise because some countries decide just a few days before the actual change :dunno:

Edited by Doctor Doom

What I mean is that whether DST is in effect or not, your GMT is still the same. Mine is and will always be GMT+1 (I'm talking about the forum setting). DST is just a separate additional modifier.

If the site didn't offset correctly your time there might be a problem with the source it is using to keep track of the DST changes around the world :dunno:

And it's not always precise because some countries decide just a few days before the actual change :dunno:

I see. But the problem is not with the forum. The problem is in the the feature that gives my time for gaming sessions...

It works using the GMT and DST settings of your forum's account ^^

From my experience in regards to the issue addressed and Gaming Sessions, No, it Doesn't.

It's just as the picutre from TC shows. Guy explained it all.

I come here today for the same reason as TC. There is sometime now that I also have some trouble with psnprofiles when it comes to "Brazilian Summer time" or "Daylight Saving Time", or whatever it is called down here or up there, it's basically the same thing, but it is very troubling having to adjust your sessions or calculating each session you may want to join while also taking in account people Of different GMT's that are there already or may join, or if you have to change the time or someome asks it, etc.

Edited by LawferJuver

You guys probably have an irregular schedule for when your time changes, or you have multiple areas that change at different times (since Brazil is rather large) and only one is internationally recognized?

:dunno:

http://www.timeanddate.com/time/dst/2015.html

70ac1ce.png

On this site it's actually shown that some areas of Brazil don't change times this year. Could this be the problem?

Edited by Doctor Doom

You guys probably have an irregular schedule for when your time changes, or you have multiple areas that change at different times (since brazil is rather large) and only one is internationally recognized?

Kinda right there. We DO have states/provinces that don't go into DST (Like (I guess all) Northern and some of the Northeast states Of Brazil, e.g., Acre, Amazonas, Amapá, Roraima).

To be Honest, I guess Acre even has a different Timestamp on it, as it is on the very edge Of inland Brazil.

Our "official Brazilian Hour" is announced by the Capital (Brasília) obviously, but, as I already saw in many websites, São Paulo time seems to be the most recognized outside Of Brasil,I.e., there is an option to set your time to this city's clock (But its clock is just as the same as Brasília in reality, as in "it is Brasília whom tells São Paulo the time to follow").

But as TC suggested, an option "GMT-3 São Paulo" would made it better, since we cannot relay so truthfully to "GMT-3 Buenos Aires" or the others close, like Greenland or Stanley etc to adjust this, when they would go in or out of DST, or not use it at all, at the same time we just go out or in DST.

Another option would be to add a DST on/off Button on this settings window that opens on the site/gaming sessions pages, because as I said, from experience, it doesn't seem to correlate that well with the forum time/DST options.

(Don't know if you people are getting my point or if it just confuses you the more I try to explain and add them examples.)

Edited by LawferJuver

You guys probably have an irregular schedule for when your time changes, or you have multiple areas that change at different times (since Brazil is rather large) and only one is internationally recognized?

http://www.timeanddate.com/time/dst/2015.html

70ac1ce.png

On this site it's actually shown that some areas of Brazil don't change times this year. Could this be the problem

in brazil we use 3 diferent fuses. GMT -2. only 1 state GMT -3 Most of the states and GMT -4. In the GMT -3 region we are already in summer time. these states that are listed in there are from GMT-4 region. and they wont go for summer time.

As you can see in the picture most of the locations are in summer time bcuz most of the locations in brazil use the Brasilia time. it started in 10/18/2015 and it ends in 02/22/2016.