Hard or Normal?

Sir_Bee

Hard or Normal?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which difficulty did you choose?

• Hard
    • Normal

• 2 weeks later...

There really isn't a big difference between normal and hard as far as I've heard. What I've heard is that they are rounding numbers up instead of down or something. It does make some difference, but not much. I just played on normal, you get a good enough challenge there.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Either I suck or I chose hard, I honestly can't remember

It usually comes down to killing your enemy as fast as possible. There are like 4-5 fights that are any hard in the entire game IMO. Those would be the last boss fight, some post-game normal enemies that are far above your level but you need to kill to increase the level cap, and an optional extra super boss that requires that's not required for any trophies. In fact, the game doesn't even require you to level fully up or get all the level caps increases to get the platinum. The game can also have some difficulty when you first unlock a good chunk when collecting stuff before the last boss. Else, I recommend going against as high leveled enemies as you can when you grind. Meet them in small packs, and you should be fine. Also, extremely useful, learn and use attacks that has a big area of effect and can be used from far away your enemy. This way you can basically take out or at least attack most of your enemies from your starting position in the fight. There are also attacks that allow you to move as you attack, saving you tons of turns. Extremely useful IIRC.

Sometimes, it may be very wise to defend as your last turn on each character's move. I know one of the first bosses in the game, a bee or something, requires you to defend to even survive the enemy's attack. If you're underleveled, you only got one turn, so then you either gotta pick to attack or defend, IE you can't kill the boss that way! :P You need to level up to get another turn.

Speed is the most important stat in the game, by far. Whenever you can, level up speed. The HP (and I think maybe MP) is just a total waste of ability points until you gets tons of it near the end of the game and totally in the post-game. It simply cost too much for the little gain you get from it. It's just something you'd waste your points on if you had a lot extra laying around for no reason and tons more incoming.

Level to level 500 sounds like it's going to take forever, but I think 350 to 500 took me like 2 hours or something. :P

• Like 1

It usually comes down to killing your enemy as fast as possible. There are like 4-5 fights that are any hard in the entire game IMO. Those would be the last boss fight, some post-game normal enemies that are far above your level but you need to kill to increase the level cap, and an optional extra super boss that requires that's not required for any trophies. In fact, the game doesn't even require you to level fully up or get all the level caps increases to get the platinum. The game can also have some difficulty when you first unlock a good chunk when collecting stuff before the last boss. Else, I recommend going against as high leveled enemies as you can when you grind. Meet them in small packs, and you should be fine. Also, extremely useful, learn and use attacks that has a big area of effect and can be used from far away your enemy. This way you can basically take out or at least attack most of your enemies from your starting position in the fight. There are also attacks that allow you to move as you attack, saving you tons of turns. Extremely useful IIRC.

Sometimes, it may be very wise to defend as your last turn on each character's move. I know one of the first bosses in the game, a bee or something, requires you to defend to even survive the enemy's attack. If you're underleveled, you only got one turn, so then you either gotta pick to attack or defend, IE you can't kill the boss that way! :P You need to level up to get another turn.

Speed is the most important stat in the game, by far. Whenever you can, level up speed. The HP (and I think maybe MP) is just a total waste of ability points until you gets tons of it near the end of the game and totally in the post-game. It simply cost too much for the little gain you get from it. It's just something you'd waste your points on if you had a lot extra laying around for no reason and tons more incoming.

Level to level 500 sounds like it's going to take forever, but I think 350 to 500 took me like 2 hours or something. :P

Thanks for the advice! I plan to re-buy the game soon on PS4, so when I do I'll give this another read c: