Has anyone cracked this nut yet?

I mean, obviously no one has completely, but does anyone have any ideas in regards to... ANYTHING?

Like, what are the best ways to get the individual awards?

What are the best settings you need to get the Hard diffculty trophies? Hell, what are the MINIMUM requirements?

Do they stack?

Can the online help?

Any way to build up your character on one playthrough, seeing as to how you character doesn't carry over to a New Game+?

Edited by RedRodriguez87

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't have much info. But I'll put up what I figured out

Lone Soldier trophy - this must be done with default room settings in free battle. custom teams can be used to make this easier. just make a bunch of custom characters and give them no specials to make it easy

Tobioka Arrives and Backstaffed trophies- for these, you have to win the vast majority of matches with your custom character it seems. I'm not sure how many you need to win, I just know you need to win almost everything you possible with your custom character. That will open the 10th level. Beating it will give you the tobioka trophy. Then beating up the staff will get you the backstaffed tropohy

I know beating the game (including 10th level) will give you the full cast assembled trophy. And for the secret outlaw team, you have to use the following code at the Main Menu:

↓↑→↑←↑ start

That's all I have. If anyone can add more, please do

• 2 months later...

I am currently compiling a guide for this game, and I'll post it in as many places as possible when I'm finished. The only thing I haven't really figured out yet is the "Master of all trades", but the Japanese wiki seems to have information on how best to obtain it. I did manage to max all my stats except for Agility on my first Hard playthrough, and that skill was only 1 point short of the maximum. The stat boosts acquired after each chapter seems sort of random though, so I can't really give any tips on what to do yet.

If there's any specific trophies you're wondering about before I post my guide, just ask. I found that most of these trophies come naturally just by playing the various modes and difficulties, even though they may seem confusing at first.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a list of all the things that unlock new characters.

First of all, complete chapter 10 on Easy, Normal, and Hard.

I assume you already are aware that you are not allowed to alter any settings when playing Free Battle, in order to unlock the relevant characters (not even CPU difficulty). Not all of these regular teams unlock characters themselves, but they are still required in order to unlock Tobioka.

Win using these teams:

Akiba High School
Hanazono High School
Hattori High School
International Tryouts
Japan Tryouts
Kagemura High School
Meian High School
Nekketsu High School
Osoreyama High School
Reiho Former Student Council
Reiho High School
Reiho Sports Club
Reiho The Top 4
School Union
Senridai High School
Sigma High School
Tobioca CC
Yurigaoka Girls' High School

Win 4 times in a row using 4 major teams (Nekketsu High School, Hanazono High School, School Union, Reiho High School) (I'd start with this one if you haven't already)

Win using custom teams consisting of these combinations of characters: (Put as many characters as possible in your team, it's often you can't afford all of them)
Heilman, Raochen, Njomo, James
Hiroshi*
Jonny, Raphael, Jimmy
Kunio, Riki
Kunio, Riki, Godai, Jonny
Kunio, Riki, Toraichi, Shibata, Mido
Kunio, Yoritsune, Genei, Ugajin, Saji, Tsuneo
Riki, Godai, Tobiyama, Sadao, Tooru, Yoko
Riki*, Wataru**
Murasaki, Tachibana, Sugata, Gotou, Kunitachi, Tsukasa (You can combine this one with one of the following two)
Murasaki*
Tachibana*
Toraichi
Torazi

* Must be captain
** Must be vice captain

Hope that helps. It's quite a lot to do in Free Battle. I really wish custom levels were allowed.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2017 at 7:29 PM, BoneSatyr said:

I assume you already are aware that you are not allowed to alter any settings when playing Free Battle, in order to unlock the relevant characters (not even CPU difficulty). Not all of these regular teams unlock characters themselves, but they are still required in order to unlock Tobioka.

Win using these teams:

Akiba High School
Hanazono High School
Hattori High School
International Tryouts
Japan Tryouts
Kagemura High School
Meian High School
Nekketsu High School
Osoreyama High School
Reiho High School
Reiho Sports Club
Reiho The Top 4
School Union
Senridai High School
Sigma High School
Tobioca CC

Win 4 times in a row using 4 major teams (Nekketsu High School, Hanazono High School, School Union, Reiho High School) (I'd start with this one if you haven't already)

Win using custom teams consisting of these combinations of characters: (Put as many characters as possible in your team, it's often you can't afford all of them)
Hiroshi*
Jonny, Raphael, Jimmy
Kunio, Riki
Riki*, Wataru**
Murasaki, Tachibana, Sugata, Gotou, Kunitachi, Tsukasa (You can combine this one with one of the following two)
Murasaki*
Tachibana*
Toraichi
Torazi

* Must be captain
** Must be vice captain

Hope that helps. It's quite a lot to do in Free Battle. I really wish custom levels were allowed.

Ah NOW I see the ones I were missing ( Toraichi and Torazi unmasked). Now I FINALLY have that horde of friends trophy and feel safe coming back to finish for the plat. Thank you VERY much bone.

On 8/23/2017 at 6:29 PM, BoneSatyr said:

Win using these teams:

Akiba High School
Hanazono High School
Hattori High School
International Tryouts
Japan Tryouts
Kagemura High School
Meian High School
Nekketsu High School
Osoreyama High School
Reiho High School
Reiho Sports Club
Reiho The Top 4
School Union
Senridai High School
Sigma High School
Tobioca CC

Hiroshi*
Jonny, Raphael, Jimmy
Kunio, Riki
Riki*, Wataru**
Murasaki*
Tachibana*
Toraichi
Torazi

* Must be captain
** Must be vice captain

I know you said that you were working on a guide for this game.  Any luck with that?  If anything, I was looking towards a road map on where to start at, trophy wise.  Any help is appreciated 

I'm finished with the barebone text for all trophies, I just haven't had time to put it together into a real guide. 

Here's a short rundown of what you need to be doing, in order to get the platinum as quick as possible.

Start Single Play on Easy, ONLY use your custom character, this will lead to completing chapter 10.

Start Single Play on Normal, ONLY use your custom character, this will lead to completing chapter 10.

Start Single Play on Hard, ONLY use your custom character, this will lead to completing chapter 10. Make sure to kill Double Dragon brothers if you haven't in previous playthroughs.

Create the shortest possible course in Cross Country and Obstacle Relay.

Create 3 teams with 1 custom character in each, with 1 cost each, don't add any points to anyone. 

Create 1 team with 1 custom character, with 1 cost, and add as many points as you are allowed to, mostly in agility, punch, swimming, and endurance.

Start Free Battle (standard settings) against the three teams on Hard, using your own custom team.

Play Free Battle using ALL of the possible combinations I listed above, using standard settings for courses and difficulty.

Start Single Play on Hard, ONLY use your custom character, but this time do everything you can to always come first in every single event (losing 1-3 events might sometimes be acceptable), and aim for "Straight Numbers Score Award" (111, 2222 etc.) and "Most Inspirational Award" (inverted score compared to winner, which should be you anyway, 2442, 1881 etc.). The calculator for your stat boosts is extremely random, and you might need to restart a chapter if you don't get enough (PS button and exit game). Here's a list to help you check if the stat boosts might be sufficient. https://pastebin.com/bagKX4Qk

This step is unnecessary if you do this on your first Hard playthrough, but it will probably take a lot of retries, so you might want to wait until you're sufficiently proficient at the game.

Create a Lobby Match and finish the game.

Play Quick Match and win 100 times. This is extremely time consuming, and there doesn't appear to be many active players at the moment. Expect to spend 40 hours on this, unless you can find 3 other players, then it might only take 30 hours. The only problem with playing with 3 other people is that they probably want to get their 100 wins as well.

Play Free Battle roughly 700 times. Use your super short Obstacle Relay and just spam X button for all choices. ~1 min for each match.

In the unlikely event that you haven't gotten every single award by now, play Free Battle and go for them instead of just trying to win. If you have 4 Dual Shock controllers you can do this very easily, since all 4 players are considered to be you when it comes to trophies.

That's basically it when it comes to the platinum trophy. 

• Like 3

On 9/11/2017 at 6:45 AM, BoneSatyr said:

I'm finished with the barebone text for all trophies, I just haven't had time to put it together into a real guide. 

Here's a short rundown of what you need to be doing, in order to get the platinum as quick as possible.

Start Single Play on Easy, ONLY use your custom character, this will lead to completing chapter 10.

Start Single Play on Normal, ONLY use your custom character, this will lead to completing chapter 10.

Start Single Play on Hard, ONLY use your custom character, this will lead to completing chapter 10. Make sure to kill Double Dragon brothers if you haven't in previous playthroughs.

Create the shortest possible course in Cross Country and Obstacle Relay.

Create 3 teams with 1 custom character in each, with 1 cost each, don't add any points to anyone. 

Create 1 team with 1 custom character, with 1 cost, and add as many points as you are allowed to, mostly in agility, punch, swimming, and endurance.

Start Free Battle (standard settings) against the three teams on Hard, using your own custom team.

Play Free Battle using ALL of the possible combinations I listed above, using standard settings for courses and difficulty.

Start Single Play on Hard, ONLY use your custom character, but this time do everything you can to always come first in every single event (losing 1-3 events might sometimes be acceptable), and aim for "Straight Numbers Score Award" (111, 2222 etc.) and "Most Inspirational Award" (inverted score compared to winner, which should be you anyway, 2442, 1881 etc.). The calculator for your stat boosts is extremely random, and you might need to restart a chapter if you don't get enough (PS button and exit game). Here's a list to help you check if the stat boosts might be sufficient. https://pastebin.com/bagKX4Qk

This step is unnecessary if you do this on your first Hard playthrough, but it will probably take a lot of retries, so you might want to wait until you're sufficiently proficient at the game.

Create a Lobby Match and finish the game.

Play Quick Match and win 100 times. This is extremely time consuming, and there doesn't appear to be many active players at the moment. Expect to spend 40 hours on this, unless you can find 3 other players, then it might only take 30 hours. The only problem with playing with 3 other people is that they probably want to get their 100 wins as well.

Play Free Battle roughly 700 times. Use your super short Obstacle Relay and just spam X button for all choices. ~1 min for each match.

In the unlikely event that you haven't gotten every single award by now, play Free Battle and go for them instead of just trying to win. If you have 4 Dual Shock controllers you can do this very easily, since all 4 players are considered to be you when it comes to trophies.

That's basically it when it comes to the platinum trophy. 

Thank you!  This will definitely go on my to do list

• 1 year later...

Double Dragons subdued - Use Mach Bash and Double Lariat special moves. From the start of the fight, quickly grab a weapon (some weapons do more damage than others) while staying on the right side as enemies spawned in from the left. With a weapon, try to group up enemies and quickly rack up damage using Mach Bash. If you get overwhelmed and lost your weapon, revert to using the Double Lariat through groups of enemies and jumping away if surrounded. Most of the time, avoid the Double Dragon duo and focused on the weaker opponents until you get more back-up. Eventually, most of the fodder opponents will clear out allowing for an easier fight against the Double Dragon duo.

Back Staffed - Use Double Lariat immediately on opponents as soon as they spawn in to prevent too many opponents being around to overwhelm. For opponents already spawned in, move in and out diagonally and use Double Lariat. Once the Double Lariat comes out, quickly move away from opponent diagonally. Jump away if they're still too close. Try to have as much Vitality remaining prior to fighting the Executive Producer as he has quite a bit of Endurance and Vitality and hits quite hard.

Master of all trades - It is highly recommended to get your stats as high as possible in the earlier six rounds. Rounds 8 and later tend to be greedy with rewarding the player with sufficient stats and these events are lengthy and difficult. Try to get as many 1st place finishes on each event as this may reward you with more stat bonuses. My aim was to have my Vitality at least 230 and as many 14s on my stats by the time I finished Chapter 6. If you don't receive sufficient stats after completing a chapter, it's recommended to quit using the XMB as starting the next chapter autosaves the game. Here's a breakdown of the stats I received leading up to me getting all maximum stats:

Stat boost summary

Chapter 1:  Vitality: 170, Punch: 3, Kick: 3, Weapon: 6, Throwing: 6, Agility: 8, Swimming: 8, Endurance: 7

Chapter 2: Vitality: 200, Punch: 7, Kick: 7, Weapon: 9, Throwing: 9, Agility: 10, Swimming: 10, Endurance: 10

Chapter 3:  Vitality: 220, Punch: 12, Kick: 12, Weapon: 12, Throwing: 12, Agility: 12, Swimming: 12, Endurance: 13

Chapter 4:  Vitality: 230, Punch: 12, Kick: 12, Weapon: 13, Throwing: 13, Agility: 13, Swimming: 13, Endurance: 13

Chapter 5:  Vitality: 240, Punch: 13, Kick: 13, Weapon: 13, Throwing: 13, Agility: 13, Swimming: 13, Endurance: 14

Chapter 6:  Vitality: 240, Punch: 13, Kick: 13, Weapon: 14, Throwing: 14, Agility: 14, Swimming: 14, Endurance: 14

Chapter 7:  Vitality: 240, Punch: 13, Kick: 13, Weapon: 14, Throwing: 14, Agility: 14, Swimming: 14, Endurance: 14

Chapter 8:  Vitality: 250, Punch: 14, Kick: 14, Weapon: 14, Throwing: 14, Agility: 15, Swimming: 14, Endurance: 15

Chapter 9:  Vitality: 250, Punch: 14, Kick: 14, Weapon: 15, Throwing: 15, Agility: 15, Swimming: 15, Endurance: 15

Chapter 10:  Vitality: 255, Punch: 15, Kick: 15, Weapon: 15, Throwing: 15, Agility: 15, Swimming: 15, Endurance: 15

Hot Blood Tough Guy - This trophy requires the player to earn 920 points after finishing an event excluding award points. Create 3 teams with 1 custom character in each, with 1 cost each. Then, create a free battle game with 4 matches of Battle Royal. Choose to play against the 3 custom teams on easy difficulty. Select Criminal team and win 1st on all 4 matches which will yield 800 points. Mostly let the opponents duke it out while you rack up 1 point at a time tossing an item against the wall and picking it back up. The goal is to gain an additional 115 points by the end of the last match. On the last match, choose a character on the Criminal team with the Throw Bomb special move. During this final match, defeat all but one opponent; leaving his Vitality low. Afterwards, continue gaining 1 point at a time by picking up and tossing an item. Once you are 5 additional points shy of 120, defeat the last opponent using the Throw Bomb special move (Press Punch + Kick) for the last 5 points. If done correctly, you should finish the event with 920 points and gain the Hot Blood Tough Guy trophy.

Roll in big! (Straight Numbers Score Award)  - This trophy requires the player to earn a score with all the same numbers (ex: 111, 222, 333, etc.) after a match or event excluding award points. Create 3 teams with 1 custom character in each, with 1 cost each. Then, create a free battle game with 1 match of Battle Royal. Choose to play against the 3 custom teams on easy difficulty. Select Criminal team, choose a character with Throw Bomb special move, and win 1st which will yield 200 points. Mostly let the opponents duke it out with the goal of getting an additional 17 points by the time you have one opponent with low Vitality remaining. Once you are at 17 points with one weak opponent left, use the Throw Bomb special move (Press Punch + Kick) to defeat the for the last 5 points. If done correctly, you should finish the event with 222 points and gain the Roll in big! trophy.

Todo Group Special Award - This trophy is mostly random, but I suspect you can't be the winning team. Playing with every character in your team increases the chances of getting this award. It's also possible the team with the least awards is more likely to get this award. I would recommend just replaying chapter 6 in Single Play until you can get this award.

Edited by Zenkoto_
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

Well, it's been four years since I apparently finished the guide, but now I've finally posted it here on PSNProfiles. ? Just waiting for it to be approved. The information should be correct, but all the text was saved in a .txt document, so the formatting might not be the best. Hopefully it's of use to someone at least. 

If anyone gets the "Hot Blood Tough Guy Award", please write down or take a picture of the in-game description of the award, and I'll add it to the guide. It's the only one I forgot to write down way back, since I guess I only got it once.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thank you all for your very, very useful information! I just got Max Status trophy on both Japanese version and international version! Here are my status after each stage.

Japanese version:

Stage 1: Vitality: 170, Punch: 3, Kick: 3, Weapon: 6, Throwing: 6, Agility: 8, Swimming: 8, Endurance: 7 (points: 111)

Stage 2: Vitality: 200, Punch: 7, Kick: 7, Weapon: 8, Throwing: 8, Agility: 11, Swimming: 10, Endurance: 10

Stage 3: Vitality: 210, Punch: 10, Kick: 10, Weapon: 10, Throwing: 10, Agility: 11, Swimming: 11, Endurance: 12

Stage 4: Vitality: 220, Punch: 11, Kick: 11, Weapon: 11, Throwing: 11, Agility: 12, Swimming: 12, Endurance: 12

Stage 5: Vitality: 220, Punch: 12, Kick: 12, Weapon: 12, Throwing: 12, Agility: 12, Swimming: 12, Endurance: 13

Stage 6: Vitality: 230, Punch: 13, Kick: 13, Weapon: 13, Throwing: 13, Agility: 14, Swimming: 13, Endurance: 14 (points: 3333)

Stage 7: Vitality: 230, Punch: 13, Kick: 13, Weapon: 13, Throwing: 13, Agility: 14, Swimming: 13, Endurance: 14

Stage 8: Vitality: 240, Punch: 14, Kick: 14, Weapon: 14, Throwing: 14, Agility: 14, Swimming: 14, Endurance: 14

Stage 9: Vitality: 240, Punch: 14, Kick: 14, Weapon: 14, Throwing: 14, Agility: 14, Swimming: 14, Endurance: 15

Stage 10: Vitality: 255, Punch: 15, Kick: 15, Weapon: 15, Throwing: 15, Agility: 15, Swimming: 15, Endurance: 15 (points: 3993)

International version:

Stage 1: Vitality: 160, Punch: 2, Kick: 2, Weapon: 5, Throwing: 5, Agility: 7, Swimming: 7, Endurance: 6

Stage 2: Vitality: 190, Punch: 7, Kick: 7, Weapon: 7, Throwing: 7, Agility: 10, Swimming: 9, Endurance: 9

Stage 3: Vitality: 220, Punch: 11, Kick: 11, Weapon: 12, Throwing: 12, Agility: 12, Swimming: 12, Endurance: 12 (points: 3333)

Stage 4: Vitality: 220, Punch: 12, Kick: 12, Weapon: 12, Throwing: 12, Agility: 12, Swimming: 12, Endurance: 13

Stage 5: Vitality: 230, Punch: 13, Kick: 13, Weapon: 13, Throwing: 13, Agility: 13, Swimming: 13, Endurance: 13

Stage 6: Vitality: 240, Punch: 14, Kick: 14, Weapon: 14, Throwing: 14, Agility: 14, Swimming: 14, Endurance: 14 (points: 3333)

Stage 7: Vitality: 240, Punch: 14, Kick: 14, Weapon: 14, Throwing: 14, Agility: 14, Swimming: 14, Endurance: 14

Stage 8: Vitality: 250, Punch: 15, Kick: 15, Weapon: 15, Throwing: 15, Agility: 15, Swimming: 15, Endurance: 15 (points: 4444)

Stage 9: Vitality: 250, Punch: 15, Kick: 15, Weapon: 15, Throwing: 15, Agility: 15, Swimming: 15, Endurance: 15

Stage 10: Vitality: 255, Punch: 15, Kick: 15, Weapon: 15, Throwing: 15, Agility: 15, Swimming: 15, Endurance: 15 (points: 3333)

I guess I was lucky when playing the Japanese version, because I didn’t even try to adjust points in Stage 10, but I got 3993 accidentally and therefore the Most Inspirational Award. I guess that’s why the stats boosted significantly after Stage 10.

In the international version, I was much more used to adjusting points, so I did my best to adjust points wherever I could (except Stage 1). Stage 3 and Stage 6 are easy to adjust, while Stage 8 and Stage 10 are much harder because of Battle Royal ×6 being the last matches. As you could see, I adjusted in four stages, which all resulted in significant boost of stats.

I also tried to adjust points in Stage 1 when I played the international version. However, after many tries, I found that I just could not get the best result (170/3/3/6/6/8/8/7), no matter my points were 111 or 222. Therefore, I just gave up and accept the second best result (160/2/2/5/5/7/7/6). I was worried about not being able to unlock the trophy at the end of Stage 10, but luckily it turned out to be OK.

Again, thank you all for your information, without which I may never unlock the Max Status trophy.

Edited by ChenZheCHN

• 2 months later...