No Experience Required!

Sir_Bee

King's Fall is the most team oriented raid so far and the reason why people on LFG sites want prior experience. LFG groups want to be able to get through the raid with as little effort as possible and that means not having to carry anyone through (which is a bit more difficult with this raid when compared to the previous two).

The best course forward would be to start out with the normal raid anyway. You'll be fine as long as you're at or above 290-295 LL and wait until you're around 305+ LL before starting heroic.

King's Fall is the most team oriented raid so far and the reason why people on LFG sites want prior experience. LFG groups want to be able to get through the raid with as little effort as possible and that means not having to carry anyone through (which is a bit more difficult with this raid when compared to the previous two).

The best course forward would be to start out with the normal raid anyway. You'll be fine as long as you're at or above 290-295 LL and wait until you're around 305+ LL before starting heroic.

I am not sure if that was directed at me, or at anyone coming here, but if it was directed at me, I think you misunderstood my post.  I have already beaten the heroic raid, and have 3 characters over 300, 1 at 312.  I am not looking for someone to carry me, I am placing an open offer to help anyone who is getting to end game and is overwhelmed with needing experience to get experience, or just struggling to put a group together.

Here are my list of requirements:

1 - You must be respectful.  I don't mind the odd swear word, but if every third word is a curse, I will kick you.  And we are all here to work together, so don't put other people down for making mistakes, or not being as good as you think you are.

2 - You must be willing to learn.  I am open to new suggestions from videos you have seen, but you also must be willing to take direction when it comes down to it.

3 - Having a mic would be ideal, but if you don't have one, at the very least you need to be able to hear us, and follow instructions.

4 - 290 light would be preferred.  If you are below, we may still be able to give it a shot, but please don't come at 280, you need to run some more heroic strikes to get your light up.

If you agree to those terms, and are interested, make a post here.  Then we will try and create a schedule for us to give this a go.

I don't have TTK (yet) but this is a pretty nice thing you're doing. If I find a good deal on it during Black Friday/Cyber Monday, I'll join you in this.

You might also want to list the system in the requirements since it isn't cross-play... unless you have both of them by some chance.

I don't have TTK (yet) but this is a pretty nice thing you're doing. If I find a good deal on it during Black Friday/Cyber Monday, I'll join you in this.

You might also want to list the system in the requirements since it isn't cross-play... unless you have both of them by some chance.

I will edit the original post.  I thought that being in the PS4 section would be enough, but you are right, they may not come here through that section and miss it.

Also, we would be happy to have you when you do decide to get the game :).  

• Like 1

I am not sure if that was directed at me, or at anyone coming here, but if it was directed at me, I think you misunderstood my post.  I have already beaten the heroic raid, and have 3 characters over 300, 1 at 312.  I am not looking for someone to carry me, I am placing an open offer to help anyone who is getting to end game and is overwhelmed with needing experience to get experience, or just struggling to put a group together.

No need to be defensive. I was only explaining why I felt LFG groups made the requirements for experience. I can understand where they're coming from on wanting experience and not wanting to play with children. They're total strangers that are getting together for the purpose of getting through the raid as fast and and painless as possible. At least they aren't making those stupid ass requirements for a rng weapon and then locking out people that have been unlucky enough to not get it.

On the lighter side, there are Sherpas out there if you know where to look.

Good on you for being one of those guys.

No need to be defensive. I was only explaining why I felt LFG groups made the requirements for experience. I can understand where they're coming from on wanting experience and not wanting to play with children. They're total strangers that are getting together for the purpose of getting through the raid as fast and and painless as possible. At least they aren't making those stupid ass requirements for a rng weapon and then locking out people that have been unlucky enough to not get it.

On the lighter side, there are Sherpas out there if you know where to look.

Good on you for being one of those guys.

Oh I am sorry, I wasn't trying to be defensive, I was trying to explain because I thought I was misunderstood.  Going back and reading what I wrote, I can definitely tell how it would be read as me being defensive.

I do understand why the LFG groups do it, but that also makes it more difficult for a new player to get into the Raid Scene.  They either need to lie about their experience, and just hope that videos are enough, or they need their own group of friends.  I got very lucky and ended up with an excellent group of people to run my first time, and that was enough to give me the confidence I needed to join other random groups.  With this, I hope to be able to instill that confidence in other new players so that more people can experience what in my opinion is a pretty fun raid.

• Like 1

I started TTK last night officially (story missions) and Im interested in doing the DLC in coop if anyone is interested. PS3 version.

My Hunter class is lvl 40 with 222 light at the moment (trying to figure out how to get better gear ,which apparently lies in raids that require 290+ light).

I also have a mic and am willing to learn through some of the tough stages with other gamers.

Not a fan of mp based games but this one is too addictive  -_-

PSN is yuval75

I have edited the original post to start keeping track of who is interested and who is ready.  When we get closer to 5 people ready, we will start trying to nail down a time to run the raid.  If you have any friends who are interested in running with you/us, please let me know and we can include them here.

I started TTK last night officially (story missions) and Im interested in doing the DLC in coop if anyone is interested. PS3 version.

My Hunter class is lvl 40 with 222 light at the moment (trying to figure out how to get better gear ,which apparently lies in raids that require 290+ light).

I also have a mic and am willing to learn through some of the tough stages with other gamers.

Not a fan of mp based games but this one is too addictive  -_-

PSN is yuval75

I am sorry, but I don't have the ps3 version of the game, so I cannot be of any help to you.  Maybe if you try to make a gaming session you would have better luck?  I can say that your best way to get gear would be to finish all the story missions that you can, and then start running the strike playlists (start with the vanguard one, and then move onto heroic when you get up to ~250) and that should eventually get you up to 280-290+.  Don't forget about all your quests too, you get some decent gear at the end of those chains.

*snip*

*snip*

*snip*

*snip*

Please let me know what time zone you guys are in.  Makes for easier scheduling when the time comes.

Edited by Sir_Bee

hey man, I'd like to join for the Normal and Hard Raid.

I'm level 306 right now, but have only ran the raid on normal 1 time.  I know most of the mechanics and platforming sections.

But I've had a rough time with LFG as I've only ran it once.  Any help would be appreciated.

I'm in the UK

hey man, I'd like to join for the Normal and Hard Raid.

I'm level 306 right now, but have only ran the raid on normal 1 time.  I know most of the mechanics and platforming sections.

But I've had a rough time with LFG as I've only ran it once.  Any help would be appreciated.

I'm in the UK

Added you to the list :)

I'm definitely interested! I used to be an FFXIV player so I know exactly what you mean! Work required me to not grind the game insanely once the expansion hit, so trying to find a group to learn the raid with has been tough! I'm not looking for a carry, I want to actually learn it. But I'll need some hands-on experience to do so :)

I have Warlock and Titan both at 295 (but working on the 310 exotic sword atm). I've done the first part of the raid up until the platforming part (ugh) and then I've beaten Oryx with a group of friends, but that's all I've seen. Definitely want to learn the whole raid with some fun and respectful people!

My timezone is central US (GMT-6). Weekends is when I have the largest chunk of time available to work through this. Also willing to learn it in chunks instead of one massive run through.

I'm definitely interested! I used to be an FFXIV player so I know exactly what you mean! Work required me to not grind the game insanely once the expansion hit, so trying to find a group to learn the raid with has been tough! I'm not looking for a carry, I want to actually learn it. But I'll need some hands-on experience to do so :)

I have Warlock and Titan both at 295 (but working on the 310 exotic sword atm). I've done the first part of the raid up until the platforming part (ugh) and then I've beaten Oryx with a group of friends, but that's all I've seen. Definitely want to learn the whole raid with some fun and respectful people!

My timezone is central US (GMT-6). Weekends is when I have the largest chunk of time available to work through this. Also willing to learn it in chunks instead of one massive run through.

You have been added to the list.  I am not offering to carry people through, I am offering to teach people who want to learn, so you will be a perfect fit :)

I'm only at Light 270, so it's a no go for me. I've seen posts on other forums too about people wanting only to play with others who have experience on the game. Or people asking for a specific K/D ratio. 

Just wanted to say that I like what you are doing. It's really nice of you to offer help to people who for example haven't been able to do raids yet (like me).

I'm only at Light 270, so it's a no go for me. I've seen posts on other forums too about people wanting only to play with others who have experience on the game. Or people asking for a specific K/D ratio. 

Just wanted to say that I like what you are doing. It's really nice of you to offer help to people who for example haven't been able to do raids yet (like me).

I plan on doing this for a while, so if you are interested I can still add you to the list of interested people, and when you get high enough you can get in on a group.  Also, send me a friend request if you want help running any of your missions or quests, and maybe i can help you get some better gear.

I'm in EST.

This has been added, thank you.

I plan on doing this for a while, so if you are interested I can still add you to the list of interested people, and when you get high enough you can get in on a group.  Also, send me a friend request if you want help running any of your missions or quests, and maybe i can help you get some better gear.

Thanks for your offer! I don't plan on playing lots of Destiny lately though, also haven't played it in a while.

It would be cool though to finally play a raid, so I'll keep my eye on this thread for if I ever level up high enough. 

Thanks for your offer! I don't plan on playing lots of Destiny lately though, also haven't played it in a while.

It would be cool though to finally play a raid, so I'll keep my eye on this thread for if I ever level up high enough. 

That is fair, now that I got the plat I will be playing a lot less as well.  Mostly just coming back to help people out or run the raid with groups.  Come back when you are ready to see the raid, and we will do what we can :)