The Battle of Jakku DLC details

Boooda

From IGN

New details announced for the free DLC we'll get December 8th (Dec 1st if you pre-ordered).

The Battle of Jakku DLC will introduce a new mode, known as Turning Point, which dramatises the events which took place on the planet shortly following the Battle of Endor. These are the same events that created the debris we've glimpsed in trailers for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Here's how lead level designer Dennis Brannvall describes the mode: "At the edge of the map, the Empire has constructed a make-shift base as well as smaller fortifications strewn across the landscape. Following an emergency landing, the Rebels need to locate the enemy bases to attack and take control of them all.

"Rebels need to locate and capture one of the three control points in Imperial control. The clock is ticking, but if the Rebel team succeeds with a capture additional time will be added and new control points will be available for capture. Moving through these increasingly challenging checkpoints, the ultimate goal is the Empire’s base where the final stand will take place."

The Battle of Jakku DLC will feature two maps, with the larger – Graveyard of the Giants – said to provide "great visual spectacle," according to Brännvall. "The battles are ever-present, debris will be falling from the skies, and you'll even see a Super Star Destroyer come crashing down during the round."

In my opinion this sounds awesome! I love that we get to play the actual battle that lead to the downed star destroyer in the Force Awakens. Hopefully this really delivers and sets the precedent for their planned DLC. The new mode sounds like a different version of Rush from the battlefield games, but I could be wrong since its been a while since I've played. 

What are your thoughts?

• Like 2