Automatically Adjust Scheduled Gaming Session Time based on user's timezone

favian

If I schedule a session for 5pm, a user in England should see that it starts at 10pm his time (17:00).. Likewise, someone in California should see it starts at 2:00pm

This way everyone is on the same page, and if a person is not logged in with their account, then determine their time zone via their ip address?

I'm not a web developer but i'm just throwing ideas out there. I scheduled a gaming session for 4:30pm today, and did not realize it meant 19:30 in UK time, so the session was declared over by the time it was 4:30pm my time. This makes it incredibly difficult to organize sessions if nobody is on the same page. Otherwise it feels like a terrific addition to this site.

Please use Greenwich Mean Time

But... this already happens. This is why we have time zones in our accounts, so that game sessions are adjusted for everyone to see in their local time. 

I'm not really sure how you made a game session at 4:30 your time and had the game session be over before 4:30 your time, but if I had to hazard a guess you might have your time zone set wrong. For example, your current time may be 5:00pm but you have a 6:00pm time zone set to your profile. Maybe?

Edited by Elyther

If I schedule a session for 5pm, a user in England should see that it starts at 10pm his time (17:00).. Likewise, someone in California should see it starts at 2:00pm

This way everyone is on the same page, and if a person is not logged in with their account, then determine their time zone via their ip address?

I'm not a web developer but i'm just throwing ideas out there. I scheduled a gaming session for 4:30pm today, and did not realize it meant 19:30 in UK time, so the session was declared over by the time it was 4:30pm my time. This makes it incredibly difficult to organize sessions if nobody is on the same page. Otherwise it feels like a terrific addition to this site.

Please use Greenwich Mean Time[/size]

It is already like that. You just have to set your time zone in your profile I am pretty sure.

Please use Greenwich Mean Time

To change your time zone, got to My Settings > Profile Settings and you should see Time Zone there.

Edit: The time zone for the gaming sessions are changed by clicking on Settings at the top of the Gaming Session tab.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

To change your time zone, got to My Settings > Profile Settings and you should see Time Zone there.

That's for forum time and not gaming session time. For gaming session time, go to your name on the top right of the main site (the non-forum parts). Then go to settings from the drop down menu. It'll show you a list of timezones for the gaming sessions in the bottom left corner. The screenshot is from this thread. I'm too lazy to take and upload one myself.

ezlF1LC.png

• Like 1

That's for forum time and not gaming session time. For gaming session time, go to your name on the top right of the main site (the non-forum parts). Then go to settings from the drop down menu. It'll show you a list of timezones for the gaming sessions in the bottom left corner. The screenshot is from this thread. I'm too lazy to take and upload one myself.

ezlF1LC.png

Nice, I didn't know that was for the forum only. There also a link to that at the top of the gaming session page.

thanks guys, so i updated the time for both the forum and the game sessions, and looks good. It should be mandated to double check these settings before joining or organizing a session via this site, to ensure anyone signing up is on the same page.

XdVkW.png

I thought this would do for most people.

It's easy to miss. A prompt would be great "please confirm your time zone". To make matters worse..there are two time zone settings. (forum and the other one)

Edited by favian