Query: Acquiring all starts in Tour (Post-Update)

tkmj75

EaLOMZJ.png

After the 1.25 Driveclub update, there is now an option of getting silver stars on the Tour mode, which have a bit easier requirements on the star requirements for each. 

However, my question is, can you pop the trophies for the tour mode by playing silver starts (instead of gold)? Has anyone tried this?

You still have to get the stars in normal mode to get the trophies. Don't really see the point of easy mode, myself. It can actually be quite annoying because you can select it by accident by putting the controller down, which sometimes presses L2 or R2, and then have to redo the event in normal because you only beat it in easy without knowing it.

You still have to get the stars in normal mode to get the trophies. Don't really see the point of easy mode, myself. It can actually be quite annoying because you can select it by accident by putting the controller down, which sometimes presses L2 or R2, and then have to redo the event in normal because you only beat it in easy without knowing it.

You can't earn the trophies with easy mode (silver stars).

Well that's a waste of time then. Unfortunately, I guess the overall progress of the game will remain very low for me, even after getting the platinum.  :facepalm:

You still get trophies with silver stars in the dlc s , like "unlock aditional events etc .." you have to play the final championship of the dlc s on gold though for the trophy.

The get all stars gold trophy i don t know if you get it with all silverstars but i ll try that out today :)

Thanks for the clarification. You definitely can't get the gold trophies by getting all the silver stars, though.

I'm unsure what the easy mode makes easier outside of the star requirement (does it lower the AI difficulty?), but from my current playing, it seams you always get the silver stars if you play on normal and meet the requirements for them (I have 3 silver stars on 2 Time Trails, even tough I only have 2 Gold Stars on them), not sure if this also works the other way around.

Also if you just want to aim for silver stars, go with brake assist set to low, I have been playing with it most of the time and it makes things easier if you don't know the braking points or if you have troubles managing the car (it either have some kind of hidden throttle control, or something because I feel the cars more tight and have less problems with wheel spin on some troublesome cars..), said that it doesn't help much to get the 3 gold stars on some of them.. the best I usually can get with it is 0,5-1 second away from the 3 star target and I end up needing to turn it off to get the stars (just happened in the last 3 events that I tried... but end up beating them more easily.. seams like it worked to learn the breaking points better, and feeling the car more loose helped to be faster).. Still unsure if I will manage to 100% this.. Only 10 stars, 8 events, 7 of them time trails + 1 stupid long race to go.. maybe I will try the race on easy first :lol:

May as well try it tomorrow on Sakura.

It's been unearned for too long. 

Ok, Championship is gold-locked.

Confirmed by the trophy description.

But after I checked the trophy descriptions, Gold star trophy does not have that addition...

I may try getting all silver stars to see.

EDIT: More info I found while messing around.

• Unlock trophies unlock normally on easy mode
  • Unlocked events are immediately available to play on standard (so that pretty much means you will be able to play tournament after unlocking it on easy and beat it for the silver trophy)
  • Time trials work for both modes, meaning, if you meet requirement for gold star while on easy mode, gold star is unlocked (like, it makes sense, since time trials can't really be nerfed =D), so I presume that would apply to drift events as well. It does not apply to race events (even if they have e.g. meet speed requirement star)
  • Addition to the previous point, even if you already have previously met requirement (example: I have 2:35 time on one event and silver star requires 2:36) the star won't be unlocked, so you need to do it again.

I will update after trying Sakura.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

But after I checked the trophy descriptions, Gold star trophy does not have that addition...

• Unlocked events are immediately available to play on standard (so that pretty much means you will be able to play tournament after unlocking it on easy and beat it for the silver trophy)
  • Time trials work for both modes, meaning, if you meet requirement for gold star while on easy mode, gold star is unlocked (like, it makes sense, since time trials can't really be nerfed =D), so I presume that would apply to drift events as well. It does not apply to race events (even if they have e.g. meet speed requirement star)
  • Addition to the previous point, even if you already have previously met requirement (example: I have 2:35 time on one event and silver star requires 2:36) the star won't be unlocked, so you need to do it again.

Ok, finished.

And as expected, the gold trophy is gold-locked.

• Like 1

Ok, finished.

And as expected, the gold trophy is gold-locked.

Yep, I wrote that in the "Easy Mode" thread 10 days ago, too :)

But after I got all silver stars and was at like 41/45 gold one's, I finally tried to do all of them now. After having played DC Bikes as well, I'm pretty familiar with all tracks and those gold trophies aren't actually too hard at all. I never thought I would be able to manage even one of those but now I'm more than halfways through all packs :)

Yep, I wrote that in the "Easy Mode" thread 10 days ago, too :)

But after I got all silver stars and was at like 41/45 gold one's, I finally tried to do all of them now. After having played DC Bikes as well, I'm pretty familiar with all tracks and those gold trophies aren't actually too hard at all. I never thought I would be able to manage even one of those but now I'm more than halfways through all packs :)

Wow, lucky. I have only like 30 gold stars on Sakura =D

I may complete that one only because it's Japan, I still don't feel like doing all =D

And the last update.

"Get one star" is not gold-locked.

At least on new DLCs, I just tested it on AMG (deliberately on the Heavy Duty race so it wouldn't count towards gold stars) and got the trophy