Has anyone platinumed this game yet?

ducksauce88

I'm in the process of going for plat and have just over half the total trophies. When I started, I was concerned, namely to get all gears, but most challenges are surprisingly easy to get five gears on.

One thing of note with the challenges is that just because it recommends a specific weapon or vehicle doesn't mean you have to use that. I used a helicopter on a shotgun challenge. Lol. Also, if you do a destruction frenzy, run around the area and find the chaos objects. Weaken some, but don't destroy them. Countdown only starts upon first destruction. Some races (car, plane, boat) can only achieve five gears with Nitrous II, so if you ran a near perfect race and didn't get it, you'll know why. For the most part, the wingsuit challenges are the hardest. Most are easy, but I've stumbled upon a few that annoyed me. Once you get the hang of maneuvering the wingsuit and when you upgrade it and the grapple, it's only a matter of time before you get five gears each. After completely liberating an area, question marks will appear in that area of collectibles. This definitely eases things when trying to find all shrines or audio files.

Anyway, those are my tips. Having played through both previous games, I'm really enjoying this one, too.

I'm in the process of going for plat and have just over half the total trophies. When I started, I was concerned, namely to get all gears, but most challenges are surprisingly easy to get five gears on.

One thing of note with the challenges is that just because it recommends a specific weapon or vehicle doesn't mean you have to use that. I used a helicopter on a shotgun challenge. Lol. Also, if you do a destruction frenzy, run around the area and find the chaos objects. Weaken some, but don't destroy them. Countdown only starts upon first destruction. Some races (car, plane, boat) can only achieve five gears with Nitrous II, so if you ran a near perfect race and didn't get it, you'll know why. For the most part, the wingsuit challenges are the hardest. Most are easy, but I've stumbled upon a few that annoyed me. Once you get the hang of maneuvering the wingsuit and when you upgrade it and the grapple, it's only a matter of time before you get five gears each. After completely liberating an area, question marks will appear in that area of collectibles. This definitely eases things when trying to find all shrines or audio files.

Anyway, those are my tips. Having played through both previous games, I'm really enjoying this one, too.

Thats a ton of great info. Thank you! You have probably saved me so much time! Also, I'm curious did you call in a rebel drop for that helicopter for the shotgun challenge? Or can you only get it if it is on the base? The one that was the hardest for me was the boat challenge as it was too hard to destroy all choas objects, but that is because I dont have the proper boats unlocked yet. I also wish I would have looked at the trophy list earlier as some of the earlier military bases would have been easier to complete the "Without Bullets" trophy. I read you can reset the bases after you beat the game so I will have to wait untili then to complete that one!

• Like 1

Thats a ton of great info. Thank you! You have probably saved me so much time! Also, I'm curious did you call in a rebel drop for that helicopter for the shotgun challenge? Or can you only get it if it is on the base? The one that was the hardest for me was the boat challenge as it was too hard to destroy all choas objects, but that is because I dont have the proper boats unlocked yet. I also wish I would have looked at the trophy list earlier as some of the earlier military bases would have been easier to complete the "Without Bullets" trophy. I read you can reset the bases after you beat the game so I will have to wait untili then to complete that one!

You can't call a rebel drop when having started a challenge. You have to find a helicopter or tank - but there is not always one available.

Yes those boat challenges are easiest done with that big rebel ship :)

And in addition to the tip to weaken but not destroy big objects, it's probably self-explainatory to start with the smallest objects and leave the big one's until you have a x8 multiplyer. I found at least one challenge where I had to destroy a few cars at the very beginning in order to start the first "real" object with a x4 or x5 in order to complete it with 5 gears. So starting with a car or two is never wrong as well.

Thanks. Yeah, the helicopter was at the base thankfully. Sadly, if you call in a helicopter and then start a destruction frenzy, the helicopter you called will disappear. I've tried this, too, and it didn't work, but most bases have some vehicle. If you find a vehicle that you really like and has a lot of fire power, look up online what base you need to destroy to acquire it so when you do a challenge that requires a vehicle, you can use it. If you try "Without Bullets" use the grapple and just parachute around the base, grappling chaos objects to the ground and then pulling them down. The upgraded tether works well here. There's also a challenge for not leaving your vehicle. Use a helicopter with missiles and make sure the base you're attacking doesn't have SAMs.

Only destruction that doesn't already use good weapon from the get go (eg. all kinds of rocket launchers, tanks, choppers) and doesn't have helicopter /w machine guns available is grapple challenge, but you can do it fairly easily, when you find good route.

When you use helicopter on eg. sniper challenge, it becomes child's play, because score is made for sniper rifle, so you will probably get 5 gears with something like 15-20 seconds to spare and end up 10-15k above limit.

In general, only hard part are 3, maybe 4 wingsuit courses, but those few are in the league of their own. I've already spend at least 4-6 hours on last 3 alone, and they always screw me over (I'm on 4 gears on all 3, sometimes missing as little as 500-700 points on 70-80k) - long and/or fast, with tricky turns and allowing 1-2 non-perfects at most. There is nothing even close in difficulty and no other course will prepare you for those. Unlike most other challenges in the game, there is no way to trick wingsuit, no upgrade (except maybe air break, if you are lucky or god like with it) will help you, no shortcuts, requiring near perfection. Personally, I would rate this plat at least 7/10, just because of those last few wingsuit challenges. Some people will never get this plat.

• Like 1

Only destruction that doesn't already use good weapon from the get go (eg. all kinds of rocket launchers, tanks, choppers) and doesn't have helicopter /w machine guns available is grapple challenge, but you can do it fairly easily, when you find good route.

When you use helicopter on eg. sniper challenge, it becomes child's play, because score is made for sniper rifle, so you will probably get 5 gears with something like 15-20 seconds to spare and end up 10-15k above limit.

In general, only hard part are 3, maybe 4 wingsuit courses, but those few are in the league of their own. I've already spend at least 4-6 hours on last 3 alone, and they always screw me over (I'm on 4 gears on all 3, sometimes missing as little as 500-700 points on 70-80k) - long and/or fast, with tricky turns and allowing 1-2 non-perfects at most. There is nothing even close in difficulty and no other course will prepare you for those. Unlike most other challenges in the game, there is no way to trick wingsuit, no upgrade (except maybe air break, if you are lucky or god like with it) will help you, no shortcuts, requiring near perfection. Personally, I would rate this plat at least 7/10, just because of those last few wingsuit challenges. Some people will never get this plat.

I feel like this game is almost too grindy. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but holy poop it has taken me forever to liberate everything. I decided to liberate everything first and then play through the campaign second. After that I'm going to go through the rest and do all my collecting and gear hunting. I'm determined though!

I feel like this game is almost too grindy. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but holy poop it has taken me forever to liberate everything. I decided to liberate everything first and then play through the campaign second. After that I'm going to go through the rest and do all my collecting and gear hunting. I'm determined though!

Hey,

I'm pretty sure my plat time speed was 2nd overall so just a few tips to throw you way - story wise you get to unlock some cool stuff, i cleared the bottom two regions just as the new mission unlocked and then cleared up the 3rd before finishing the (very short) story

remember for all the races that you can pick other cars so doing some missions or finding really fast vehicles will help you do some of the races (even choosing another car in the shitty category if it's mandatory). Avoid motorcycles since they're just about undriveable (al least to me) and the Buggy (Uhra something) is the perfect for off road courses. Bomb ones can only be tricky since the game may push you to take a way that's wrong for example the one with the Bigfoot truck looks perfect for going straight but you have to follow the tracks also if you reach the target in time you can jump out fairly far away and even if you do 1 damage to the target you can get 5 gears. But for the most part stick to the road it's by far the fastest way

As others said look for tanks or helicopters in challenges regardless of what you're supposed to use also you can take parked humvees with .50's and park them around the specific spots before you start blowing stuff up. Setting up thethers to far away or hard to hit targets also help build up chaos multiplier without losing time getting there and you can also activate them from far away or while manning a machine gun

For the Bavarium challenges just make sure to bring in as much as possible on your first drop before enemies show you can easily net 15-20.000 points

now for the trickiest part which is wingsuit challenges... i did 5 gears in all as i unlocked them and 2 or 3 of them are especially gruesome. I believe the Marathon Tour one in Montana took me about 2 hours to do properly and I nearly threw my joystick at the ISS. For that specific cursed course i recommend you get familiar with the turns, you gotta hit perfect on all (maybe miss 1) down to the quarry trucks, try and have minimum 60-65.000 points once you reach the Kipper (huge quarry truck) marker. And work on your air-brakes for the wingsuit it is useful after the quarry part break and dive down to hit the 2-3 markers perfectly and remember to pull up early enough and glide through the ones close to the ground. On some other courses where you need to dive down after straight run brakes work wonders if you know how to use them.

For the most part come prepared with patience, you'll spend a lot of times staring at loading screens

I am officially one trophy away from plat and that one trophy is Anything You Can Do... (Beat a score you were Called-Out on.) Wondering if anyone would be so gracious as to help me with this? I tried adding someone and called him out over the weekend, but he has yet to return the favor.  :(

• Like 1

A few wingsuit tours are hard, but other than that this game is really easy to complete - just a little time consuming.

1. Maxime Tour;

2. Mountain Marathon Tour;

3. Snowy Slopes Tour

You'll probably hate those. Hate as hell. Seriously. Especially Maxime Tour.

Edited by Sykacz

1. Maxime Tour;

2. Mountain Marathon Tour;

3. Snowy Slopes Tour

You'll probably hate those. Hate as hell. Seriously. Especially Maxime Tour.

plus Cloudy Crevasse tour - those four were the hardest by far.

I made share-videos from those, execpt Mountain Marathon, because the console fucked that video up (a shame, it was my last to platinum). I was pretty proud when I got those four right :D

I am officially one trophy away from plat and that one trophy is Anything You Can Do... (Beat a score you were Called-Out on.) Wondering if anyone would be so gracious as to help me with this? I tried adding someone and called him out over the weekend, but he has yet to return the favor.  :(

I'll send you a friend request and I will send you a call out when I get home. I will make it an easy one :)

• Like 1