Haunting Ground to PS3 as PS2 Classic, and...a Dora the Explorer game? o_O

Lady Lilith

http://www.examiner.com/article/two-new-ps2-classics-revealed-for-playstation-3

The latest rating update from the Entertainment Software Rating Board has revealed two new PS2 Classics that will be coming soon to the Playstation 3 platform. Dora The Explorer: Dora Saves the Mermaids and Haunting Ground (you can check out some screens from the survival-horror video game in the slideshow at the top of this article) are the next Playstation 2 games in line to be re-released as a digital download titles on the Playstation Store of the high-definition system.

Dora The Explorer: Dora Saves the Mermaids (rated E for Everyone) was first released in February 11, 2008, while Haunting Ground (rated M for Mature due to blood, suggestive themes and violence) originally launched on May 10, 2005. Just like previous PS2 Classics, Sony Computer Entertainment is listed as the publisher (Take-Two Interactive originally published Dora The Explorer: Dora Saves the Mermaids while Haunting Ground was first published by Capcom) for the digital releases both titles.

What the hell is up with them releasing these crappy shovelware titles (of course, I mean Dora, and when they released Spongebob on PS2 Classics too) :huh:

Haunting Ground?? Man I couldn't stand that game. Trying to solve puzzles and every two minute some dumb bugger comes after me. It's when I realized that this was the gameplay that I was like, the hell with this. It's annoying! It's like, get the hell outta here damnit, I'm trying to solve shit. Went through Clock Tower 3 on PS2, that was good enough for me. Maybe I should give HG another chance. Is it gonna have trophies? Still, I'd much rather play Rule of Rose, and God knows how awful that was...

People with little kids will probably appreciate the Dora game. I'm sure if SpongeBob sold no copies this wouldn't have happened.

But, Haunting Grounds is cool. The lack of trophies means I can check it out and not worry about needing to like it so much I perfect it. I actually also want to check out Rule of Rose sometime, but the negative reviews made me always pick something else.

• Like 1

I have played all three survival horror games, Demento (Haunting Ground), Clock Tower 3 and Rule of Rose. The first one is one of my favorite PS2 games. I might agree that occasionally, the games are not that user-friendly when it comes to the gameplay but it was all the atmospheric designs that drove me crazy for these games. I was simply the type of gamer who would stay hiding somewhere for a long time while the stalker is running around, that concept alone made me immersed in the game.

I am glad to see Haunting Ground as a PS2 Classic, I wish it's also going to be released in my region.

• 5 weeks later...