McGregor Vs Aldo

AgaveAttenuata

I don't know anything about MMA but I stayed up to watch it because I'm Irish and it was meant to be a really big event. I was like, "lol. Is it usually this short?"

I felt really bad for Aldo though.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eWg_CnJsu3c

Just thought i'd post this yes that's him crying in a corner it's over for him and brazil now all we need is a decent heavyweight and a new age of mma can start.

I live in Ireland so everyone is talking about it. I stayed up till 6am to see a 1 punch K.O.

I don't regularly watch UFC but does anyone else think it was a bit disappointing?

I don't know if UFC fans prefer a 1 punch K.O. instead of an entire fight.

The only thing disappointing about the main event was Aldo will only be remembered by casual fans for being tagged with a counter left after wading in in an overaggressive manner; they won't acknowledge his decade of dominance because reasons.

It was certainly anticlimactic to me sure, and it'll certainly take a while for me to get over this one. =/

UFC either needs to start rigging fights or start getting better fighters because 1 person shouldn't be knocking the other guy out that fast.

Start getting better fighters? You do realize Aldo hadn't been beaten in a little over a decade, correct? He made a tactical error and waded in against an extremely accurate fighter known for laser-like counter striking on the retreat. That's why MMA is so captivating: one moment you're atop the world, the next you're staring up at the lights asking Big John what happened.

Worst fight I've seen in my life. Aldo was a beat man going into this. McGregor got into his head and beat him outside of the Octagon way before of this match. It was sad to see Aldo before the fight. I could tell from his face that a great champion is going down. He deserved a lot better then a lucky one punch. McGregor is a piece of shit, he doesn't respect anyone and talks way too much bullshit. Beats the shit out of me why this clown gets to be the king of the world. I watch MMA for good sportsmanship and great fights, not for this bullshit.

The real fight of the night was Weidman vs. Rockhold. Great stuff. Kinda dissappointed about Herb Deans performance as a referee though. I think the fight should of been stopped when Luke had him on the ground and pound.

What? He had nothing for respect for Aldo after the fight. He always respects his opponents after fights. He sells fights. Stop shitposting about things you hate on. Conor is well deserving of what he has now.