Steins;Gate Games ?

Yung_Pan

Hello. I have spent some time playing Steins;Gate on my PS3. Not sure which one it is exactly, only that it was released here in north america not long ago...think in november. Anyway, I like what I 've seen so far, and so I have created a japanese account so I can start to play more anime titles. I noticed on the japanese PSN, there are several Stein;Gate games, vita, PS3 and PS4. Also PSP. My question is, and I do apologize for not finding this info on my own, but in what order do these games come in? Observing their date of release sorta helps, however I 'd like to know exactly the chronological order to play them in.

I do not speak or read japanese, I might some day, but as for now, Im willing to risk purchasing expensive japanese anime, and just cross my fingers they have english support somewhere in there. So any info here would be great.

@Kurisu - Okay good to know. From stuff I have read about this, what you say helps me out. Two more things Kurisu, does Steins;Gate 0 have english then ? How could I discover which japanese anime imports have english support ? surely their must be a way to find that out. I have seen many north american accounts on this site earning trophies for different anime titles, they may be able to read japanese...I have tries to translate stuff from the japanese psn, though haven't been able to find if they have that english in there :(

@Kurisu - Okay good to know. From stuff I have read about this, what you say helps me out. Two more things Kurisu, does Steins;Gate 0 have english then ? How could I discover which japanese anime imports have english support ? surely their must be a way to find that out. I have seen many north american accounts on this site earning trophies for different anime titles, they may be able to read japanese...I have tries to translate stuff from the japanese psn, though haven't been able to find if they have that english in there :(

Steins;Gate 0 does not have English, no. I'm not sure how to find out aside from asking around, but most Japanese games don't have an English option (although some Asian versions from Hong Kong etc do) The non-Japanese accounts you see are either people that know Japanese or are using a guide/persevering with the language barrier. In terms of a visual novel, those people are likely just in it for the easy trophies

Depends on what you mean by imports. 

You mean games that have Japanese trophy list, or imports as localizations?

In any case, there are NO English games on Japanese PSN for JP-original games. (I'm not sure about worldwide releases... I'm pretty sure Resident Evil is multilingual, MGS probably as well)

Since... you know... there's no reason for that =D

Don't know why in the heck there aren't more steins gate that released in America....

Because all the games in questions are spin-offs as assistant already explained.

Spin-offs for VNs are usually not localized as localizing the main VN is already enough of a feat...

Also, one more reason. S;G is originally (because 5pb did try) Xbox series. PS versions are just ports.

That changed with S;G0, though. So it may be different now.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

Akiba's Trip undead and undressed might be something you could look at?

The western version has Japanese audio and English text.

Sword art online might also be something for you to check out.

Whilst not true for everyone as Makise says a lot of the Japanese VN players wont be reading the games, they will just be spamming the X button for trophies.

Edited by JapanimeGamer
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

That's a lot of spam.

I wont judge people who do it, but they are probably wasting a good story :)

You aren't understanding. The skip button it held down (or in some, pressed once) and then it skips really fast through the story until an option or message (in case of S;G and Amnesia) appears.

Which means they do miss great stories so he does understand =D

Not saying that he is misunderstanding that they miss a great story, I'm referring to the point where he said "That's a lot of spam", when you and i both know about the single press of the skip button.