Am I the Only One Disappointed in the Customisation?

TheLiamK

TL:DR version - Character customisation in this game is garbage.

I've been playing Battlefront for a couple of days now and I'm having a lot of fun with it. However, what struck me as odd at first was the lack of difference between the avatars of the people with whom I was playing. "No biggie" I thought to myself, assuming the lack of customised characters was due to the fact that the game has only been out a short while; maybe they just needed to level up to unlock stuff? 

Curious, I checked the customisation options for myself and was utterly disappointed, there was no way to equip different armour sets to you avatar, no option for custom avatars, not even different colourisation options. Instead we are given a tiny selection of (admittedly decent looking) pre-set faces and hair styles and, by tiny, I mean you could count the amount of different character models on two hands. Models which are shared between both factions.

Sure, the are a couple(in the literal sense) of unique models at higher levels, mainly armour variations for the glorious empire and a couple of minor characters from the movies(I think) for the rebel scum alliance but the point remains, this is STAR WARS. One of the biggest franchises on the planet, with countless movies, series, games, comics, toylines, and novels containing god knows how many races, cultures, species and factions to draw inspiration for character designs. Now don't get me wrong, I am not asking for access to ALL of these different characters but man, on all other accounts this game is great about making you feel like you are fighting in the Star Wars Universe, the locations look fantastic, the music pairs perfectly with the action and the weapons sound and feel amazing, but killing, and fighting along side, the same 5 character models  over and over again damages what the other aspects of the game do so well. 

jek_porkins_sw_9257.jpg
Hell id even play as PORKINS. Just give us something.

Don't get me wrong, the game is still amazing, and I'll be playing for a long time but being able to create an avatar that is unique to me, or having enough character model variation to fill a team would have been such an improvement. Instead, it just feels like a huge wasted opportunity.

• Like 1