The Walking Dead finally on PS4

I was waiting this game as a console user,  :D  I've never played The Escapist but I'll buy this one as soon as it's released. (16th february)

The trophies seem easy to obtain, however the original game plat looks challenging. We should check on steam for the achievement rating.

Did any of you play it ? The story should follow the comics, how is it ? 

The game follows the exact story of the comics,from issue number 1 to issued number 84. All the characters and the major locations are present.

It is not a TWD skin for The Escapists, it's a complete different game which was released on PC/XONE in september 2015.

The price is almost certainly 14,99.  :rolleyes: 

I'm a big fan of the comics - the TV show, not so much... the story just isn't as good and the antagonists have been sanitised for a primetime audience. If this really follows the comics story, then that's a great thing.

I need to get back to playing the original game. It's good enough that I'd be interested in playing this version of it, though I might read a couple of reviews first. 

• Like 1

I'm a big fan of the comics - the TV show, not so much... the story just isn't as good and the antagonists have been sanitised for a primetime audience. If this really follows the comics story, then that's a great thing.

I need to get back to playing the original game. It's good enough that I'd be interested in playing this version of it, though I might read a couple of reviews first. 

The story follows the comics story, that's a fact  xD

Here's the metacritic page of the PC version.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-escapists-the-walking-dead

I think you should change the topics name.

The Walking Dead finally on PS4? Definitely not. Everyone knows The Walking Dead: A Telltale Game Series.

I don't think so, this is the first game that follows the exact story of the original comics. Moreover it's the first game yet to be released on next gen only.

Anyway if it bothers you, for reasons unknown to me, I can always change it.

• Like 1

@Re-LoreLink

I haven't played this on PC, but I'm not sure we can say it follows the comic exactly.

The 'No Stone Unturned' trophy doesn't happen in the comic :P

I'll say in a spoiler tag as to not ruin it for anyone (even though it was 5 years ago :P)

If this only goes to Issue 83, they haven't left Alexandria.

#83 is when the walkers got in through the damaged wall and when they tried to leave, Carl got shot in the head .  Then they stayed in Alexandria and took out the herd and continued living there. They didn't escape :P

@Re-LoreLink

I haven't played this on PC, but I'm not sure we can say it follows the comic exactly.

The 'No Stone Unturned' trophy doesn't happen in the comic :P

I'll say in a spoiler tag as to not ruin it for anyone (even though it was 5 years ago :P)

If this only goes to Issue 83, they haven't left Alexandria.

#83 is when the walkers got in through the damaged wall and when they tried to leave, Carl got shot in the head .  Then they stayed in Alexandria and took out the herd and continued living there. They didn't escape :P

Well if you haven't played the game you can't say what they mean by it. Trophies descriptions are often misleading.

Anyway I think that in this specific case it's more of a gameplay related choice, you need to escape/clear the stage bringing Carl to safety.

Well if you haven't played the game you can't say what they mean by it. Trophies descriptions are often misleading.

Anyway I think that in this specific case it's more of a gameplay related choice, you need to escape/clear the stage bringing Carl to safety.

Yeah, I know what you mean :P

I never played the original Escapists, because it didn't interest me much, but this is a Day 1 for me :)

Love TWD comics.  The show.. not so much..

Like Striken said^ they changed it up to have a more diverse cast.  Andrea and Dale were killed off early and replaced with a Black couple who were not likeable, just changed for diversity and it didn't work.  They kept Tyreese alive after the Prison (were he died in the comics) and his character became so boring and his death was not meaningful like the comic.

The show is still years behind they comics, I can't understand why they are not improving upon the material they have.

I had to give up on the show after the 1st episode of season 6.  Maybe I'll give it another try at some point, but it's just so poor.

Yeah, I know what you mean :P

I never played the original Escapists, because it didn't interest me much, but this is a Day 1 for me :)

Love TWD comics.  The show.. not so much..

Like Striken said^ they changed it up to have a more diverse cast.  Andrea and Dale were killed off early and replaced with a Black couple who were not likeable, just changed for diversity and it didn't work.  They kept Tyreese alive after the Prison (were he died in the comics) and his character became so boring and his death was not meaningful like the comic.

The show is still years behind they comics, I can't understand why they are not improving upon the material they have.

I had to give up on the show after the 1st episode of season 6.  Maybe I'll give it another try at some point, but it's just so poor.

I agree, the comics is on another planet compared to the show, yet the actors performances in the latter are very good.

I love the AMC Shane though (As you can see from by profile pic.),Jon Bernthal is just great, and I'm no stranger to acting xD

Edited by Re-LoreLink

I agree, the comics is on another planet compared to the show, yet the actors performances in the latter are very good.

I love the AMC Shane though (As you can see from by profile pic.),Jon Bernthal is just great, and I'm no stranger to acting xD

The acting IS good, yeah. It's just that the story is pretty weak at times.

Don't get me wrong, I've loved the AMC show at times.

Shane was great. Keeping him alive longer in the show (to Hershal's farm) was one of the better choices of the show.

The show has done a few good things, to be fair. Daryl is a great part of the show (who won't be in the game I guess)

• Like 1

Agreed. Show stinks

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The story follows the comics story, that's a fact  xD

Here's the metacritic page of the PC version.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-escapists-the-walking-dead

I don't think so, this is the first game that follows the exact story of the original comics. Moreover it's the first game yet to be released on next gen only.

Anyway if it bothers you, for reasons unknown to me, I can always change it.

So all movies, games, etc needs to follow the book/comics story? c'mon ma, you make me laugh 

Stop watching a lot of movies, and about games you will end up not playing anything...