Hint thread - No spoilers or solutions please!

StrickenBiged

So something has been bugging me and not sure if there is any significance. Maybe I'm thinking to much into it.

So just a yes or no answer if it will play a later roll in the game.

There is a single grey cloud in the sky. While the rest are white. Am I thinking too much into it and it means nothing?

Ha, I've been wondering about that too.

On another note, does anyone know what the small cross-hair like icon that is seen on some panels in the Town is about? I've been quick to understand the language of the icons in the game, but I have no idea what this one is about. All I know is that if you 'fulfill' it's requirement then it can light up those black dots on the grid that need to be covered.

One question regarding a solution on the ship:

There is a panel which looks like there are dots for the sounds of the water drops. For me it sounds like big medium medium big medium medium. Is that correct? In had problems with the jungle puzzles, too. The sounds came every time from another box of my surround system so it's hard to concentrate on them. The puzzle in the ship is even harder

One question regarding a solution on the ship:

There is a panel which looks like there are dots for the sounds of the water drops. For me it sounds like big medium medium big medium medium. Is that correct? In had problems with the jungle puzzles, too. The sounds came every time from another box of my surround system so it's hard to concentrate on them. The puzzle in the ship is even harder

I managed to get it by fluke. Or trying random combinations over and over again. Took me forever. There are 7 dots in total. The rain drops for me was low medium medium. But you're supposed to take the ships creaking also into account. And there are four sounds the ship makes, but I could not tell which order they go in, so I tried my best to just use the rain drops and 3 dots, low medium, medium, and by some combination managed to get it.

Edited by DysectorZA

I managed to get it by fluke. Or trying random combinations over and over again. Took me forever. There are 7 dots in total. The rain drops for me was low medium medium. But you're supposed to take the ships creaking also into account. And there are four sounds the ship makes, but I could not tell which order they go in, so I tried my best to just use the rain drops and 3 dots, low medium, medium, and by some combination managed to get it.

Got that one, thanks!

But there is another level i maybe don't understand. It's in the town ...

... in the green house ...

... the one with the stars on the right. The left puzzle was easy, but i don't get the right. So there are stars which want to be in pairs. I think there are three types of stars: Black ones( B), white ones(W) and those which change it's colour(X), like that:

XX   XB

WX  XX

BB  WW

XB  WW

Is that idea wrong or am i just to stupid to find a path to solve that puzzle?

I'm in the town area and there is a panel that looks like a windmill. I'm stuck.

You done all the other areas? You're going to want to do the town near the end, once you have learned the rules from all the other areas. The Town mashes all the rules together. After doing everything else, it was quite manageable.

Got that one, thanks!

But there is another level i maybe don't understand. It's in the town ...

... in the green house ...

... the one with the stars on the right. The left puzzle was easy, but i don't get the right. So there are stars which want to be in pairs. I think there are three types of stars: Black ones( B), white ones(W) and those which change it's colour(X), like that:

XX   XB

WX  XX

BB  WW

XB  WW

Is that idea wrong or am i just to stupid to find a path to solve that puzzle?

Er, whoops, I misread that.

What was that property about stars of different colors?

Edited by Slain087

I'm in the town area and there is a panel that looks like a windmill. I'm stuck.

You solved puzzles like that before around the windmill.

The middle panel might have something to do with it. Wasn't there some other place that was in a shipping container?

Thanks so far, but I knew that already. Thats why I have solved one of the two and gave them names. I just can't solve the puzzle that way!

Thanks so far, but I knew that already. Thats why I have solved one of the two and gave them names. I just can't solve the puzzle that way!

I flubbed that up, lol. Anyway, I edited the post above when I realized it, but here's it again:

What happens if you put two white and two black stars together?

Okay, how about Monastery 7? Solved.

Edited by Slain087

I was also stuck on that puzzle for a while, as it is the only panel like that on the island. I knew it had to do with the windmill, but was not sure of the solution. I eventually tried randomly and after a few times I got it.

I flubbed that up, lol. Anyway, I edited the post above when I realized it, but here's it again:

What happens if you put two white and two black stars together?

Okay,

Stars have to be in pairs of the same colour. Colours don't have to be separated.

I sorted those stars in always black, always white and changing. I found a in my eyes valid solution to the puzzle, but that's not working.

Maybe I need a hint like: In which and how many groups do I have to split the stars? Are there those three types described by me? Are there green, red and blue stars and I just don't understand that colour changing mechanic?

I didn't had any problem with the bunker or the left puzzle, so this is driving me nuts.

Edited by bioxz

Okay,

Stars have to be in pairs of the same colour. Colours don't have to be separated.

I sorted those stars in always black, always white and changing. I found a in my eyes valid solution to the puzzle, but that's not working.

Maybe I need a hint like: In which and how many groups do I have to split the stars? Are there those three types described by me? Are there green, red and blue stars and I just don't understand that colour changing mechanic?

I didn't had any problem with the bunker or the left puzzle, so this is driving me nuts.

There are, in fact, more than three colors of star.

So I solved the first gate puzzle in the monastery area last night just by randomly trying some paths.  But now I have no idea how to proceed with the next puzzle.  I can't figure out the rules for that area.  Any hints?

Try looking inside the structure. Maybe there's something there?

Edited by Slain087

Damn, I really had hopes to get to Platinum without hints. However, I'm stuck for my last laser (jungle). I just can't figure out that last birds puzzle. I think I've been listening to birds for an hour in total now. Drives me nuts :P.

Nvm... headphones did the trick !

Edited by ViperHD
  • Like 1

... but i just have to share my artistic skills.

LOL.

When I really got stuck and could figure out a solution, I used my phone. Took a picture of the screen, then used an app call You Doodle and drew on the picture on my phone. Made the puzzle easier to solve as I could draw and undo, and confirm the solution.

Not sure if that is cheating?

The camera really helped during the end on the colour changing or broken panels. Took multiple photos with my phone until the one colour that matched correctly. Now would that be considered cheating? hehe